When visiting Istanbul for a limited time a central location in the Sultanahmet area is very important. This allows foot access to most of the tourist sites. This hotel is well placed to meet that requirement. The view from the terrace restaurant is panoramic and this is also a major positive. The staff in general are helpful. The breakfast is average but the view more than compensates. I would not eat in the restaurant for dinner we did and it was not good. There are many better options close by. The complimentary afternoon tea is nice. We had a really annoying experience with our private transfer to the airport which was booked through the hotel not arriving at all! So be warned the company they use for hotel transfers is not reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Horn Sultanahmet Hotel is a 7 floor modern building with a large lobby area and garden. Located in the heart of historical peninsula Golden Horn Sultanahmet represent the traditional Turkish hospitality melted with comfort and pleasure. Golden Horn Sultanahmet takes its name from the unique place of the Bosphorus; Golden Horn. The Halic (Golden Horn), Bosphorus and Marmara Sea where Istanbul is feeling proud of being Istanbul now and before. Has gradually spread out to the fırther distances from the same historical peninsula, with echoing songs through the history. We invite to Sultanahmet put the crown of Istanbul on. The song will lead the way for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Horn Sultanahmet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Horn Sultanahmet Istanbul
- Hotel Golden Horn Sultanahmet