I booked in this hotel for 5 nights as it was the one of the very few available 5 star hotels near CNR EXPO as I had some business to do there. The hotel supposed to be a 5 star hotel, but let me talk about some of the down falls of this 5 star hotel :
1. Bad WI FI in all the hotel, despite repeated complain nothing improvd.
2. Breakfast very limited and repeated choices every morning, except the salad bar was great.
3. Dinner was average for a 5 star hotel, for a 30 Euro charge per person its not worth it, again the salad bar was the of high standard and varity. I had to have my food a cross the street at the StarCity outlet mall.
4. Juices at the restaurant... Oh My God !!! all artificial (similar to Tang).
5. Room service was very slow, on a couple of occassions I came back early 3pm and the room was not cleaned, I was asked to wait for cleaning.
6. Location ! very far from the city and the nearest metro station is 5 Km away. Had to use taxis all the time which was a bit expnesive to go any where.
Overall, I expected more from a 5 start hotel. The only thing which comforts is that the hotel is around 10 Km from the airport.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Istanbul Gonen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.