“Be sure to tour with Tourali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Private Tour Guide Ali Yalniz / Private Day Tours

Private Tour Guide Ali Yalniz / Private Day Tours
Sultanahmet - Divanyolu cad. | Binbirdirek işhanı No:15 Office 113, Istanbul 34153, Turkey
+90 532 427 2244
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 542 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a good tour-guide ? I know..It is as diffucult as finding a good match nowadays!..I am a freelance working, licensed tour-guide with over 25 years experience. As I have studied Christianity, Archaeology, History, Mythology (as well as other related subjects) I can help you understand our diverse history and culture. I enjoy organizing private tours for English speaking visitors to Istanbul and Turkey who are interested in learning about Turkish Culture, trying good Turkish food and looking for reliable places for shopping.My individual approach comes from a keen sense of reality (and humour) and aims to be friendly, informative, and entertaining, with stories and conversation to illustrate the many facets of this richly varied and fascinating country.. As a licensed tour guide and official tour operator I am both giving tour service in person and also organizing all kinds of tours with my team. Please provide us with your travel dates, number of people, cities to be visited and prefered flights. Do you have a required budget, flexible dates/times or any other specific requirements? Let us know if you will need hotel, ground transportation,airport ransfers,layovers, group meals, and any other travel services. We are ready to help you. As soon as we receive a request you will be contacted within 24 hours.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Be sure to tour with Tourali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We hired Ali for our first day in Istanbul on the recommendation of a friend. It was the smartest thing we did. Ali is personable, informative, speaks English beautifully and is a pleasure to be with In fact, we hired him for a second day and saw some areas of Istanbul free of tourists and loaded with locals which added to the experience. We wanted to see Ephesus but hadn't made plans. Ali took care of organizing a day trip for us and put us in touch with an excellent guide.If you don't have a lot of time in Istanbul, hire Ali to take you around and educate you. He is fantastic.

Visited October 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
“My 18 years of recommending Ali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We first met Ali in 1994 when our hotel recommended him. We toured with him for 3 days and became great friends. He is a totally professional, very intelligent, personable guide. I have since recommended him to many friends and travel agents all of whom have raved about him and thanked me for this tip. We returned to Istanbul last week(Nov 2012) and hired Ali again. We had friends with us and he provided the perfect way to make the most of our time. Ali is flexible and wants to tailor the tours to your interests. He has so many contacts and has access to crowded places, etc. His English is excellent which is important to us. He has written several books and has vast knowledge of all things Turkish. We were so glad to have the opportunity to experience Istanbul again and see all the amazing changes with our dear friend Ali--the best guide we ever had.
Joy C.

Visited November 2012
Salina, Kansas, United States
“Getting to Know Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I had no idea what to expect on our first trip to Istanbul. It's an area of the world this couple from Kansas had never previously explored. We were on a private tour with five other Kansas couples and had been given Ali's contact information from friends who had hired him the year before.

What a great trip - made even more exciting by the friendly / professional manner in which Ali took care of us. We saw so much - Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, Hippodrome, Tokapi Palace, Suleymaniye Mosque, dinner on the Bosphrous - to name a few.

We left Turkey with a greater appreciation of this country and with Ali Yalniz as our new friend.

Visited August 2012
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Wonderful experience with Ali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My sister and I visited Istanbul on our own before boarding a cruise. Ali Yalniz had been highly recommended by a friend...and he lived up to the recommendation. He was not only knowlegable about Istanbul but made sure that we were able to do everything we asked of him from seeing the sights and visiting the markets. He even had his driver go out of his way to buy the best Turkish delight while we visited the Spice Market. We felt very safe in his capable hands and had a delightful day...you won't go wrong with Ali

Visited November 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Private day tours w/ Ali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Ali is, quite simply, the best guide we've ever had. Istanbul is a massive, complex and fascinating city. We would have been lost to navigate its history, culture and charms without him at our side. He truly brought the city to life.

Ali also arranged for our tour of Ephesus - it was a smooth journey, a fasinating few days amid the ruins and a wonderful journey.

We are grateful for our time with Ali and recommend him very, very highly.

Gillian & Paul Smith, Toronto, Canada