“Disappointing!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Cartoon Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Cartoon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tarlabasi Bulvari No.36-38 | Taksim, Istanbul 80080, Turkey   |
Ranked #663 of 917 hotels in Istanbul
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

-AC was hot! Outside tempreture @night was better than the room, even a fan was not provided upon request!
-Bed sheets are not very clean! We booked a triple room, the sofa was converted to bed however u could feel the metal when u sleep on it! They did not place a proper matress
-Bathrooms smell weird even when not used!
-no iron provided upon request!
-limited/repeated food items for breakfast

Overall, I'd rate the hotel as 2 stars, I will never stay here again nor recommend it 2others!

• Stayed April 2013

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at cartoon hotel, the hotel is clean with good breakfast and cheap price.
Rooms are clean and the hotel is near istiklal street and taksim square
However there are bars and clubs everywhere so u cant sleep on saturday nights because of the very annoying music

• Stayed February 2013
Athens
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the Cartoon Hotel for three nights at a superior double room (separate building, at a very small street just behind the main hotel) which was very very spacious and clean with all amenities - though the style was a bit too classic and heavy for my taste. Good variety at brekfast. The location is the main asset of this hotel, just 2 mins away from the busy Taksim square.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cartoon hotel has an ideal location - right next to Taksim square and Istiklal. So very very convenient.

Otherwise, it has small rooms, but all amenities present. Some rooms are noisy, especially if you are close to or facing the road.

Good value for money compared to other hotels in the same location.

Room Tip: Away from the road...higher up...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Ive been to Istanbul twice in my lifetime and the two years I chose to stay at Cartoon. It is of ideal location, being a 2 minute walk from taxim square. The staff speaks english and comprehends minimal arabic. If I decide to visit turkey again, this hotel will definitely be my temporary home a thrid time!

• Stayed July 2012
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

With a great location in Taksim square and friendly reception, Cartoon is the best economy hotel I have ever been in.
The hotel is near bus and metro stations, and it is only 2 minute walk to Istiklal Caddesi, the most famous road in Istanbul, with lots of attractions and shops.

In comparison to Antalia hotels, like many other hotels in Istanbul, Cartoon provide less services and is not luxurious. The rooms and lobby are small, but the atmosphere is excellent. The reception is polite and help me in finding any places I wanted to visit; moreover, they helped me to find the cheapest way to go!

The most advantages of this restaurant is its breakfast table! you can find almost every delicious food on the table. Don't miss olive and fig!
I heard that the hotel has a good Argentinian Restaurant, but I didn't try it.

Room Tip: 1- The hotel has free WIFI with good speed. 2- The hotel is at Taksim square, so chose your room at...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Sadly after checking the reviews I decided to stay there for 3 nights, and I booked there. First of all there are lots of constructions going there all around the hotel, which makes it very difficult to go anywhere or even enjoy any view.
The rooms are extremley small, the bathrooms aren't that clean, and also very small.
I got locked inside the bathroom, and after a couple of minutes with the help of somebody outside I managed to get out, and then when I got out I closed it and it was locked again. I called the reception and the man who talked to me tried to convince me that I'm the cause of the problem that I'm using the bathroom lock as it's somehow should be a decoration not for use. The conversation took half an hour as I wanted to leave the room, and he didn't want to or maybe he didn't have any empty rooms, so I left the hotel exactly after one night.
The day of my departure they were cleaning the lobby, and the cleaning lady came to us while we were sitting waiting for our car to come, and waved to us to left up our legs so she can clean underneath the couch we were sitting on.
Maybe I'm unlucky in this day, but really this is the last time I would ever think of going to this hotel again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Cartoon Hotel? Share your experiences!