“Centrally located boutique hotel - a gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premist Hotel

You added Premist Hotel to your Saves list
Premist Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankurtaran Mah. Ishakpasa Cad.No.12 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #26 of 981 Hotels in Istanbul
Denver, Colorado
“Centrally located boutique hotel - a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We started our journey through Turkey in Istanbul, where we were fortunate enough to have found the Premist. It was reasonably priced, was centrally located in the heart of Sultanahmet and the service was amazing. First, when he arrived (at 8 am after a long overseas flight), they gave us access to a bathroom to freshen up (our room was not available until 11) and they took care of our luggage while we wandered the city.

When we returned to check in, they gave us two separate rooms, rather than a double -- at the same rate! The whole staff was incredibly helpful, especially Mustafa and Esin. Their English was good, so it was easy to communicate. They gave us many recommendations -- I would say all were spot on except the Bosphorous cruise and Whirling Dervishes, which weren't highlights. When we asked for directions, they once personally walked us to the place we wanted to go (it was along their walk home).

The rooms are small, but have everything you need and are very clean. They serve a great Turkish breakfast (included in the price of the room). If you are a light sleeper, you may struggle with the 5:30 am call to prayer from the nearby mosque and the wooden floors (which allow you to hear anyone walking in the hallways/on the stairs).

Overall, you can't find a better deal in a better location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
PremistHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premist Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor and for your supports.

It is great a honor for us to know that you left with good memories from Istanbul.

We hope to welcome you here again on your next visit to Istanbul.

guestrelations@premisthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Tirana, Albania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked Premist Hotel for my short stay in Istanbul, based on the trip advisor community reviews and I was not disappointed. On the contrary!

Everything that is already mentioned is absolutely true and they really make you feel at home, from the nicely decorated areas and rooms to the complementary tea and coffee. Breakfast rich and service always perfect! Housekeeping is also doing quite an amazing job keeping everything spotless. WiFi - I'm amazed - this is the first time I'm travelling in some hotel and WiFi never has a problem!

The trip was a surprise to my mother for the March 8th and I couldn't have selected a better place.

Although I had already pinpointed a few places of interest to visit during our short stay in Istanbul, I realised that I should completely trust Esin as the specialist who made it all easy for us.

She suggested something interesting and entertaining to do each dinner and all those places that we should absolutely not miss!

The hotel is conveniently located near taxi station ;-) in the middle of all the major attractions: Topkapi, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar, Egyptian spices, some famous historical ham ams, Gylhane Park and hundred of nice restaurants are all within walking distance!

For joggers, the hotel is right across the Kennedy Avenue and Gylhane Park both amazing places to go for a morning jog.

As someone mentioned, the rooms are somewhat noisy, but overall, I'm absolutely totally satisfied and so is my mother! Her happiness was priceless!

Thank you all you guys at Premist Hotel :-)

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for telling how you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your heartfelt supports.

All the family members sends their warmest regards.

We would always pleased to welcome you here at your home in Istanbul.

Regards

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was a guest in this special little boutique hotel for 6 nights and couldn't have had a better stay in the Sultanahmet, especially in this price range. There are so many small hotels in this particular neighbourhood but many are not in great condition. Efforts have been made to refurbish these rooms, which are true to the official photos provided by the website.

Location (a few minutes walk to the Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque) was perfect for me because even when I wasn't touring the nearby mosques, I was walking through the grounds and national park just to get to other areas, including the spice market, Galata Bridge, Beyoglu and ferries to the Asian side (all within walking distance or quick tram ride).

The Premist is owned by a family that owns more than a dozen Istanbul hotels and one of the owners was on site a few times during my stay to ensure that the young staff, all courteous and professional, were giving the best possible service to their guests and, I sensed, because the owner simply loves being part of the hospitality offered at every moment of my stay!

The staff, led by the bright, beautiful and engaging Esin, is first-rate. Props go out to those who made my stay awesome, including Seder, Ramasan (cool dudes!!) and the breakfast host and chef (forgot names!). Also, the other support staff and housekeeping were all great at their jobs (everyday, housekeeping even folded my clothes that i left draped over the sofas!)

The hotel arranged for my private transfer from the airport and welcomed me with a beer and smiles. The restaurant had a first rate breakfast buffet, will prepare any kind of coffee you wish (go with the Turkish, lattes or capps, not the drip) and upon request will prepare made-to-order eggs. The menemen - a Turkish scramble of tomatoes, peppers and eggs is delicious!

The rooms are small but perfectly made up, very elegant with first rate toiletries. I suggest an upgrade to a room with a parlour/ sitting area. High ceilings make even the smaller rooms feel larger and the all-marble showers with antique-fixtures have excellent water pressure and no shortage of hot water!!

The mini bar is stocked with beer, wine soft drinks and snacks but also some room for you to keep your own stuff cold.

(Tip: get an extra room key. Inside the room there is a wall-mounted docking base for the room key and once removed, it turns off lights and AC or heat. It's set up to keep guests from wasting energy but, truthfully, the rooms get cold in the winter months - and I imagine very hot in summer- without even a temperature-controlled, low setting kept on while touring.)

Lastly, I want to thank Esin again, this time for providing her own personal recommendation for a cave hotel in Cappadocia (a hotel she stayed in only a month before my arrival). The Azure Cave Suites in Cappadocia was first class in every way… and affordable!). I stayed at the Azure PRIOR to my stay at The Premist so the Azure Cave Suites "set the bar" very high for the Premist team and the Premist Hotel certainly didn't disappoint!

Bravo!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your precious feedback.

It is a great pleasure for us to know that we were able to provide you a nice stay as Premist family.

St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Loved my two day stay at the Premist hotel in Old Town Istanbul. It was cozy and perfectly located to walk to main sites and lots of restaurants. The staff was so warm, knowledgeable, helpful. You are welcomed with a nice overview of what to do for sightseeing nearby, and there is lots to see, and they offer you right away a refreshment and a bite. I had tea and a delicious slice of cheesecake. I saw another couple enjoy a cold beer and nuts. My room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, but no view at the category I chose. Will consider upgrading next time. The room was so clean, nice water pressure for shower, and an amazingly comfortable bed. You also have a nicely stocked mini-bar and teakettle in the room. The breakfast buffet offers a lot of variety and some items cooked to order. I was served a delicious omelet. And this was a highlight: I was treated to a Turkish coffee as I was reviewing my guidebooks planning for my 1 intense sightseeing day during a business trip. It felt so special served in a lovely cup. I recommend the Premist, and would consider staying here again. Teşekkür ederim, Musi, Serdar, Esin!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
PremistHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premist Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my 3 nights at Premist. The bed was SUPER comfortable, great location and staff, and nice breakfast in the morning. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay in old city!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I have been traveling to Turkey since 1969. We have stayed in many parts of the city and value being in quiet areas away from the touristy streets. The Premist represents the best of everything Istanbul has to offer. It is located behind the walls of Topkapi below the high density tourist area but so close to everything people want to see in Sultanahamet. It is in a building which served as the staff quarters for Topkapi. Because of the govt. requirement to maintain the authenticity of the building it has been tastefully restored however as noted in previous reviews the is no elevator and some of the rooms may be small. We were fortunate in that our room on the 3rd floor faced the inner courtyard so it was very quiet. The staff was gracious, informative and friendly. The breakfast was sumptuous. The perfect place to stay in Istanbul.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure for us to know that we were able to provide you a memorable stay.

All the staff sends their regards.

Best wishes from Premist family.

guestrealtions@premisthotels.com
Varna, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great Hotel, great staff, great location! Everything was great. Especially the staff was very kind and nice they really made our stay perfect. the decoration of the hotel is not only perfect but also was authentic.Also it was interesting for me to see branded toiletries because I wouldn't expect to see Molton Brown toiletries in a boutiqe Hotel. The size of the room was a little bit small but we knew that many hotels have similar size in the area because it's located in an historical district. Also wifi was fast! The breakfast was perfect! Main touristic places in Old City is so close to the Hotel. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time to share your impressions about your accommodation at Premist.

Getting heartfelt supports is the most motivating thing for us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

guestrelations@premisthotels.com

Been to Premist Hotel? Share your experiences!