“Great value for the money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Albatros Premier Hotel

You added Albatros Premier Hotel to your Saves list
Albatros Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucukayasofya MahallesI CayIroglu Sok No 1 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #419 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Great value for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Quite nice hotel, solid value for the money. No frills, but all the things you need are there. Clean, good breakfast, friendly staff, room service is efficient without being intrusive (thankfully). I totally recommend it for the tourist looking for a "base" from where to visit not only the Old City but also the other not-so-touristy parts of Istanbul. There are *lots* of bad and overpriced hotels in the Old City - avoid them, go for Albatross. I've stayed there 9 nights, so I know what I'm talking about :).
PS - I am very picky about beds and pillows, and those were 5*****

Room Tip: If you can, get the 414!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Hi everyone! This is Hannah from brooklyn. I have stayed in Albatros Premier Hotel Istanbul. This was my second trip to Istanbul. I liked Istanbul so much that I had decided to go again after my first trip, however I did not like the hotel that I have stayed for the first trip. I found this hotel online, and I liked the reviews about Albatros Premier Hotel. I decided to stay in Albatros, and I am happy from my choice. Everything was perfect! Location, staff, service and so on, all perfect! I advice everyone this hotel, you will never regret!

• Stayed July 2012
Bassingbourn, Cambridgshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

When i arrived it was my first time to Turkey and Istanbul, as i was traveling alone and was a little unsure of what to expect, so a bit apprehensive not speaking Turkish, however on reaching the Albatros i was greeted by warm friendly staff that went out of there way to help, there recommendations were spot on and could not do enough to help.
Although my room was at street level, it was comfortable and in no way noisy, it was clean and the bed was comfortable.
The trip was a treat to myself for my 50th and it is an experience i shall never forget, i can only thank the staff for such a wonderful stay, my biggest regret was i did not stay longer, but i will be going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Johnson City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were for the first time in Istanbul, and we loved it! The hotel makes good impression from the outside. We stayed five nights at the hotel, and it was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and kind. Rooms were comfortable enough and well designed. Terrace restaurant was great! They have tasty foods. I ate a Turkish food one day, and then I ate from an international cuisine. All were great! I can't even say anything about the location. That was the best!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Located on the edge of Sultan Ahmet, about 5 mins walk away from the Blue Mosque and overlooking the Marmarra Sea, this is a very reasonably priced and well located hotel. It is away from the hustle and bustle of the main street giving visitors some peace to rest at night. It is very minimalistic which is reflected on the price. There are no fitness or leisure amenities here, but you do get free Wi-Fi which I found invaluable in helping plan for the next days outings as well as keeping in touch with family back home. This is the perfect base for self planned tourists who have no pre-booked tours or itineraries. The staff are very patient, helpful and enthusiastic, and provided us with good advise on the best routes and sites to visit, as well as saved us from getting ripped off by directing us to the best shops. The breakfast is not the best, and therefore if you are charged extra for it, it is not worth it. Instead there are a few cafes nearby which offer good value and better quality breakfast.

Room Tip: I would definitely choose a room on the second floor or above to get some privacy. As the rooms are...
Pune, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our four nights stay at the hotel was comfortable. Rooms though not big, are good enough for the night's sleep since one is moving out through out the day. Location is within walking distance from many of the Istambul's main attractions and also to the tramway which takes you to distant parts of the town. The staff was very courtious and helpful in guiding usto plan our daily itenerary. We would certainly recommend the hotel to our friends who may be planning to visit Istambul in future.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were five people in our family and we got two different rooms at Albatros. We stay there for five days. We enjoy every day being there. The Hotel is close to virtually every historical spot. The breakfast was knockout and helped us great deal to browse Istanbul till late afternoon. The young Turkish lady in the customer service is very polite and very helpful and same goes for the people on the front desk. This was our first trip to Istanbul and we enjoy every moment and this hotel was a convenient tool to explore the wonderful city, Istanbul. Thank you, the entire crew of Albatros Premier Hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are really quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Albatros Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!