“So glad I hired their services!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 543 Activities in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Istanbul ! Customized Tours shows you The Eternal City Of Istanbul once known as Constantinople, like no one else. We are based in Istanbul, provides and organizes guided tours and shore excursions of all around city.
Belo Horizonte, MG
26 attraction reviews
“So glad I hired their services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went to Istanbul for a couple of days back in December 2013 with a group of 11 people and we hired the services of Aykut and his team to guide us during our stay in the city.
I believe I couldn't have made a better choice.

Necip was our guide during this period and he was certainly one of the most professional and knowledgeable guides I've ever met during my travels. I don't know the other guides working for this company, but should you get in touch with Aykut to hire a guide or book a tour, I can guarantee you won't regret if you ask for Necip to be your tour leader.

Thanks Aykut / Necip for such a great time in Istanbul, everything was just perfect!

Doha, Qatar
88 attraction reviews
“A Lovely Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We called the day before we wanted to venture out to see if we could get a tour. But we needed to know the price first. It was definitely not a cheap venture, but well worth the sticker price. (320USD for my family of 4). Our tour guide was running a wee bit late due to the overwhelming traffic that is typical in Istanbul, but we apologized and we were on our way. We chose to take the 2 continents tour as we felt that having someone drive us personally to all of the sites was best for us. Our guide Selahattin spoke English very well and gave us a lovely commentary on all of the places he took us, letting us go along at a pace that worked with my 2 young boys (ages 8 and 5). We went to the Dolmabahce Palace, Camlica Hill, a boat tour down the Bosphorus, through the Spice Market, to the Underground mosque and to Taksim Square. (We also had a lunch break.) All of this included the admission prices to the venues as well as private van and driver to pick us up and drop us off at the locations with minimal walking required. Most everything in Istanbul is labeled in Turkish with no subtext in any other languages. If you want to get the most out of seeing the city, I highly recommend taking a tour with this company and getting a large amount of knowledge about the sites as well as all of your questions answered.

fife scotland
6 attraction reviews
“The Best And Only Way To See Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were a party of 5 visiting Istanbul for 5 Nights. We found Aykut's services via Tripadvisor and Can't be happy enough with the service. It was exceptional from pick up at the airport till drop off back at the airport 5 days later. We stayed at The Hilton Istanbul and had a private vehicle pick us up every morning to take us on our tour. Aykut was not personally available for our trip so he provided us with Necip who was excellent. Every thing was booked by email and the tour was very very flexible. We changed tours on the day and never left the hotel on time (our own fault) but Necip accommodated us perfectly. Please if you want to do a proper historic tour of the great city of Istanbul look no further than Aytuk and Necip. They are the best at what they do. Thanks Guys for a memorable visit and hope to see you in Scotland very soon.

Visited November 2013
Dixon, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
“Aykut is a qualified professional and excellent host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

When my wife and I arrived in Istanbul on our cruise ship, we had already had three guided tours at other ports from highly recommended companies. Our first day in Istanbul was just a half-day, and we had several negative experiences with aggressive merchants and con-artists.

So, at the beginning of our full-day tour on day 2, I was skeptical. But Aykut (eye-koot) was the consummate professional ... polite, intelligent, qualified, always alert to the needs of the group and ready to make impromptu changes as needed. I believe he was the best tour guide of our entire 10-day cruise. Throughout the tour, we felt safe, well cared for, and educated by one of the best. (He said he had four years of formal training and many more years of experience.)

Knowing that Topkapi Palace was closed, Aykut improvised and added a boat tour up the Bosporus. Fabulous!

When we went to the Grand Bazaar, he kindly steered us to the Spice Market instead because the merchants are more professional, not so pushy, and no negotiating is needed. He even personally led my wife and I to the section that sells fabrics. We had an excellent experience in the Spice Market and purchased several (non-spice) items at very good prices.

To top it all off, he made sure we had time at the end of our long day to stop at one of the best places for baklava and tea. He even picked up the tab!

We were pleased to give him a good tip. He was worth every Turkish Lira we spent. Aykut turned a negative Istanbul experience into a wonderful memory. I recommend him enthusiastically.

Middletown, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
“OUTSTANDING Tour of Istanbul - Two Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

From my first email contact with Aykut, I was thoroughly impressed with this company. He always responded quickly to my email inquiries and arranged excellent transportation to pick us up from the airport and take us directly to our hotel. The guide was waiting with a sign with our name on it that was very easy to spot and read and he was easy to find. Our first tour was a full day tour of Istanbul on both continents that included a beautiful and historic mosque, the Egyptian market, a cruise of the Bosphorus, a trip to the Asian side with gorgeous views from the highest point in Istanbul, a tour of Dolmabace Palace, and a walk through Taksim Square and area. The second tour we took was the Istanbul Classics tour through the Old City, which included touring Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Roman Cistern, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome site, and Grand Market. Our tour guide on both trips, Selahattin, was who made it so memorable and special for my husband Patrick and me. He was BRILLIANT and had an incredible amount of knowledge about all of the history of what we were seeing. He answered all of our questions and spoke excellent English. He had a great sense of humor and it felt like touring with a good friend. He met us at the front door of our hotel before both tours and always made sure to point out the bathrooms along the way and suggest great spots for lunch both days. We never felt uncomfortable, as he made sure to always take our comfort into consideration. If you take a tour with Mr. Aykut's company, I highly recommend Selahattin - he is a wonderful human being and an amazing tour guide. We learned a huge amount on this trip from him and cannot wait to return to Istanbul again! Thank you to Mr. Aykut for owning such an outstanding company and a special thank you to Selahattin who Patrick and I will never forget.