“Perfect price vs value restaurant in Ortakoy...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #468 of 11,072 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Antalya, Turkey
“Perfect price vs value restaurant in Ortakoy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a group dinner recently and enjoyed every minute of it...One of the best location along Bosphorus...Superb ambiance...Professional service...Good quality of contemporary food, only cold starters were not fresh as expected...Wide variety of wines and spirits...Perfect price value ratio...Will visit again...

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
“Great place to chill out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Our only regret is that we did not discover the house cafe in Ortakoy until our last day. Beautiful setting, wonderful terrace overlooking the sea to enjoy lunch, sundowners or whatever and just watch the hub of activity on the Bosperous. We had a very tasty light lunch, good services and just chilled prior to flying home that evening. I picked up a brochure so I can recommend to friends and noticed there are several around Istanbul which we would certainly have explored based on our experience at this one - if only we'd had more time!

Visited October 2013
“The place I go to every time I am in Istanbul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

That was my fifth time in Istanbul and having discovered it a few years back I return to the House Cafe every time I am back. A combination of the best view, great atmosphere and contemporary European design. Good food, good service. Attracts very diverse and vibrant clientele. Packed in the evening.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A mediocre place highly overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I was convinced to here for lunch by a friend. I have tried it before and found the service very bad but I gave it another try after he said how much their food is great. Well to start with the service was worse than I imagined ... So many staff but totally inefficient and careless piling around to chat with each other. The food was less than ok nothing special at and totally overpriced for the service and food. The only good thing is the location by the water but I will not go back again in Ortakoy all the places has a nice veiw.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Haifa, Israel
“Great but expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

the location is brilliant, think about drinking and eating above the bogaz, bosphorus.
Great view and atmosphere, but very expensive.beer starts from 15Tl, about 7.5 dollars.
But worth to try. Also the area is beautiful and full of restaurants and clubs.

• Visited September 2013