I stayed in may 2012 , and found that sites like expedia have mentioned them as 5 star ....its not true.
1) free internet.
2) free breakfast ( which is average....and same stuff repeated daily)
3) close to most location from the city
1) AC were turned off in may , and they had asked to open windows since outside temperature is cooler...I was zapped to hear from a rated hotels by others, and I had infant in the room which I was concerned for safety. also for 2 days they would act and say oh we will send techinician to the room to check( as if we are fools to know that its central air.)
2) they charged for extra bed but no bed was provided for infant .
3) showers have slight mold, and are old and torned look. and room service was extremely poor.
4) hotel was dirty and carpets had dust.
6) not kid friendly ....or ADA accessable.
7) Staff and management speaks little or no english, hard to communicate.
8) they will never care for bad review and thats how they are.
Don't waste money staying here ( unless its free)
Had bad experience with expectation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Akgün Istanbul Hotel, surrounded by city walls in the old center of Istanbul is near the historic Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia Museum, Blue Mosque, Kariye Museum, the legendary Grand Bazaar, 5 km from Taksim Square, 10 km to Ataturk Airport and many other magnificent mosques, monuments and museums all within 2-3 km. The underground Metro station and bus stops are within walking distance (30 meters). Ataturk Airport, World Trade Center (CNR) and the Forum shopping center can be reached by using the light rail line which passes in front of our hotel.Akgün Istanbul Hotel boasts 263 deluxe rooms with Jalousie bathrooms (6 Connected rooms), 2 deluxe rooms for the disabled, 10 junior suites and 1 Presidential suite resulting in a total of 276 rooms consisting of 550 bed capacity. Akgün Istanbul Hotel provides a variety of services including restaurants, bars, sauna, Turkish bath, Finnish bath(steam bath), gym, spa, massage center, 24/7 room service, business center, fax, printer, indoor-outdoor parking, valet service, baby care, outdoor pool, male/female hairdresser, photo lab and drugstore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Akgun Istanbul Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akgun Hotel Istanbul