“Very good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bulvar Palas

You added Hotel Bulvar Palas to your Saves list
Hotel Bulvar Palas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ataturk Bulvari no 36. Aksaray, Fatih | Old City, Istanbul 34470, Turkey   |
Ranked #244 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Belgrade, Serbia
“Very good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Very clean and nicely decorated hotel, with nice staff. Good buffet breakfast, wifi and wellness/spa section. Looks on on rather busy street not very fancy but the location is good since bus stop is just in front of the hotel and tram (which are very good to get you to the tourist destination) is some 200m down the street. Just ask in advance if spa is included in the price since I was asked to pay for it as some other guest did, but I had it covered since it was offered as the free service when I booked the hotel (not he massage of course)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

service was good ,room was large and bright enough
very clean
Location is very good also

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

This hotel was booked for me by a friend who lived in Istanbul, so I was not able to do "comparative shopping." Nevertheless, we were satisfied first of all by the friendliness of the staff and all the help they extended to my family to make our stay very pleasant. The staff speak good English and always have a smile. The hotel was also very conveniently located, providing a quick tram ride to the tourist and shopping spots of Istanbul as well as reasonable taxi fare to the airport and bus station. Every morning, we enjoyed the wide variety in their complimentary buffet breakfast. We were given a discount on our last two days of stay, which was nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

First time I was there... How it was very lovely, comfortable and with all staff the atmosphere was wonderful. I liked the room very much , it was good decoreted and big enough. Lobby and bar also nice , quite and relaxable... ( not very crowded and much noice ) And also the breakfast was delicious and rich selection... I enjoyed too much... Bulvar Palas Hotel would be my second home adress when I come to Istanbul again...
Definitely I recommend this hotel to everey one...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

- At business center kindly help me to send fax. Thank you very much.

- I've heard about this hotel from my boyfriend, he said he enjoyed very much and I enjoyed so much too.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

The rooms all smell terribly of smoke, this is probably standard in Turkey but it seemed terrible in our upgraded room in this supposedly 4 star hotel. Every morning we woke up with sore throats that stayed with us for days afterwards.

Staff inflexible and not very good with Western tourists.

Otherwise a good location.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
hotelbulvarpalas, Hotel Management at Hotel Bulvar Palas, responded to this review, August 15, 2009
Dear Johnny4000,
First of all I want to send my apologizes on behalf of the establishment about this problem you faced in 2008. That may be a possible situation then, there wasn't seperated smoking and non-smoking rooms. But now we have 14 Non-smoking rooms and the hotel is non-smoking throughout public spaces.
About other rating isues, we are working as hard as we can to give the best of 4 star hotel services. Rooms are house-keeped everyday and I am satisfied and relieved with my business that I haven't faced any compliments arelating to cleanliness and comfort of the rooms since I've began working here.
We will be more happy with hosting you a free stay on your next visit, I believe your negative
opinion of the past stay will disappear and you will leave more contented.
Thanks

Meray Şen
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

This is the most appalling 4 star hotel I have stayed in - service is non existent, the rooms and all common areas reek of smoke and the food is barely edible....expect to be eating stale cakes, bread and the previous nights soup for breakfast.

• Liked — a whiskey in the bar - although it was over priced for Turkey
  • Disliked — service, smoke, food
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
hotelbulvarpalas, Public Relations at Hotel Bulvar Palas, responded to this review, August 15, 2009
Dear WilliamBilson

About other rating isues, I don't know what you personally expect from a breakfast, but we have a large breakfast buffet with a large variety of cheeses, salamis,olives, jams, eggs, pastries, drinks,dired fruits and more things that is supposed to be in a breakfast menu..

opinion of the past stay will disappear and you will leave more pleased.
Thank you,best wishes.

Been to Hotel Bulvar Palas? Share your experiences!