“Friendly, Clean, Organized, and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Orient Hostel International
Akbiyik Cad. No 9 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #17 of 850 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Houston, Texas
“Friendly, Clean, Organized, and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Last time we stayed there everybody was really friendly. The food was delicious and inexpensive. The view from the roof top is gorgeous and they serve you dinner or lunch up there if you like. The room was very neat, organized, and clean..
All around great atmosphere and very friendly people.
I would recommend this to many one. I would definitely go back there when i can.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elblag, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

The best place to spend magic time have fun and get know fantastic people from different places around the globe :-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Orient Hostel is the best hostel in Istanbul.
I went many times to Istanbul and if im walking down the street and see the orient hostel sign it feels like coming home.
The staff is so friendly and will help you with everything.
the food was great and the view from the roof terrace is amazing especially at night.

so if you want to stay in the most beautifull area with the best view of istanbul,
you have to stay at ORIENT HOSTEL!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

the staff was very friendly and help me to get by in the city.
and one day, the area run out of water, and orient was the only hostel with a kind of water dispenser. so i managed to have my shower in the boiling turkish summer

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Franktown, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Orient had the most helpful staff in helping me find what the best deals are for tours and making sure I saw all of the "musts" before I left. I loved staying with Orient and the experience that they helped me receive so much that I booked in a last minute trip back to Istanbul and stayed a second time with them before I left Europe. It is an awesome deal for your money. Good rooms, yummy breakfasts, perfect location, and staff that was so wonderful that it is hard to put into words. I made so many friends with the staff and I knew that they watched out for my security especially since the second time I was traveling by myself. If you want a simply addicting memory of Turkey stay at Orient. :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Our experience at the Orient will last forever and the friends made will be life long... We were treated so well with too many good times to mention. That aside, the Orient staff went over and above the call of duty, when my travel partner lost all access to her money by dealing with the bank to rectify her problems, at no cost..... When I needed an impromptu flight booked, I was able to call them and they helped me out by organising it all for me. Then there was the time when one of the guys drove me to the other side of Istanbul when all of the other chemists were closed. Words can not explain how kind, trusting and thoughtful they were to us, unconditionally. We slept in a private room with ensuite which was great, good hot shower, comfortable bed and all very clean too. We tried to experience other eating places during our visit, but each time we did, we could not beat the quality of food, service and value for money at the Orient. The position was brilliant, easy walk to everything, in a magnificent area. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. xoxoxox

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

One of the best hostels i stayed at. Facilities were clean and the staff were amazing; you will be treated here with nothing but pure respect and hospitality. John from Canada. Shout out to Bulent and Serdar abe!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Orient Hostel International? Share your experiences!