“Terrific View and Great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hanedan Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Hanedan Hotel
You added Hanedan Hotel to your Saves list
Akbiyik Caddesi. Adliye Sok. No 3, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #134 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
Brisbane Queensland Australia
“Terrific View and Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I can only agree with the comments of Stanbury99 and others. I arrived at Ataturk airport and was greeted by a driver who took me directly to the hotel. I was then greeted by a gentleman at the reception desk who took me to my room, I would like to pay special attention to the housekeeper man who assisted me in calling a tour company that failed to pick me up. He rang on my behalf and help sort the problem out.
Yes I was given the royal treatment with a view of the sea and can only criticize the lack of towel rails to hang wet towels.
The location is very good close to all the restaurants mosques etc. as well close to the trams and the metro. I was able to go back to the airport by tram and then connect with the metro. All in all it only took 45 minutes to arrive at Ataturk airport for about 4 lira...very cheap transport.
The Turkish breakfast was excellent and well laid out.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the top overlooking the sea. Good breeze as well.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great location close to major visitor sites in Istanbul. The view from breakfast terrace is superb and the breakfast excellent with lovely lady (though little English) to assist. The sea view as promised was a bit restricted and lack of towel hangers was a minor issue made up for by all the positives of the Hotel. Staff willing to help in any way.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have often stayed at this hotel over the years. It's convenient, but quiet and comfortable, delivers on its promises, and is not expensive. Quite clean. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I am a history professor from California, taking my first trip to Istanbul. Hanedan--which I knew nothing about except what I learned on the internet--proved to be the perfect choice for my seven nights here. Hanedan is well-located within an easy walk of the major sites (a distinction it shares with dozens of small hotels in the area south of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque); it offers airport pick-up service; it has a wonderfully friendly, knowledgeable, and multi-lingual staff; and it provides a generous and delicious Turkish breakfast (included in the price) served on the roof-top terrace with unobstructed views of the Hagia Sophia on the one side and the Bosporus on the other, The rooms (I experienced two of them over the course of my stay) are immaculate and well equipped not only with comfortable beds (I slept like a baby) but desks and nightstands with plenty of drawers, and a free-standing wardrobe. The water in the shower was always hot and fresh towels and soap appeared every day. The only sound I heard at night were the muezzins of the nearby mosques. I am writing this on my last day, having just had my last Hanedan breakfast. I will miss this place and will be certain to stay here the next time.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. There is no elevator, so if you don't want to climb as many stairs, you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Paarl, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The location of this hotel is great - the major tourist attractions and public transport are walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is also just around the corner of a busy street with lots of restaurants to choose from.

The décor of the hotel itself is not high-end, but for the price the rooms are very clean and has all the necessities. As with most of the European cities, the staircases are steep and may be a problem for the less mobile. Breakfast is served on the terrace with amazing views (360deg). The breakfasts were more than sufficient for our group - although the same every day, this did not bother us at all as the selection was great.

The staff was very helpful but the language barrier can be a problem at times. We stayed for 5 nights at the start of our trip and booked a single night to catch our flight the next day after travelling further on in Turkey. They missed this booking and overbooked the hotel on this last day (after confirming the booking on arrival). We were placed in another hotel which was not of the same standard. The one room was a staff room and very dirty etc. They allowed us to eat breakfast the next day at Hanedan after we requested it as the breakfast served at the other hotel was inedible. The was a disappointing end to an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Experienced 2 types of rooms in Hanedan because they had to moved us; the double room that we initially booked, and then the family room. Loved the later sooo much! Spacious ( comes in 2 separate bedrooms) and superb view from our corner windows facing directly the Bosphorus.

Receptionists are the friendliest and most welcoming people I've ever met. They go far and beyond to assist you. Just mentioned it and they will provide help anytime. The same goes for the room cleaner and the breakfast lady, they both speak very little english but were very nice.

Booking was also easy, price are wonderful considering the location, merely 5 minutes walking to Sultanahmet Square, where everything to see and experienced are located. Check in, they already know who I am before I even present my passport to them :)

The only downside is the quality of bed. I think its just being old, firmness is an issue, well at least for me, and it clearly shows. Oh, and also no elevator :(

But, its really nothing compare to the other good things this hotel can offer.

Most loved experiences in Hanedan would be the view from our room window, and breakfast with a view! Loved to go back there one day. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have stayed here for a nights.
The staff is always smiling and so helpful.

The room is clean.
I can use wifi and hot water too.

The view from terrace is so nice.
I spent happy time in this hotel.

If I can go to Istanbul again, I would stay this hotel.
I realy appreciate with them.

こちらで1泊しました。
3連泊したい旨を伝えると、予約でいっぱいだったため、系列店である真向かいにあるペニンシュラを紹介され、そちらで2泊しました。
単純に部屋のキレイさなどで比較するとペニンシュラの方がいいホテルではありましたが、スタッフのホスピタリティではこちらの方が好みでした。

バスルームもちゃんと清潔にされていましたし、しっかりとお湯も使えました。タオルは毎日変えてくれました。アメニティとしては石鹸だけだったのでシャンプーや歯ブラシ等は持参した方が良いです。

一人での利用でしたが、ダブルベットの部屋で(たぶんダブルベットの部屋しかない)追加料金などは特にとられませんでした。

朝食は無料で用意されており、食堂で8時~11時まで自由に食べることができます。内容はパンとチーズ、野菜、フルーツ、シリアル、ジャムやデザート、飲み物も用意されており満足のいく朝食をとることができます。テラス席からの眺めも非常に良く天気のいい日はテラスでのんびりと過ごせます。

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hanedan Hotel? Share your experiences!