“Was amazing holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Grand Star

You added Hotel Grand Star to your Saves list
Hotel Grand Star
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Siraselviler Cad. No:45 D:1 Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul 34437, Turkey   |
Ranked #777 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
bournemouth
“Was amazing holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

First of all I would like to stay many thanks for the staff. They were so nice with us and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and tastefull. we had big turkish breakfast. Room was clean and tidy. and also ıt was big enough. Location is wonderfull. You can reach everywhere so easily and it is in the center of Istanbul. And It has got a breathtaking sea view. I will advice to all my friend and I would like to stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was in an amazing location. It was in the middle of Taksim, within walking distance of amazing shopping and great restaurants. I love the area in large part because it gives you a great view of modern, city living in Turkey. You'll be able to interact with a lot of Turkish people living their daily lives (shopping, eating, going to work, etc).

The hotel is well-kept and comfortable (although I'm not sure I'd call it a luxury, '4 star hotel').

My room was absolutely wonderful. It was a great size (I had a "superior room", which featured 1 queen sized bed and a spare twin bed) but, more importantly, it had a balcony that overlooked the water and the countryside. The balcony had a table and chairs, so I could have breakfast overlooking the water. I didn't want to check out.

Be advised that many of the hotel staff speak only Turkish. But there always try to have some staff on hand that speak English and other languages. Elif was wonderful!

Tips: I saw a few of my colleagues' rooms and trust me: not all rooms in this hotel are created equal. Some rooms are on the street level or lower. Lower means no sunlight. The street level rooms are particularly noisy, as my Chief of Staff discovered the hard way. I, however, had an amazing room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A decent 4 stars hotel with a very good location. Close to the Taksim Square which is heart of the city and transport possibilities to any part of the city is very good. Close to the airport shuffle stop. And very good service and smiley personel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MUSTAFAK, General Manager at Hotel Grand Star, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear our valued guets,
Thank you in deed for your good piont. You are very sensetive human .
You gaved us the courage which we are muchly pleased.
We would like to see you again in our star hotels group hotels.
Sincerely yours.
Mustafa Küçükçakan
Fethiye
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

3 nights here on business and it's very busy due to central location.
Decor is a bit dated and the Internet connection was not constant.
My tv didn't work and they promised a technician but no one came, it was late at night so I just went to sleep but I was not pleased.
Dirty cups left on the corridor table were there 3 days , poor housekeeping.
Breakfast adequate but better to go out in istiklal and eat there.
If you get this as a bargain book it , if not look for other deals in this location .

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your valued point which we are honoured . İstanbul is very crovded city . That is good advantage to be at the heart of the city's life. Hope to see you again in our star hotels group
Sincerely yours
Mustafa Küçükçakan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I would describe this hotel as a very good 3 stars hotel. It is very centrally located, just off Taksim Square which is very convenient for business and pleasure trips. I loved the spa, located at the basement but very clean and with a variety of treats! Other than that, the rooms were good, so was the breakfast. No complaints about the service, would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MUSTAFAK, General Manager at Hotel Grand Star, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
As you mentioned in your message , we are at the main center of TAKSİM .
Our hotels are ideal for businessmen and tourists. SPA is completely renewed and all of the SPA
rooms have been designed specialy . all of rooms has been renovated . Thank you for choosing us .
Sincereliy yours.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in September and could not have been more satisfied.
It's in the middle of where all the action is, so whether you're going out at night or going sightseeing during the day, it's a perfect location. I saw some reviewers mentioned problems with noise, but I didn't experience this at all. It's a central hotel so you've got to expect a bit of activity - and part of Istanbul's charm is that there is so much going on!
The staff were friendly and there's a really great breakfast in the mornings (I didn't eat there in the evenings). My room was great too with a nice balcony and huge comfy bed.
As I was travelling solo, it was important that I felt I was staying somewhere safe, and I definitely did here. A great hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We thank you very much . We are having great happines to serve sensetive and high-quality guests like yourselves. As you also say , Grand Star is located at the heart of Taksim .
YOUR WORDINGS ARE THE BEST RESPONSE TO SOME REVIEWS UNFLATTERİNG OUR HOTEL . If someone chooses to stay in the centre of the city , have to put up a bit of activity.
WE ARE ALL WARM AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE. The rooms presented to our guests are totaly renewed . Thank you for staying in our hotel . We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Sincerely yours.
MANAGEMENT
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

my room is in the third floor under ground . the hotel takes i think a small area adjacent to the original hotel and make another small hotel . Rooms are small . the air condition stops sevel times in night and I wake up sevel times to make it on may be to save energy .The smell is not good in the coridors of the hotel . the breakfast is very poor . the fresh orange juice is by 8 T.L. the staff is not helpfull at all . I carry my bags to the bus by myself . I think they may need some tips but I refused to give them any thing because really the do not deserve . the location is good as it is very near to taksim square .

Room Tip: i dont advice it to any one want to enjoy with the trip
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest ,
As you mentioned in your letter we have some economic rooms at the downstairs but they have got the same luxury as our other rooms. They are all renewed and central system aircontioning have been nstalled . We have almost 55 kind of foods at open breakfast . Only french orange juise is not free of charge as with the other hotels. Whenever you need you can call belboys by phoning the reception . We are serving our guests 24 hours .
Thank you .
Sincerely yours

Been to Hotel Grand Star? Share your experiences!