“A great day with Semih!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 543 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: We are arranging fully customizable private tours in Istanbul to fullfill the requirements of our guests. We are working with only experienced licenced tour guides.
Orange County, CA
“A great day with Semih!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked our trip to Istanbul and knew we wanted to have 1 full day with a local. In discussing our plans with friends, we found out their parents were recently on a 30 day trip in Turkey. They mentioned that they spent 1 day in Istanbul with a fantastic tour guide. Thankfully, they had Semih's business card. I emailed Semih from the USA and he was very responsive and spoke very good English. We discussed our needs and he tailored the day to exactly what we wanted to see. It was great to have him all to ourselves (my husband and I, son, daughter, and her fiance) and go on our own timeframe. He met us at our hotel and was on time. Everything was as described. We had such a fabulous time! Our cousin and his friend were going a few months later and we recommended Semih, and they also had a great time! In fact, they also referred Semih to their friends who were also going to be in Istanbul because they enjoyed his tour so much.

Visited June 2012

• Turkish first
Clarendon, Virginia, United States
“What an experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

my friend recommended ViaTurca,so we booked their classical istanbul tour,everything was well arranged,our guide was ozzy
he was very friendly and kind young man who dedicated himself to his job,we visited so many monuments,in my opinion hagia sophia
is the highlight of the our trip.Ozy really explained well all important facts about the city and monuments,thanks to him we didnt
have to wait on ticket-line for lunch. we went to very nice local restaurant...and had the delicious meal ever

Visited January 2013
Louisville
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour guide in Istanbul!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are from US and stayed in Old town (Sultahmat) for a week. We hired an excellent tour guide for two days. His knowledge was very thorough and as a native of this area he was able to provide answers to our every question. He seemed to have an idea of our travel interests and timed the tour that was well paced. He spoke perfect English as well. The first day was a walking tour and the second was by a very competent van driver! The tour guide's name was Semih. We were referred to him by a mutual friend in the US who also enjoyed Semih's expertise.

“Amazing Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I travelled in Istanbul and throughout Turkey with Oguz as my guide, and had a fantastic time. His English is very good, and he picks up new words quickly. He went out of his way to show me interesting and different parts of Istanbul, and made the overall experience wonderful. Turkey is a beautiful country, and Oz was a brilliant guide to his country.

Berlin, Maryland
“The Wizard of OZ - The man was magical!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When booking a trip, you never know, if you've never been to a place before, if the hotels and tours etc you've picked will be any good. Well we lucked out with Oz. He met us with smile and made us feel like we were meeting a friend in istanbul. He was very knowledgable and had great sense of humour,i highly recommend his services. I felt that Oz was American the way he talked towards us, made me at least feel like I never left home. I reccommend Oz and am looking for a second trip back to see him!!!

Visited November 2012