Crystal hotel is situated on the modern European side near isteklal cad. Street ( one of the shopping areas) the location of the hotel is about 15 mins walk, 3 mins walk to the subway station and 1 min walk from the bus stop 5 mins walk from the bus station, less than 1 min walk to the nearest two money exchange shops ,the hotel area is good though i advice tourists to try something new near the sea in their 2 visit, this location is safe live all night but you need to try somthing authentic and non conventional ,this area makes you mingle with tourists mostly and turks who deal with tourism where as other areas you deal with the real authentic country residents and get the real deal of magic Istanbul ( somewhere like ortakoy would be just amazing )
I will say the usual review for this hotel :
- location: excellent though if you rent a car you would find it hard to park near ,renting a car in turkey is a Must so you go sea the far away touristic areas like rumeli feneri and asian side etc also to do shopping freely without worrying to carry much bags and walk, pls note petrol prices in Turkey are HIGH. Very high but its worth it, we rented a nice mercedes and it was really another experience than the previous visits. So no parking spot in this hotel, you park and walk 15 min s to the hotel, and u can get lucky and park in their free close by streets.
- breakfast: good variable but almost the same every day. Try their fresh break and honey with sesame paste ( typical turkish)
- the staff in this hotel are better than the three hotels I tried before in my previous three visits.
- the room: small i rented a single room for my self they gave me a twin bed room the room is good for two but w'd be small as rest of all Istanbul 4 star hotels in this area.( cartoon /Riva) the cupboard hardly took all my clothes ,bathroom is okay.
You can hear wts going on on your neighboring rooms close by. As usual walls are thin
Try the hotel its good...specially if you will take the room to your self alone
And pls pls enjoy the real turkey as much as you can and avoid shopping its addictive there it will consume all your time and money ..postpone it till the last day only:)) enjoy
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Crystal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Hotel Istanbul
- Hotel Crystal Istanbul