“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Erboy Hotel

You added Erboy Hotel to your Saves list
Erboy Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ebusuud Street 18 Sirkeci, Eminonu Fatih, Istanbul 34210, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #69 of 937 Hotels in Istanbul
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Dear travelers,

Just came back from Istanbul, where I was with my mom, from 15th to 19th February.
We visited Istanbul for shopping, hammam, nice food and relax.
So I pick hotel with good and safe location.With 10 min walk to everything...

If you want,nice small and clean hotel, Erboy is hotel for you.
It is not 5 star deluxe, but you will steel feel save, eat nice food and sleep good in clean room.
Hotel also offers free Wifi in rooms and two computers in lobby.
Personal is friendly and helpfull.

Next year I will be there again, not just because of this hotel, but people in Turkey are allways really friendly and food is nice, shopping is the best...I like Istanbul more than Bodrum, Alanya, Side or Antalya.

Best regards from Ljubljana

Room Tip: Send email to hotel and pick smoking or no smoking room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Beograd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We have spent unforgettable four days extended weekend from 09 Feb to 12 Feb 2012 in Erboy Hotel. The choise of the hotel was rendom as we were looking to be accommodated in old part of the city.
Our first and all other impessions were great. Extraordinary kind and pleasent staff on reception, clean, quiet and large room (2403),delicious breakfast in nice ambient with staff every minute on your service. Whatever we have asked we have received correct information or service.
Finaly, many thanks to hotel staff and management and we wish you to continue to do your bussines in this way. I will recomend to my friends and colleges to have expirence with your hotel as I have had.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ford, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I was returning from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and wanted several days of Istanbul relaxation to combat jet lag before returning home to the US. I had done this seven years ago on my last trip to Central Asia, so a return to the Erboy was a return "home."
I am delighted to say that the hotel was even better than I remembered. The location is perfect, located in the heart of the historic Sircecki district. The breakfast is simply wonderful--expansive, varied, and graced with many local delights. The room itself is very comfortable, updated and upgraded from my last visit, with water pressure in the shower that is like an automotive "power wash." This is an excellent place to stay while visiting Istanbul--a city imbued with charm and exoticism of Asia but the comforts of Europe.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a balcony and a street side view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Great friendly staff nothing was to much trouble for them, good safe location, 2 mins walk to tram stop, 10 mins walk to the mosque's and bazaar, sports bar 2 mins walk at the end of the street, restaurants and bars next street down, rooms are clean and tidy and breakfast had a good choice. If I'm ever in Istanbul again I know where I will be staying

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Olafsfjordur, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was travelling alone and arrived late at night. Beforehand I had contacted the hotel that arranged transport from the airport and pay at the hotel. When I arrived I got the warmest welcome and information on what I could do based on what I wanted to do. The room was great and I felt comfortable at once. It isn't always relaxing travelling alone a middle age woman from far away culture but at Erboy I felt welcomed and relaxed.

The location is absolutely fantastic for a tourist, I could walk to Haga Sofia and Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue mosque) the Bazaar, Istanbul Museum of Modern Art, I could enjoy the vibrant culture of Istanbul where so many worlds join each other and make exciting harmony.

They had excellent service to get tickets and gave good information that I could rely on. And when tired after a long day of walking there is a gourmet restaurant at the ground floor Paşazade Restaurant that gives you 10% discount if you are a guest. I highly recommend it.

My travel agency had recommended that I should book a hotel room in one of the world chain hotels as I wouldn't know how a local hotel would be. I went through Tripadvisor and decided to try Erboy and am very happy about it.

Their breakfast is very good and I enjoyed it very much, wide variety of things that I enjoyed coming from totally different culture and breakfast traditions. I specially enjoyed their newsletter every morning with tips about what was going on in Istanbul and on Turkish language and country.

I had been working at another location in Turkey where it was extremely cold at that time and felt exhausted after the work. I was doubting my decision to take the weekend in Istanbul but I don't regret it at all. It was fantastic experience and the staff at Erboy Hotel created a comfortable environment so I could just relax and enjoy the great city of Istanbul.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Otrebusy, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Transfer from the airport was fast and profesional. Driver during our way to the hotel shown us atraction of Istanbul, teach us simple words in turkisch. In hotel manager invited us warm with welcome tee. She shown us on the map all atracrions in Istanbul. We received map and discount card. Breakfast in hotel was excellence. Room was nice, clean, comfortable and big, but has too little daylight (we had wall view from our room). We had very nice stay in this holel. We had free from charge late check out. We recomend this hotel and their excellent service

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Croydon, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We, family of four, spent six nights in this hotel during late December 2011. We were happy with the size of our family room. The rates we paid was very competitive for Istanbul. Breakfast was okay. In my judgement they matched or even bettered standard you expect in good three star international hotels. Staff were hepful. Situated in Old Town near all the attractions. What I am not sure about Fire Drill and Fire Escape, how the hotels in Istanbul manage this safety issue.

Room Tip: Cheap accommdation for Families
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Erboy Hotel? Share your experiences!