“Recommended! ” 5 of 5 stars

Taksim Feridiye Cad No: 19/1 Beyoglu, Istanbul 34447, Turkey   |
Ranked #476 of 829 Istanbul B&B and Inns
“Recommended! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Situated at an ideal location - close enough to taxim square and far enough to be safe and quiet, this is an ideal accommodation for the explorer kind of tourist. The staff was very friendly, the Armenian owner made sure we had everything we needed (cheers!), the rooms were clean, cosy, there was a fridge, cooking stove, kettle with tea and coffee bags etc. The area is good, with lots of restaurants and shops around, overall we were very happy with our choice.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This apartment is located pretty close from Taksim Square, although from outside it looks small and a bit dingy, the room itself actually quite homey, equipped with decent bathroom.
One of the advantage staying in this place, they are not particularly strict regarding the policy of bringing visitor into the room, since in some other apartment that my friend stay, he said that he can't even bring his friend into the room.
There is no elevator so if you stay in the top floor, it is quite a hassle to bring your stuff/luggage into your room.
For a budget stay, this place is quite recommended

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Budak Residence is well situated on the edge of Taksim Square about 250 metres from the bus stop for the bus from the airport and easy to find. We had to phone the owner to get in so you need a mobile to book in for the first time. The apartment we had booked was not available so they offered us a double room with a double bed. As I was travelling with my brother we did not wish to share a bed! They gave us another room as well. The bed was clean as was the bathroom but generally it was tatty with uneven floors and dirty carpets, the air con did not work although it was not particularly hot so that wasn't a problem but would be in the summer. There was a kettle but no cups/mugs and a kitchen sink and a fridge in a cupboard. The television remote did not work but I was on holiday not there to watch television. The first night the phone started rining about every 20 minutes and rang for 8 rings before cutting off. By 5am, having had no sleep, I was ready to wrench the phone out of the wall and went down to the reception desk in the hall and took the phone of the hook as it was a fax and was obviously likely to continue for the rest of the night. The following day we spoke to the staff and they switched off the ringer so that the second night was not disturbed. After the second night the owner returned from his trip away and told us we needed to move to the apartment we had originally booked. This took some time as the apartment was not ready at the time we had been told to return to do the changeover. Eventually after some assertive pressure he took us to another buidling round the corner and gave us a very nice apartment with a separate bedroom, sitting room/kitchen with a bed in it and a fully stocked kitchen with a washing machine, television, table and chairs and all very nice, marble floors and work surfaces, clean and tidy and quiet. Had we had this when we arrived I would have given them 5 stars. The wifi worked in both buidlings and we were very happy with the second apartment. The owner did his best to be helpful but it was too little too late for us. I would stay again but only in the second building not the first!

Room Tip: Bbok the other building not the original Budak!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hotel is clean, comfortable, very close to Taksim square where everything happens at night. Walking distance to bus stop, metro and Havatas bus stop (transport from airport). In a quiet street, but close enough to the nightlife. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, with everything you need. It is a budget option, but cant complain about anything. There are a newer part of Budak Residence, which is very nice with better facilities. All apartments have a freezer, coffee making facilities and on suite bathroom. Take note there is no lift though, but a good exercise up the stairs and the staff help to carry luggage to rooms. Supermarket very close bly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was there on 19-Jul.-13 up to 26-Jul.-13, It is very close to the areas of Taksim and Istiklal street less than 3 minutes, also Metro about five minutes and the rooms are air-conditioned, and the service was excellent, So I would recommend it for all the families especially with young children, regardless the cleaning was every tow days,that's all.
Finally, It is a Great hotel for location and the value paid

Room Tip: Is the best reommendations,and you can choose the new building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
goa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I do not think the website or reviews do justice - its not as good as it appears. The rooms are dilapidated, poorly furnished, some with creaking floors, and some not worth one TL! We were offered a room which had a bed and less than one feet on each side so we could barely stand in the room. to top that it had a heating console box like a big washing machine in the room, which looked dangerous. The service was poor, rooms not attended to daily, no change of towels either. The only thing going for it was its location. but i would not choose it for that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Palawan Island, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Budak Residence as the name implies is not a hotel per se, it’s a building with apartment rooms.

Check-in time is 2:00pm, no reception so upon arrival early at 11:00am I have to bide my time taking coffee in Taksim and did some shopping. Almost 1:00pm and I went to the apartment, the main door was closed so I have to call the number provided at my booking and then the friendly Nazik (not sure of the name) came down. But the only room available is not yet made up so I waited for him to clean the room, not his fault, I came an hour early.

Location is perfect, if you like to stay around the vibrant area of Taksim / Istiklal Avenue / Beyoglu, the apartment is in Feridiye Caddesi, a block away from the main highway of Tarlabasi Blv., about 2 minutes walk to Taksim Square and the Havatas airport shuttle station, public bus station and the metro station. A ministore is in the corner, sandwich cafe and bakeshops.

The Room / Apartment – I was given is right on the first floor, good as there’s no elevator and it’s only one flight of stairs. The room measures about 4m X 5m plus the bathroom and a small space for the fridge on the small crevice in the corner. According to my booking, there should be a “private kitchen and dining area”, yes, there’s a table and 2 chairs, sink, fridge, kettle, but without a stove or any cooking stuff as seen on the photos - it isn't a kitchen - maybe in other rooms, not sure. The bed is big, with beige blanket not a duvet, bedside lamp, a very small 15-inch TV the size of a laptop screen with English channels, a cabinet, only 2 yellow bulb lights are working plus a small dim white light on the ceiling on top of the fridge in the corner. I have to pin the curtains together so the neighboring building infront won’t see me in the window. The heater radiator works fine and the aircon too.

There was a used disposable slipper inside the cabinet, must have been from the previous occupant. The room carpet is old and looks dirty so I’ve to buy a flipflop.

The bathroom is spacious with warm showers and half full bottle of shampoo and liquid soap, although the door to the enclosed shower is wobbly, not properly fixed. I have to boil water in the kettle several times before using it as it’s not clean.

On a very positive note, the cleaning staff is friendly and courteous, and the owner - Mr. Aras - was kind enough to keep my backpack for 11 days as I don’t want to bring a lot of stuff traveling to southeastern Turkey before my stay with them. Plus the internet wifi connection works great inside the room.

Changing the carpet (maybe with parquet wood flooring) will make the rooms a lot pleasant.

For EUR33 / night, no breakfast to wake up early to, and no reception means freedom. For the money I paid, friendly owner, not-that-bad facilities, I got what I paid for or maybe more +++ for the great location.

Room Tip: Get lower floor rooms - less stairs, excellent wifi connection.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Budak Residence? Share your experiences!