“Friendly and helpful, clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seatanbul Apart Hotel

You added Seatanbul Apart Hotel to your Saves list
Seatanbul Apart Hotel
Cayiroglu Sok. No: 24 | Küçük Aya Sofya /Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #208 of 875 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Friendly and helpful, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a great stay at the Seatanbul Hotel in Sultanahmet. Awesome location, 10 minute walk to the sites and right near the Maramara Sea and the Bosphorus. Samet is the manager there and we really appreciated him taking the time to talk to us about the city and the culture. He even walked us to a cafe with a great view near Topkapi Palace. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. Turkish breakfast is the best! Istanbul is an incredible city and it felt good to be able to come back to somewhere safe and comfortable at night. Thank you guys!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

For the price I was paying I got a lot. Although we needed two single beds which made space limited but it was obvious that they wanted to accommodate our need and the room originally was a Queen bed. The staff are always helpful offering to cater to our needs. Sure, the place is simple and with the original small Turkish showers, but I think they renovated the place to fit sliding doors since we had those as opposed to other reviewers. The Terrace was beautiful, and the family of kittens were a plus to me. Simple amenities were available, except for an iron. No room service but the cleaning lady does a great job every time. Overall I enjoyed the short stay I had, and I hope I made friends for life at that place.

Room Tip: Take the lower floor rooms they are better. The upper floor though have gotten a recent facelift and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

You can't get a better location than this if you are looking to explore the Sultanahmet district (5-10 min walk to Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, etc.). Very clean room with sea view. Friendly and welcoming staff. Great breakfast. Overall, a great place to stay in Istanbul!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It started with a confirmed deposit paid reservation for two nights, I had advised i would be arriving at 8pm. At 6:02 pm an email was sent from Seatanbul saying when will I arrive, I called to say I was in the area and asked directions. I arrived before 8pm. At the Seatanbul Restaurant which looked small but nice, white washed and with a view to the sea. Then the Deceit and lies started. Sorry we do not have a room for you. We will put you in our sister hotel. It is more expensive but we will pay the 30 euro a night difference. No breakfast with sea view in the quaint sea view restaurant, no a concrete courtyard, described as a garden with plastic chairs was on offer. A check of the Gur Web site shows a double room at 40 Euro a night. So I had been blown off to a "sister " hotel at a cheaper rate and a terrible hotel. during the night from either dust or bed mites I started coughing as though I was an asthmatic which I am not. The next morning I left with out sampling the breakfast and found a clean hotel.
All and all a terrible first introduction to Turkish hospitality industry. A broken contract, deceit and Lies.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

i stayed in this hotel with my husband.i payed for 5 days 500 euro and i didn't get what I thought.the room was small,the fridge was not working, ac not working, after i had shower the first day, my husband had to stay 1 hour until the water was hot again, the breakfast very poor.The staff was just one guy very nice and helpful but for the price i would not think it's worth.you may find better places.

• Stayed April 2013
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would like to say that Seatanbul is a perfect choise if you are planning a budget trip to Istanbul! With its location directly in the heart of the City in Sultanahmet (but make sure you check the way to the hotel on the map in advance as there are some confused streets for the first glance), it's always the best to stay "right there" when you have a city-trip!
The staff is extremely friendly (Jilal and Ahmed: Greetings from Moskow and thank you ;), Breakfast is delicious and gives you energy for half a day, and if you don't know how to organise your spare time, just ask at the reception for the best advise!
But! What is the last but, by far the most impresive is the view! What can be better then waking up in the morning with the sun going up from the sea right out of your window?!
Do not hesitate!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We booked this hotel just two days before our trip, which was arranged at the last minute. The hotel was offering an excellent price on special offer. For the price, it was great. Perhaps if we'd paid full price my review would be a little more tempered, because it wasn't perfect, but I was extremely satisfied with the price:value ratio.

First I'll list the good things. The location is excellent, very close to Sultanahmet Camii and other attractions. The staff were very friendly and eager to chat with us. The breakfast was perfectly fine - nothing spectacular but ample food and delivered about 10 minutes after requested. We had a balcony which was pleasant to sit on when the temperature was still 10 degrees (it was December), but which we didn't use after it snowed. The room has a hot water kettle, which we made extensive use of in brewing numerous cups of tea. There is also a refrigerator. The space is well-used, and someone appears to have paid some attention to the decor. There is a small shop which is attached to the hotel where you can buy tea, bottled water and other small things you may need. The hotel staff were also able to arrange an airport shuttle for us. The cleaning lady did a good job on our room and gave us fresh towels daily. The disposable slippers were a nice touch.

Now for the less good aspects of the hotel. To begin with, it is very noisy. Part of this is because of the location, which is next to the train tracks. I think that's the price you pay for a central location, and after three nights we no longer noticed the trains. But it can also be noisy in the hotel. Especially on the weekend, we had difficulty sleeping because of drunk, noisy guests in the hallway. There isn't very good isolation, so both noise and cigarette smoke from the hallway get in the room easily. The shower just occupies a corner of the bathroom, which means that water goes all over when you shower. The room itself is very small, and it feels even smaller when you have to eat your breakfast in it, although I suppose it is a good excuse to have breakfast in bed! Although the decorations seemed to have been chosen with care, a bit less effort was made with the underlying condition of the room: there were water stains in the bathroom walls, the toilet seat was broken, and the pictures on the walls were curling from the damp because there is no fan in the bathroom.

If you are looking for a good price with congenial staff, and aren't too concerned about luxury or quiet, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seatanbul Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!