“Excellent Location and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aren Suites

Save Saved
You added Aren Suites to your Saves list
Aren Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucukayasofya Caddesi Gelinlik Sokak No.13 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #31 of 901 hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My first trip to Istanbul did not disappoint. I booked 2 nights directly with the hotel simply because my 3 other girlfriends, whom I was meeting, told me to book it. I reserved the airport transfer on their site (even though I knew that it would be cheaper by taxi), which the manager promptly confirmed by email, and requested as well for a twin beds setup, which was also promptly confirmed by the manager. I stayed in the room with another friend who arrived earlier.

Upon arrival, I was promptly checked in and brought to my room, which to my surprise was a good size room (my room was the city view double room 301). The beds were very comfortable. Wifi signal was strong and free. The roof terrace has a very nice view of the sea and city, and sunset. This could have been a very lovely place for a bar and music or meals, and we were told that the management is in the process of doing something. At present, you can still enjoy a nice sunset and evening as there are already chairs and tables and drinks upon request. My friends took the quadruple room on the 4th floor and were able to have a sea view. This room is suitable for a family of 4, with enough space for around the room. I also think the only thing missing was a luggage rack for the room.

Throughout our stay, the manager helped us book restaurants, taxis to go around (even though a lot of things are within walking distance), and the staff attended to all our requests promptly. The location is excellent, just steps away from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia and tram stop. The Grand Bazaar and Spice market are also walking distance.

I extended my stay one more night and upon checkout, was given the special offer which was a free 1 way airport transfer (which I had already forgotten that there was such offer). Overall, it was well worth the price for a great location, spacious clean rooms and fantastic staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Järfälla, Stockholms Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great service and a great location!
Good cleaning service, and service from the reception! Good working Wifi
In 5 min walking distance from Blue Mosque, and the Sutan Harem and tram way
In 10 min walking distance from the Baazar

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We spent two nights in Istanbul, and experienced charming Turkish hospitality at the Aren Suites. The manager and staff are warm and friendly, with suggestions for our first visit to Istanbul. Its central location makes it easy to spend the day sightseeing, then returning to the hotel for an afternoon rest. We walked to all the well-known historic sites, and explored the nearby bazaars as well.
We stayed in Room 501 with a sea view. My only suggestion to the management is to provide a luggage rack. Everything was clean and well-presented. Well worth the expense.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Aren Suites is a newly developed, comfortable place to stay which is just a few minutes walk from all the main attractions. What you have to remember in Istanbul is that space is an issue, and most of the hotels are small and compact as compared to many other cities. Similarly, Aren Suites seem to look small from the outside but accommodation wise it serves the purpose very well and is quite spacious.

The room: we stayed in was 35m.sq which is a good size room especially if you are travelling with a family. When we were looking for a hotel, Aren Suites had the biggest room size for the price at the time, hence one of the reasons for us picking this place. There was a good view of the sea and fresh breeze if the balcony door is open.

The area: is lovely and safe. The hotel is quite centrally located and plenty of restaurants around. Also, there are many good restaurants is a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The breakfast: is adequate and will appeal to most. You can also ask for omelettes, fried eggs etc to be made for you on request.

The staff: Is very friendly and helpful. They give you the right advice and will attend to your every need.

The terrace has breath-taking views, having a cup of tea/coffee was always very pleasant. Seagulls roam freely and are quite eager in sharing your biscuits and toast.

The overall experience of this place was great, so I would highly recommend it, especially if you are travelling with family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Karratha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed on off at the Aren Suites for a total of five nights. And we must say what a delightful time it was. The Staff and Management were fantastic, location Magnificent and we could not have wished for a,better place to stay whilst we were in Istanbul. Highly recommend this Boutique Hotel to anyone who is looking for accommodation in Istanbul. Cheers Guys for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at Aren Suites on our first visit to Istanbul. We hope to return to both someday soon. The staff was friendly and very helpful with suggestions for places to see, places to eat and arranging transportation when needed. Our room was fresh and clean and had a beautiful sea view. The rooftop terrace provided endless views and restful times. A wonderful holiday experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
maxwco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My work has taken me all over the world. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels. I can say for certain that.Aren Suites is a great small hotel.

Only 17 rooms,but that has many advantages. The hotel is quiet. The staff is friendly, happy to chat, help with directions and information. The rooms are not huge, but they are certainly adequate. The mattresses are amazingly comfortable. And I doubt you will ever stay in a cleaner hotel, this place is the definition of spotless. As a bonus there is a roof terrace, perfect for early morning or evening nightcap. Up early the first morning because I was jet-lagged, I watched the sun come up over the Bosphorus with a Turkish tea in hand.

You step out of the hotel and you are at the intersection of two one lane streets. There is hardly any traffic, which is almost unbelievable is a city as busy as Istanbul. Turn right, walk three short blocks and you are at the ancient Hippodrome. A few steps more and you are at the Blue Mosque, a bit further is Hagla Sophia and Topkapi Palace just beyond. Even the Metro tram is close by. Hard to have a better location.

I went for 5 nights and ended up staying 11. And I expect to stay there again when I return. Suggest you book early, this place is a gem, and the word is getting out.

Room Tip: Forth and Fifh floors have best views, some of the 3rd floor rooms also see the water.