I have mixed feelings regarding this hotel. Let start with the plusses.
- Location – close to perfect. The hotel is located close to the tip of Sultanameth, a bit on the opposite side to the Golden Horn. You have everything within walking distance - even the Galata bridge. But you have to start with a climb up the hill. Up to where the sights like Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi and the Grand Bazar are situated. Up to where you can catch the tram.
- Looks – fantastic. It is a beautiful hotel. At least on the outside. We constantly saw people on the street take photos of the hotel.
- Service – outstanding. They were ever so helpful to book and rebook restaurants, tours etc. They even stayed way past closing time in the rooftop bar to serve us drinks and wine.
- Rooms – fair. We were a group who had several rooms. Some were real small others were real spacey. In particular 301 (with a Jacuzzi) and 306. Look first before accepting.
- Cleanness – fair. The rooms were generally clean - even if not perfect. Some dirt in the corners, but not much to complain about.
- Breakfast – fair. Fair but not more. Some days you could get an egg or some scrambled eggs. But if you were late it was gone and not replenished.
- Beds – hard. Very hard. So hard we had difficulties to adapt. The first night we had difficulties to sleep for more than an hour. Then you woke with pain and had to turn.
- Shower – horrible. Worst of all were the showers. Water pressure is very low – but if I stretch it ample. But adjusting the water temperature was almost impossible. You had to adjust the faucet within a millimeter or two. And when the temperature was just right and you went into the shower the water temperature changed to either freezing cold burning hot. That was really really bad.
All in all I would rate this as a very friendly 2½ star hotel. If they fix the showers and improves the breakfast I would give a strong three. Include slightly softer beds and they get 3½.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albatros Premier Hotel is located in the hearth of old city Sultanahmet. Located next to the Blue Mosque, Little Hagia Sophia and just 500 mt. to the worldwide famous Hagia Sophia aND Topkapi Palace.The Hotel has 55 rooms and some of them has sea view and balcony as well, also corner and family suites are available for your vacation in Istanbul. The roof top terrace has an amazing view of the Blue Mosque and Marmara Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Albatros Premier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albatros Hotel Istanbul