“Priceless!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 371 shopping in Istanbul
Type: Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tuncer Gift Shop is located in Sultanahmet since 2000s. At the beginning, we started working just on the street and just with one person who is our founder. After a while we expanded our job and we opened first showroom in 2008. When we came to 2012, we have five showrooms in Istanbul and nearly 15 team members.We believe that customers are special; so we made each showroom special by itself. We have two showrooms for ceramics, one shop for special home textile and carpets and one showroom is just for selling jewellery. Our products are also special only for our showrooms and you cannot find the same product in any other shops.
Sydney, Australia
“Priceless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed for eight days in Istanbul in September of 2013 and had plenty time to see everything and do those little extras like have coffee in the Grand Bazaar, two visits to the Hammam and exploring the less touristy aspects of Istanbul. Our Hotel, Sirkeci Konak (fabulous) was next door to Tuncer Gift Shop. We started our relationship with the store, through exchanging pleasantries every morning and over the course of our stay and always enjoyed browsing and chatting with Ali who was outside most times.

At the start of our trip, I said to Ali, I will come and visit your store, before we leave, thinking that I would check out the bazaar and other stores as well to get ideas of price and quality. However I learned throughout my many chats with Ali, that cheap items may have less life and may not be safe to eat from etc. Over the period of our stay, I learned so much from Ali and found the items to be of the best quality and also very reasonable.

On our last day, I left the Hotel early to spend some time in the Tuncer Gift shop, and made my final decisions. On telling Ali, that I wanted to wait for my husband, to show him the purchases, he invited me to a cup of apple tea. Once hubby arrived, Ali and his team wrapped our items with the utmost care for the trip back to Australia. They went above and beyond in their service.

Outcome: All fabulous items made it safely back to Oz, prices were great and quality awesome!

Spending time in Tuncer Gift Shop is great, doing deals on multiple items- excellent, but sipping apple tea with Ali, sitting out the front of the store - Priceless!

Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
“I loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My 3 friends and I were there few days ago, the day we arrived in Istabul
and we went into this shop and fell in with it and also with Canan, the very kind lady in the shop. There were so many beautiful jewelry in very reasonable price and Canan was just so kind enough to answer all these questions from four crazy girls.
After we spent our days in other regions of Turky, we came back to Istanbul to fly back home, we again went back to Tuncer and again spent lot of time and money at this place. We just could resist because all the jewelry was so pretty and affordable!! I gave few of the items
to my mother and friends and they all loved what they received!!
If I visit Instanbul again, i would definitely visit Tuncer and I recommend all the people
who are interested with jewerly to visit here!!

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“an amazing shopping experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great service and very friendly staff! The place was filled with beautiful and unique things to buy.

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
“Nice staff and a wide variety of products”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went there in the evening, after our trip to Grand Bazaar. This place does not have the hard sell you would encounter in the Grand Bazaar. ( We do like the shopping experience in GB btw. ) The staff was nice. When I bought a dozen keychains (1 TL each ), he even threw in an extra one for me. Many shops in Grand Bazaar sell similar ones for 2-4 TL. If you do not like the shopping experience in Grand Bazaar, do come here. I would say the items here are pretty much similar to the ones you can find there.

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“excellent shopping experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The tuncer gift shop is an amazing place.We visited istanbul this year in 2013 in november and I was able to buy a lot of presents for christmas.since I bought many things they gave me a very good price.In my opnion this place was better than shopping in the grand bazzar.Most importantly they do not pressure you to buy and the people who work here are so friendly.They gave my three kids numerous free gifts.canan went out of her way to help me.All of our items arrived in prefect condition.

Visited November 2013