“an expensive hotel with grand history.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah

Save Saved
You added Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah to your Saves list
Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mesrutiyet Cad. Tepebasi, No:52 | Beyoglu, Istanbul 34430, Turkey   |
Ranked #89 of 883 hotels in Istanbul
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“an expensive hotel with grand history.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

if you want to experience history, stay here. lovely hotel. essential part of experience of being in istambul. pricey. food is also expensive. impeccable service. rooms are small. pool is underground and it was not properly heated. my suggestion...stay for a night or two and then move to another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We value all guest feedback as an opportunity to continue to improve our services and products for our guests.
All your comments

I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Beautiful hotel, excellent service, delicious breakfast. Sauna and steam room were included in price, gym and swimming pool were small but OK. The only negative thing to say is that there are lots of pubs, discos, rave parties etc. in the neighbourhood. We had booked the room with lowest rate and in the night we found out why. The music was loud enough to pierce through our earplugs until 5 am. We requested to get another room in the opposite side of the hotel and managed to get that. I would go there again but would definitely stay on the more expensive side.

Room Tip: Rooms on the more expensive side ("seaview"?) are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your Spa experience.

Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This lovely hotel combines great history and decor with excellent attention for customer service by the hotel staff. The room was excellent and very contemporary and clean. The bar area is a really luxurious space and perfect to unwind. The breakfast was arguably he best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Stayed 4 nights and would thoroughly recommend!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, February 6, 2013

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Pera Palace embraces us since the first minute we enter the astonishing hall. But the best is yet to come. Riding on the most ancient elevator in Europe still in use in surely an unforgetable experience. Charming premises with very cosy rooms and suites with an excellent combination between the charm of the antique and the confort of the modern. And all of this leveraged by historical presence from famous people like Hemingway, Agatha Christie and many others.

Room Tip: Try to choose a suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the rooms and their facilities and our location provided such added value for you.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

With three days of intense business in and around Istanbul, i returned to the Pera Palace for the second time in a year. I used to stay at the Hyatt near Taksim Square, but realized that the Pera is better for many reasons. The basics of the hotel speak for itself. Beautifully restored turn of the century spaces, elegant and very functional rooms, are the starting points. But the service is what makes it stand out as a great hotel not just a great space. From check in to the doorman straightening my jacket collar as I walked out the door, it was really a treat. When i was up at 5 in the morning and wanted the gym opened before the offical time, it was opened with a smile. (yes i tip well but i've been to plenty of hotels where the smiles are not there and there service is with a shrug). Then there is the added plus plus of being located in a great walking neighborhood. Tons of great restaurants, cafes and stores are a short walk away. This is not touristy Istanbul, but the real city and its lively citizens with a most enoyable and diverse nightlife. Accross the street from the hotel (perfect for those late arrival nights) is a restuarant called Mezze which is outstanding and not priced as a tourist location. I can't wait to return and it's worth the $$$.

Room Tip: on the weekends better to be in the back of the building, to avoid weekend street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the high level of guest service you experienced, and for which Jumeirah is renowned. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the rooms and the facilities, and the high level of service provided by our dedicated team of colleagues.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah in the near future, and to ensuring most enjoyable stays and fond memories with us.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If I go with the usual, great room, great building, history, I would guess I would repeat many reviewers, what made the difference on top of all is the staff, I felt so special, every one, porter, reception, concierge, lobby,they made us feel very special, I felt pampered.

I strayed at the hotel for 8 days, enjoyed, every moment, breakfast, afternoon tea, the concierge helped us in booking many special events, and guided us to some inspiring places, Istanbul, is a magical city, this hotel is a magical hotel for a magical city like Istanbul.

I would absolutely return if I can soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your breakfast experience. I also am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed with my family, including baby.
I stayed this hotel because of its history. I wanted to taste nostalgia of 19th century.
The facility of renewed hotel was excellent. Balance of old taste and renewed equipment was great. Old cafe and old elevator were so nice and so pretty.

But my most impressed thing was its staffs.
Hotel staffs were so professional that we could enjoy hotel life very much without any trouble.
But they were also very friendly and full of hospitality.
They cared my daughter very much. They remembered the name of my daughter and tried to talk to her anytime. (unfortunately, she was too shy to talk with them.)
That experience was great to us.
If I have chance to visit Istanbul again, I will choose this hotel again because of their hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest ,

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the high level of guest service you experienced, and for which Jumeirah is renowned. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the high level of service provided by our dedicated team of colleagues.

Pinar Kartal-Timer

Been to Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah? Share your experiences!