“Visit - March 15, 2013” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #406 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
calgary
“Visit - March 15, 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is an older hotel and would rate it a 3 star rather than a 4 star as given by Tripadvisor in 2012 to this hotel. They have this sign at reception. Rooms are very small on the first floor. We stayed here twice, we were given a room on the first floor on the first visit when we stayed for 4 nights and then given a 3rd floor on our second visit for 2 nights on March 29.
Location is good as close to the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar.
The rooms require an update as old carpet and need some updating in the bathroom like painting, flooring. They need to put a noise barrier or something as we could hear people talking in their bathroom when you were in the bathroom. There is no such a thing as privacy in your room..Breakfast was included in the room rates and was average as same items served every day as gets boring after couple of days. If you want sunny side up eggs, there is a charge for this . They need to improve their breakfast menu and suggest they have a chef making customized eggs as people wishes at no extra charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and try not to take the rooms on the first floor. There is no A/C in the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marmaris, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is situated of the beaten track but what a find on top of all the attractions 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazzar plenty of restaurants all at very reasonable prices.
the hotel staff were great and the hotel is very well looked after very clean all rooms have the linen and towels changed every day the roof top restaurant is fantastic with free internet and a great bar you couldn't want any more.

Room Tip: the rooms from the 5th floor upwards have a sea view..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Loved this hotel 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque. Comfortable beds wonderful soundproofing had really good sleep. Complimentary soft drink and nibbles every evening was a nice touch, Really at the centre of everything so never needed taxis - just walked and used the tram,

Room Tip: Paid bit extra for sea view which was worth it,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Every time I live in Aziyade hotel, I feel home. It starts from the morning and goes till the next morning. I have a spacious room with a bath there and even a safe box. They change
towels every day and if you want they can also change the bed sheets every day too. I also have a bathrobe and room shoes, which is very convenient. They have a good hearty breakfast in a panorama restaurant on the roof of the hotel. You can see from there the Marmara Sea and 2 beautiful Mosques-Sokullu pasa and Cocuk Aya Sofia. After that you have a wellness center, which would give you some relaxation. You can use their small gym, the jacuzzi, the turkish Hamam and the sauna. In addition you may have a very attentif care like massage etc. Mina and her collegue would provide you a very good service. Many clients order it and like it here. So, you can REALLY gather some force there and be in good form, which is VERY important in such a GREAT and beautiful city as Istanbul! Especially if you walk its hills all the days like me!:-) During the day you can have a nice lunch in the same restaurant at the roof if you want or you can order some meals to your room (I did both and enjoyed both!:-)) and in the evening you are able to taste their great and rich buffet and sometimes to listen there some live music. The bar is to your disposal 24 hours in 24 hours!!! So, you can have a beer there or some turkish tea, whatever. Unbelievable, but true-I use it myself very offten and quite late at night, when I get back from my jazz club. Also, from 5 pm to 7 pm they serve some tasteful small food like pizza or chips with some cream aside or small snacks ALL FOR FREE near the bar, so you can seat at one of the tables and enjoy-maybe even check your facebook or something:-) I got used to do so especially my last days in Istanbul this time (from Jan 24 to Feb 22, 2013), because being a passionate Russian I have spent almost all the money I had in my wallet and had to pay attention to my costs for the rest of my voyage this time. I just didn't want to use the Western Union or something to get some more money from my parents etc. So, usually I didn't use that 5 to 7 pm small buffet, because I got used to run around the city meeting friends and making photos, going to some cafes or restaurants and so on, BUT this particular time I tried that buffet for a couple of times and it was really ok. :-) As far as you can see I can advice you as an experienced Aziyade visitor and a friend of the house(still I do it because they a really good-otherwise I would never say something like I sais before about them and I would never return if they were bad or something-that means THEY ARE VERY GOOD!!!
I admire and love the people of Aziyade because they are really friendly! TRUE 100%! They are kind, generous, intellegent-it's great to have that kind of friends, bekieve me! I also tried another hotel once, because my travel agent insisted I should try it at least once. I tried that looking like more chic hotel once and RETURNED TO AZIYADE, as if I returned back home after a long trip! :-) So, making a kind of resume here: I stayed in Aziyade for 3 times from the beginning of Dec 2012 to end Feb 2013. All together I spent there 1.5 month and I am going there again tomorrow for 1 month. :-) You can make you conclusions yourself. I travelled half of the world, lived in different hotels fashionable and cozy, luxe and modest and I want to say Aziyade is one of the best I lived in ever and for sure it's practically my home! :-) evim, evim, guzel evim! Home, home, sweet home!!! I would like to thank all the personnel of Aziyade. Tesekkur ederim, arkadaslar!!! Gorusuruz, tamam gorusuruz! Umarim. Insallah! See you, my friends very, very soon...I would imagine now that, I had never left you or something like that! You are always in my heart!
Thank you. :-) BRAVO AZIYADE!!!!! :-)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are my favourites. I really feel home there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Clean, safe and comfortable hotel, centrally located in the old part of town. It was a strenous 10 minute walk to key locations: tram, Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar, Cemberlitas hamam. Bring hiking shoes - my loafers weren't a good choice. Rooftop restaurant had great views of Marmara Sea, and a good breakfast spread. Lovely, accommodating staff. It's a bit hard to find, but the hotel provided cards with the name, address and a map - great for my own walks and to provide to taxi drivers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Location is pretty good. It's only about a 10 minute walk to Grand Bazaar and Hagia Sophia. About the same amount of time to get to a train station. Neighborhood seems safe and we haven't been bothered. The restaurant is on the top floor which offers a nice view of the area.
Spa is amazing! Get the full Traditional Turkish massage. It's normally 60 Euro, but they offer a 25% discount between 10-4. If you're American, it will be an experience you aren't used to. But, you'll enjoy it, survive it, and feel extremely relaxed.

Bar area offers snacks and drinks. Drink pricing is cheaper than going out, but while we've been here, there haven't been a lot of people there to talk to. Service at bar could use a little improvement as it was slow getting drinks. The bartender we had wasn't very outgoing, but helpful when asking questions about the area.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street which offered good views of the happenings around the area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for several nights and found the location within walking distance of much that Istanbul has to offer. Rooms were fine, rather small but not unlike other downtown hotels elsewhere. Generally found the hotel to be clean. The rooftop restaurant was great, especially the outdoor seating area with a beautiful view of the boats on the Bosphorus River both in the early morning and in the evening.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aziyade Hotel? Share your experiences!