“Lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ilkay

You added Hotel Ilkay to your Saves list
Hotel Ilkay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hudavendigar Street No: 44-46 | Eminonu, Istanbul 34210 , Turkey   |
Ranked #144 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed only for three nights but was very pleased. The location is excellent, very close to sultanahmet area as well as the bazaar and the tram stop is just two minutes walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is also a Gulluoglu shop just across the street for baklava lovers like myself. I would definately go back. Thank you ilkay for the lovely stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Our dear guest;

On behalf of Ilkay Hotel, I would like to thank you for your kind review about our hotel. It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Reading your sincere comments motivate us more than anything. We appreciate it.

if you need anything from Istanbul or Ilkay hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear from you and see you again.

Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sturgeon County, Ab. Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is very very clean. The staff are not just friendly, they are very caring and accommodating. This is not a 5 star hotel, but the staff act like it is. You are made to feel like they want you there. The location is perfect to all the historical sites, you can walk which is a good thing after eating that good Turkish food. The room we had was spacious and clean. It has the basic amenities. A little noisy with the tram in the early evening but other than that everything is very good with this hotel.

Room Tip: If they are not full, try to get the room away from the street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I decided about this hotel based on location, price and reviews. So I thought it would be ok, but turned out to be much more than that. Lets make a list:
- room was very clean and confortable. You are welcomed by a lovely letter from the guest relations, Ramazan Ovali, saying you can count on him for anything, and he is responsible for your smiles during your stay!
- there's a discount for paying cash on arrival, but Ramazan offered me to go to the room first, have a rest, and then come down to pay. We always come very tired for the long traveling so that was also very nice.
- there is a tea machine in the room. Ive being to some more elegant hotel that didnt have that.
- there are 2 bottles of water in the room. Ive being to another hotel in Istanbul (more expensive) that didnt have that. Very nice!
- the air conditioning was very silent. Also, I didnt hear any noise from the street during the night, nor was waken up by calling for prayer, so it was perfect.
- the hotel helped me in getting tickets to Topkapi palace and the haman. My card was not working in internet, so Ramazan used his OWN card to buy the ticket and I paid him cash. No other hotel would do that for me.
- The hotel has the Istabul card for a cost of some lira. After you use the card, you can get those lira back by returning the card to the hotel. Well, they just gave me the card with no charge trusting that I would remember to give it back (which of course I did)
- Ramazan invited me to a walking tour with guests from another hotel of the group, which he would be the guide. That tour was meant just for the guests of the other hotel, so he was very kind to invite me.
- They offered me tea several times at the reception.
- The pub next door belongs to the hotel and has a great atmosphere. Reccomend the salad with goat cheese, wonderful.
For all the kindness of the staff and quality of the hotel, this was probably on of the best hotels I've ever been to.

Room Tip: My room was not facing the street and I think it was in the new area. Very nice room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was by far an excellent location, right within walking distance of Topkapi, Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, the Bosphorus boats, the grand bazar. This is a good 3 star, we were b&b and it was fine, not a lot of choice but could get by. Tip: Take your own tea bags, they did not have any. Only turkish tea and coffee.
Room was basic wasnt happy with first so moved to another. Its more of an upmarket b&b than a hotel. Not very big either. But right outside a tram stop.
We came to Sabiha Gucken airport took a bus to istanbul city about 45 mins then got on the metro or tram system to this stop, was fairly easy to figure out. Lots of places to eat nearby and you always have good old mcdonalds if all else fails but turkish food is nice. January is cold in Istanbul!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our family of 7 and a baby stayed in Ilkay last week. The staff was very helpful and responsive to every question and request we had. The hotel is family friendly and the location is great - all sights are nearby. Breakfast buffet is the best experience. I loved it!

Room Tip: Choose a room in new part of the building
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed for five nights with my Girlfriend this September and have nothing but praise for this
Hotel. Okay first up this not five star luxury, but folks this is a three star hotel and a very good
one at that. The rooms are not massive but more than suffice. The staff are incredibly helpful
and friendly with all the information and advice that you may require. The position in the old
part of the city is fantastic with a two minute walk to the Bosphourus river or spice bazaar or
a five minute walk to the Aya Sofya or the Blue Mosque. I am still missing their wonderful break
fast buffet a great way to start the day. Would assuredly stay there again in the wonderfully
friendly district of Eminonu

Room Tip: People on this site mention that upper rooms are quieter, but we stayed in Room 204 (2nd floor) faci...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is basic and whilst not fitted with modern style furniture in rooms, the excellent wifi and satellite tv along with high cleanliness standards make this value for money.
The location is fantastic for tourists and the key sites of the old city are all within walking distance. The palace and two main mosques are within ten minutes walk. There are tourist shops and restaurants close by all offering good value for money food. Transfer by taxi from ataturk airport was around £15-20 each way. Would stay again for location.

• Stayed September 2013
Our dear guest;

On behalf of Ilkay Hotel, I would like to thank you for your kind review about our hotel. It is nice to hear you have enjoyed your travel in Istanbul.

Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel

Been to Hotel Ilkay? Share your experiences!