“Learn the history of Istanbul from the experts” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 380 activities in Istanbul
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome to Istanbul ! Customized Tours shows you The Eternal City Of Istanbul once known as Constantinople, like no one else. We are based in Istanbul, provides and organizes guided tours and shore excursions of all around city.
Toronto, Canada
“Learn the history of Istanbul from the experts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

As part of our trip to Turkey, we spent one day in the historic peninsula of Istanbul, where Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palaca and some other historic monuments stand. Our guide Aykut gave us incredible sense of the history of the city and the amazing structures we visited. He was quick and satisfactory with his answers to our many questions and he really enjoyed what he was doing. It was like spending a day in Istanbul with a friend, who really knows about it.

Visited September 2013

Gulfport, Florida
“Best Tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We recently spent one day in Istanbul, via a cruise ship stop. Hassaan (sp?), our guide met us exactly where he said he would be. He was extremely knowledgeable about this area and passionate. Istanbul is interesting because of it's history and signifigance on religion in the world. Our guide was well educated and informative about both Islam and Christianity. Because there were only two of us with the guide, he was able to maneuver and rearrange our schedule so to avaoid the huge crowds at popular attractions such as the Blue Mosque and te TopKopi palace. i know if I were to return again to Istanbul and couldn't spend time with Hassaan listening and learning and discussing world politics, I would not love the city as much as I did. Highly recommended. (btw...also used this tour company for a tour in Izmir and the guide was just as knowledgeable and informative)...Great company.

Visited September 2013
Ontario
5 attraction reviews
“Two excellent tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arranged a tour of Istanbul and Ephesus and both were top notch. Good drivers and guides, prompt service. Our guide arranged a traditional lunch for our group close to Ephesus and it was excellent, reasonable price and nice cold beer on a hot day!
We were picked up at the port on time and dropped off with time to spare. I can highly recommend and feel free to contact me for more details if you like.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent Private Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We arranged for a 3-day private tour with Istanbul Custom Tours. They worked with us prior to the trip to set an itinerary that covered what we wanted to do/see; then, they asked for our feedback during the 3 days in Istanbul to be certain the tour was to our liking. Each person in the company was very customer oriented. All of their tour arrangements were great, as were the cars and drivers. The first two days covered the most historically important sites. Our guide, Selahattin, was amazingly knowledgeable and his narrative truly enriched our experience. The highlight of the third day was a cruise on the Bosporus, followed by a trip to Orkatoy and the Asian side. After that, we visited Taksim Square and the associated shopping street; the traffic was very bad getting there, so one might want to consider visiting other historical sites as an alternative.

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“Twice is a Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having been to Istanbul in the past I was interested in completing a very specific shopping list in the few hours I had. Aykut felt like a long lost friend as soon as we met. He was able to take me back to places I had visited and stayed 25 years ago providing the history of the changes. What a difference a private tour makes. I am now spoiled for life. Aykut was incredibly dependable in answering emails and knowing what I wanted to do before I even knew it. His sense of humor was a delight. My shopping list was complete when I got on the ship with a renewed desire to return to Turkey again. When I do return without a doubt I will be using Aykut.

Visited June 2013