I stayed in this hotel in November for 4 nights with a group of friends during our visit in Istanbul. We booked two rooms. The rooms were wide (also well-dimensioned bathroom) and very very clean. One fo the two double room we booked, was a triple room.
Hotel's position is perfect! It is near the most important monuments. You can reach Santa Sofia and Topkapi in 2 minutes on foot (you can also see them form windows). However there are no noises during the night. Breakfast is rich and various (salt and sweet) with some turkish speciality. It is served in a panoramic breakfast-room on the roof top.
But I think that the great difference is made from the hotel's staff! The reception staff (Ferdi, Veysel and Gokhan) is polite, can speak English fluently, and they are very very professional. Ferdi gave us some important advices about monuments and itineraries: I think that all hotels should have employee like them. I suggest this hotel to who is interested to have a good position for city tours (you don't need public transportation to visit the city) and a structure in which you feel as at home!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi is proud to serve those guests who prize the unique ambience and charm of a bygone age - as well as comfort, care and convenience – rather than the impersonal, homogenized facilities promoted by the global tourism industry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valide Sultan Konagi Istanbul
- Valide Sultan Konagi Hotel Istanbul