“Could not be happier” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 543 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Circle Istanbul is a 360° look at the world’s most complex city, seen from the sidewalks, cafes, hilltops, and doorsteps. Expect to spend your day away from the tour buses, museums, crowds and souvenir shops - we'd rather show you the ENTIRE city as the locals see it! Allow us to present our Istanbul, the real Istanbul.
London, United Kingdom
“Could not be happier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I literally could not be happier with how my day went with Ozcan and Circle Istanbul. I had been to Istanbul once before, and had already seen the tourist attractions, so I was looking for something a little different, and being a solo female I wasn't sure where I could go on my own. With Ozcan and his fiance Asli, I saw the European and Asian sides, the upper class and lower class areas, and everything in between. We took about four different forms of local transportation and did a lot of walking around back streets and areas that I would not have felt comfortable exploring without a local. I tried a ton of new and different foods, pretty sure I ate more today than I normally do in two days! And I had a Turkish bath for the first time! Plus having Ozcan and Asli to talk to I was able to learn a ton about what life is really like here, the kind of discussions you don't get with large tour groups. The company was very quick to respond to my booking request and even ended up running the tour for me alone when the second person bailed last minute (normal minimum is 2 people for the tour to go). Seriously, I couldn't recommend this more. It was a completely different side of the city and I am so glad I got to experience it.

Visited February 2014

Dublin, Ireland
18 attraction reviews
“highlight of my visit in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

we were lookng for a guided tour of Istanbul and wow we found an awesome one, we took the whole day tour and started at 9 am till 10 pm. We did it in February which is pretty cold in Istanbul but we were lucky enough that the sun came out and that was even better. Get ready to be blown away by the diversity of the city by the unusual food/smell /taste/social mix of this city.
the tour is about discovering the city as someone that lives there might know it. go to the best shop for turkish delight, seeing markets, visiting neighborghoods, seeing the every day Istanbul.If you want a great experience book this! you will never forget it. Polat was a great guide- he answered all the questions we had and showed us the city as a friend would.
if you have time do this! ***P&A

Visited February 2014
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“An amazing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Oz was charming, full of interesting facts and info about the un-touristy parts of Istanbul.
He took us to local markets, drank tea by the road side, ate a freshly caught and cooked fish by the riverside and showed us some incredible views...

I would highly recommend this tour for those who want to get away from seeing the usual tourist areas... he was flexible and sensitive to our needs and seemed to enjoy the day as much as we did!

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Day with Oz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our day out with Oz was the highlight of our holiday. As my daughter and myself were the only ones on the Tour we had his expertise all to ourselves. We walked in the most amazing un-touristy places, jumped in and out of taxis, trams and two boats. We sampled delicious and varied street food we wouldn't have been brave enough to have bought ourselves. We experienced the European side and Asian side of the City, and were shown small friendly neighbourhoods where Oz knew local people and where we sampled teas and coffees. He even knew a cobbler where my daughter was able to have her boots mended and stitched by hand! We would recommend our Tour to anybody searching for the deeper experience of Istanbul and will certainly book again one day.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My friend and I were traveling in Istanbul and I came across Circle Istanbul on Trip Advisor. I thought it was a good idea to try...he wasn't so sure. So we made a bet that if he didn't enjoy it, I'd buy him a dinner when we got home. Needless to say, he isn't getting a free dinner. The tour was awesome and was probably one of the best tours I've had when traveling oversees. Our guide was Oz and he was GREAT. There were only five of us in our group including myself and my friend. The diversity of the neighborhoods we visited as well as the food was worth every penny. No matter what you're interested in or looking for, you find it during the tour. Don't miss the opportunity to see the real side of Istanbul, away from all the tourist sites. The hamam we went to was perfectly authentic. The restaurant where we had dinner was full of locals. I can't say enough good things. Thank you Oz for the fun...and full...day.