“First Time in Istanbul, Very Good Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zeugma Hotel

You added Zeugma Hotel to your Saves list
Zeugma Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No 35, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #264 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“First Time in Istanbul, Very Good Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Originally booked for 3 nights, but we like our stay very much that we decided to stay additional two nights at this hotel. The free airport pick up provided by this hotel was on time. The location is very convenient to major sights in Istanbul. The two hotel staff my wife and I met, Mahir and Matt and the hotel manager Mel, who is the son of the hotel owner, are very friendly yet very professional, courteous, and very helpful, I can not say enough good words for them. I hope Mahir and Matt finish their university studies, become professional and be successful in their life and community. There is no problem with hot water and internet connection is good, breakfast was also good. Staying in a small family owned hotel is much more memorable than staying in big named chain hotel. I plan to return to Istanbul in a couple of years and see the interior of Turkey, I definitely will stay to this same hotel and recommend this hotel to people I know traveling to Istanbul.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 104, Nov 2012 is a little chilly outside but I sometimes turn off the heater or se...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Zeugma, Manager at Zeugma Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Valued Guest,

Given that there are so many beautifull hotels in Istanbul, I appreciate you for choosing our hotel as a home for your trip to Istanbul. Reading such a wonderful report of our service and facilities is a real pleasure. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel and I hope you'll join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

All the best wishes for you and your family
Gn.Mng
ZEUGMA HOTEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I had a marvelous stay at the Zeugma Hotel from November 16 - 21, 2012. We appreciated the thoughtful and helpful hotel staff. Upon our arrival the desk manager sat down with us and pointed out sights and places on the map of Istanbul and marked hours, which days the sights were open and closed, and costs. That map was very helpful to us throughout our stay. The first night we had an uncomfortable mattress and when we mentioned it at the desk the next morning we immediately got a change of mattress and slept in comfort the rest of our stay. The breakfast was ample and had variety to satisfy us. We were very happy that the hotel was within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. We could see the minarets of the Hajia Sofia and the Blue Mosque from the breakfast terrace. The tram is closeby and enabled us to easily reach the New District and enjoy that neighborhood. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends and if we are so lucky to visit Istanbul in the future, we'll definitely stay at the Zeugma Hotel again.

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your in-depth review of the Zeugma Hotel. Reading such a wonderful report of our service and facilities is a real pleasure. Our team strive to deliver the highest levels of personal service and everyone in the team, including the management, like to engage with our guests at every opportunity. I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay at Zeugma Hotel. In fact our aim is to make you feel at home.

Warm Regards
Gn.Mng
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very nice staff (an neighbors), convenient prices and at walking distance from all the main historic sites. Very hot shower, clean bathroom/room but with an unswept floor! ;-) Would definitely get back here anyway, excellent quality/price offer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great comment about our hotel. Reading such a wonderful report of our service and facilities is a real pleasure. Our team strive to deliver the highest levels of personal service and everyone in the team, including the management, like to engage with our guests at every opportunity. I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay at Zeugma Hotel. In fact our aim is to make you feel at home. I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Best Regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. First of all, I would like to thank all the staffs of Zeugma hotel. They were so helpful and gentle.. The room was clean and cute. Wi-fi is very good! Breakfast also very delicious and fresh. Great location. Blue mosque, hagia sophia and topkapi palace is just 5-6 mins walking distance. When I come back to Istambul, I'll definetely come again at this hotel. I recommend to my friends too. I love this city Istambul. Tesekur ederim.

Room Tip: We stayed 204. this room was twin. back side of the hotel. quiet, clean and comfortable. There was n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The staff were extremely helpful and made a genuine effort to resolve a booking mix up, which spoiled our stay. The staff day/night porters did everything they could. Our problem was that the write up didn't match up to the reality of the stay. The staff resolved our problems with the differences of the write up to the reality but we paid 50 euros more to have what we believed we had booked for a lesser price. It is so sad that this hotel had to have a lesser grade for the various booking agents that got involved and added to our frustration and stress of not even knowing if we had a hotel when we arrived late at night in Istanbul. I feel it should be the 2 booking agents who should have a zero for customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_Zeugma, Manager at Zeugma Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. Firstly, our hotel name is Zeugma Hotel. not Zeugmar. As you know, didn't have any problem with your reservation. Your reservation was std.double room for twin beds. But you told us via email that you want to room suite room seaview with same price! And then we answered that "If you want to stay our suite room, you need to extra pay" as normal. Because you saw that when booking the prices are different. And then you changed your mind and you wanted to stay in our dbl.room with balcony. And then we said that again "If you want to stay our dbl room with balcony, you need to extra pay"

So, We told them in before you came to our hotel. Finally you accepted to stay room with balcony! When you come to our hotel, We have given you the widest our room with balcony. So, please don't make the wrong comment! I can prove all of them. and you? Because I didn't delete your e-mails. You wrote different things about customer service and location. All of rooms was cleaned everyday. The breakfast was prepared with fresh and rich varieties. Our team has helped to ask you all. and gave the most useful information. Dozens of people can not be lying, right? Also, We was spoon gift ottoman style. Even, do you remember since you couldn't do call from your phone, I gave to my private cell phone to you 4 times. it's not problem for me. But we believe that we have the best service to all of our guest. For location, as you know we cannot change our location. You can reach by walking (4-5 mins) distance to main sites. (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, etc) We don't know a better location.

Anyway, we don't know what's your aim but we'll continue to provide the best service.
Thank you!
Totowa, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel was quaint and comfortable. Room was quiet, modern, and had a great view of the Bosphorus. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was very helpful. But, above all, hotel location was outstanding - near all major sights and on a great street full of restaurants. We highly recommend this hotel and plan to go back soon. Istanbul is a great city.

Room Tip: Room 301 was great and it was facing the back of the hotel with a pretty view of the Bosphorus. Even...
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comment about our hotel. You made us very happy this feedback. I am very happy to read that you had such a great time with us during your stay to Istanbul. In fact our aim is to make you feel at home. Our individually styled rooms and dedication to service excellence are our biggest attraction and highlights of the Zeugma Hotel. I am delighted at your recommendation to other travellers and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We always want to offer the best quality and service. Please consider us for your next trip in Istanbul, We will be glad to accommodate you at our hotel in the future.

Best Regards
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited Istanbul in August and October with my two little children age 5 and 7yr old. We absolutely loved Zeugma for the great service and care. The Hotel location is excellent you can walk to every major landmark, also convinient to get transport and is not too noisy considering the street has many lovely restaurants. Hotel is clean with character and Wi-Fi available. We used the shuttle transfer, great service again, excellent for a big, busy city like Istanbul. Breakfast is provided on the top terrace, modest but again with a great service. Also Zeugma response by email immediately if you need to change anything in your travel plans.
We would most deffinetly be back in Zeugma. We loved the hotel, the food and the kind turkish people. Thank you Zeugma for making our stay so special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your in-depth review of The Zeugma Hotel. Reading such a wonderful report of our service and facilities is a real pleasure. Our team strive to deliver the highest levels of personal service and everyone in the team, including the management, like to engage with our guests at every opportunity. I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback regarding your stay at Zeugma Hotel. In fact our aim is to make you feel at home. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel and I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Kindest Regards
ZEUGMA HOTEL

Been to Zeugma Hotel? Share your experiences!