“Hakan and Only Hakan” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 388 Shopping in Istanbul
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to all my friends in Istanbul and across the world as I unveil Imperio Otomano’s first catalog. On this proud occasion, I would like to take the opportunity to thank my loyal customers for their many years of friendship. It is because of you that my reputation continues to be the best in the business
Annandale, Virginia
“Hakan and Only Hakan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I first met Hakan when we were posted to Istanbul for three years back in 1999-2002. Not novices to carpets, we took our time considering which carpets would look best in our home there and also back here in DC. We had plenty of vendors to choose from but in the end, it was only Hakan from whom we purchased. And the reason was simple - Hakan provided us solid, knowledgeable advice and expertise with absolutely no pressure to purchase the carpets we had brought home to try out, often for 4-6 months at a time. His prices were eminently reasonable and we knew we were getting quality, beautiful pieces. And then there is the fact that Hakan is a good guy, fun and who clearly enjoys his job and the people he comes in contact with from around the world. I spent many a Saturday afternoon in his shop, enjoying endless cups of tea, a terrific lunch (Adana kebap a favorite), and watching him sell his wares. Buy a carpet from Hakan - it's the smart choice.

Visited February 2012

• Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hakan Evin provides an excellent rug-buying experience. Having shopped and bargained for rugs around the world and through the Grand Bazaar, I can say that Hakan is the best. Knowledgeable, trustworthy, and fair you can shop with confidence with Hakan and learn a tremendous amount from him.

Visited December 2012
Tokyo, Japan
“The best expereince in the Grand Bazaar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

One of the highlights of our Istanbul trip! We loved our time learning about the different styles and carpets from Hakan - who is extremely charming and charismatic! The kilims that we purchased are gorgeous and unique. I only wish I had gotten more!
Definately a must do on your shopping experience in the Grand Bazaar!

Visited September 2012
Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Experience of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Many people complain that carpet sales men are to pushy and not to be trusted, this is not the case with Hakan Evin, the Imperio Ottomano! Hakan is a trutsed agent recommended by the US Consulate in Istanbul and will sell you a carpet at a fair price that is exactly what he tells you it is. Many vendors overcharge and sell chinese made carpets claiming they are turkish or persian, when they are not. Hakan learned many years ago that his business is only as good as his reputation na ddepends on repeat and referred customers. he also has the largest inventory of carpets in all of Turkey. He will fidn the rug that you are looking for. Shopping with hakan is also an experience you will not forget, whether you buy or not, just enjoy the experience as it is meant to be, Hakan is the most knowledgable carpet vendor I have ever meet, he loves what he does and his charisma fills the room.

Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have visited Hakan on many occasions. His knowledge and enthusiasm about carpets is unbeatable. If anyone visits Istanbul you cannot leave without visiting Hakan.

Visited September 2012