“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #185 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

4 of us attended a wedding in Istanbul and most of the out of town guests stayed at taxim suites, around 20 of us. Our room(avenue suite) wasn't ready for us when we checked in at around 3 am, so they gave us 2 rooms, the Miyako and park suite. They were so accommodating that it could have been normal business hours by anyone's standards. I don't need to post any pics because the rooms are exactly as shown on their site. They moved us into the avenue suite the next day, and we had no problems with 4 of us in the suite for 9 nights.
The location is awesome and although Faros restaurant is super, there is a fantastic home style Turkish restaurant across the street with eat in or take away for a real authentic Turkish meal. I accidentally forgot my jacket there and Teoman from the front desk ran across the street and retrieved it for me. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Our friend had the best wedding that I could have ever imagined!

• Stayed May 2012
arman t, Ast. Manager at Taxim Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us during your recent visit to İstanbul and for your thoughtful review.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to find that you were satisfied with our hospitality.

I would like to thank you once again, and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again with us in the near future.

With warmest regards

Ast. Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

If you want to stay in the Taxim Square area and avoid the noice, Taxim Suites is a great choice. Beautifully decorated in a modern japanese style, our Miyako Suite was spacious and cosy with full amenities and free wifi, just the apartment I'd wish to have back home! The staff was very friendly and helpful, ready to answer any questions, make reservations for us etc. No need to upload any photos cause it is exactly as shown on the website. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your time and review about our property.

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Your Sincerely

Ast. Manager
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Overall, 5 stars hotel service, spacious & comfortable suites, in fantastic location at reasonable prices. What else can one ask for?

Excellent location close to Istiklal street with many shops, close to many clubs and restaurants. Everything one needs is within walking distance.

We were greeted by Teamon at the reception. He made us feel at home given his warm reception and temperament. Our luggage was swiftly taken to our room by a friendly man who demonstrated to us how to use the satellite TV, DVD player, Stereo system, and other amenities in the room.

When we called the next day to report our inability to operate the satellite, within couple of minutes a gentleman came to our room to fix the problem. When we had an issue with opening our safe, again Teamon came to rescue within couple of minutes.

We had booked the Miyako suite but due to mix up with the internet booking they up graded us to the Avenue suite (a larger suite). The suite looked exactly as presented at the taximsuites.com. We found the place well kept and clean.

The breakfast at Faros is adequate and delicious. We liked the fresh fruits and variety of cheeses. Their omelet (paid extra) was really delicious. Ahmet is an essential part of the Faros restaurant as he speaks English and has a can-do attitude no matter what we asked of him to do. They have extensive variety of foods on their menu. When we used their menu for lunch and dinner, we found the presentation of the dishes delightful, the quality of the cuisine excellent and the food very tasty.

The check out was efficient and fast. Up on our departure, they suggested that we take the shuttle to airport which was a great suggestion due to its convenience and speed at only 10 TL per person. One staff guided us and carried our luggage to the bus station.

We stayed in Avenue suite 202. At times we felt an odor/smell in the bathroom but it is apparently due to skeptic well commonly used in Istanbul. It was not too bad but that is one improvement we could think of. The second comment we have is regarding the in-room safe. In our opinion, safe needs to be bolted down into floor to ensure higher safety. Having said that, these minor points could readily be over-looked given the exceptional level of service and all other unique features about this boutique hotel in the heart of Istanbul. We would recommend this hotel to our friends without any reservation and look forward to our next stay at Taxim Suites in Istanbul.

Room Tip: We stayed in Avenue Suite but for our next trip, we plan to book the Bosphorus penthouse as it has a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Beranoosh

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Taxim Suites Istanbul

We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the hotel and our services, rest assured that your comments will be shared among our whole team with pride.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at Taxim Suites Istanbul.

With Warmest Regards.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Wonderful business stay with all the conveniences of fully equipped apartment. I will be returning in the spring with my wife. The location is excellent , staff is very helpful, and the layout of the flat was very chic. Istanbul is a phenomenal place to visit. - very romantic!!!!

Room Tip: higher the better for panoramic view of incredible city
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Great Aparthotel, I had a Mikado suite and the suite was exactly like the pictures on the website. Free Wifi throughout the hotel. The location is on a main road 100 meters from Taxim square which is busy all night long but because the bedroom was divided from the rest of the apartment, I did not have any excess noise. I had a kitchenette but not inclined to use it as a great variety of restaurants nearby although the fridge was handy. Staff were all very friendly. Hotel very clean.

Breakfast was very good, served in the restaurant downstairs (which I think was called Faros?) This restaurant is also very good for lunch / evening meals, and you get 10% discount for staying at Taxim Suite Hotel.

It's a short walk to Taxim square, Besiktas football stadium, and the boats across to Asia.

Best advice I can give, when you arrive at either Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen airports, there is a shuttle bus to Taxim square that is right outside Airport arrivals, cost me 12 Turkish Lira from Sabiha (around £4) and the taxim square stop is 50 meters from apartment. The return goes from the same place every half hour and takes between 1 hr and 1 hr and a half to get to Sabiha Gokcen. I also had a taxi do the same journey for 120 TL (around £40) and did not feel as safe.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Bromley, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I spent 4 nights in Istanbul on holiday last week at this aparthotel and had a great time. As another reviewer said the only difficulty was leaving the apartment each day!

I had a 5th floor Miyako suite and really liked the layout and practicality of the fittings. The spa bath was a strong pulse and very nice on aching soles after a day pounding the pavement.

The bed is really comfortable, the wake up alarm on time and nicely spoken.

The staff really try hard to make sure you are happy. The aircon was operating but not cooling the room when I moved in, and they sent a technician in within 30 mins (it was after 9pm) and it was working by 10pm. I really am impressed by this approach.

The breakfast was in the Faros restaurant downstairs, and was a hot and cold buffet with serve yourself filter coffee included. Excellent fruit and cheese, meat and pastries offered. I didnt eat for hours afterwards. It is available from 7.30 to 11am. Incidentally they offer the Turkish breakfast at a cost of 17TL on their menu, so it is always refreshed and looking good.

I can find nothing lacking, the location is superb the staff are helpful, and the accommodation excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have less traffic noise, and you see the treetops.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Prendergast,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear that you find our hotel amazing, that is what we aim for!

I will look forward to hear from you and hope to also see you back with us soon again.
Once again thank you for the positive comments!

Sincerely

Malden, NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip in June 2011 for 6 days. This is an all aparthotel with about 25 apartments I guess. For the price of a 3 star hotel you have a five star apartment!! And a lot more space. I felt very much at home after a long working day.
Just look at their excellent website, which shows you exactly how it is. They show a floor plan of each apartment type.

The apartments are spacious (living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom) and nicely modern decorated, a bit Scandinavian style I would say. Free Wifi that worked fine and a good desk to work. I stayed in an Avenue apartment at the 6th floor. I even had a view on the Bosporus! I also saw a Park apartment as a friend of us stayed there and this was also very good.

The hotel is located at a very busy road, but this didn’t bother me (it is busy everywhere in Istanbul). The location is perfect: close to the Taxim Square and a 10 minutes’ walk to the Convention centre. Lots and lots of restaurants in the neighborhood. Be sure that you have the address with you as our taxi driver didn’t know it when we came from the airport, and although there is a sign on the roof of the hotel, the entrance is difficult to recognize.

The hotel desk is manned 24 hours a day and the staff were always friendly. Breakfast was included in our apartment price and was served in the restaurant next door (with a very nice terrace for the morning coffee).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Taxim Suites? Share your experiences!