“Brilliant hotel in a perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avicenna Hotel

You added Avicenna Hotel to your Saves list
Avicenna Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mimar Mehmet Aga Cad. Amiral Tafdil Sok. D:31-33 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #286 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
London
“Brilliant hotel in a perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always worry that the really good reviews on Tripadvisor are probably by people who work at the hotel but this is really genuine. The hotel is in an amazing location only 5 mins walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The call to prayer at 5:30 took a bit of getting used to but other than that we thought it was brilliant. The hotel have clearly responded to people's complaints as breakfast was excellent every day despite the fact that sometimes we turned up at 8:30 and sometimes at 9:45. There was still always plenty of food available and plenty of friendly staff to ask if you wanted anything else. The room was great, and again in response perhaps to people's complaints, there was a range of shampoo/shower gel/soap on hand provided by the hotel. The staff were always very helpful, particularly with upgrading us to a sea-view room and arranging for us to visit the florence Nightingale Museum on the Asian side. We would definitely recommend the hotel to any friends who were travelling to Istanbul!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AvicennaIstanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Reg,

We would like to thank you for your comments. We appreciate your good observations and great experience about our Hotel. Also for taking your time and sharing your opinions with everybody else.

It was really nice to host you in our Hotel and we wish to see you again when you come back to Turkey.

It’s our commintment for us to make feel all our guests comfortable. I’m glad to hear that we had the chance to meet somebody like you.

Your are always welcome to our Hotel,

Best regards,

Fikriye Yilmaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Staff are nice and friendly, last day asked them to bring my suitcases down no one turned up to take it down so I took it down my self. Breakfast is ridicules the cereals were damp food selection was very little if you want fresh juice you need to pay extra asked for an omelet said need to pay extra. Location is very good walking distant to all tourist destination. But the general local public are very rude and ignorant airport staff are very rude and unhelpful. Istanbul is a nice city but not the best and will never return there again. We had 2 double room booked me,my wife my 16month old son and 2 sister we were given a double room with 2 single beds pushed together but the room was good size with a bath and shower. My sister got a very very small room 1 single bed a 1 broken fold up bed but they did change the room the following day to a double room. TV in the room has only 2 English news channels internet connection is working only certain times the tv in the room is very small and far from the bed it's not worth having the tv on.

• Stayed November 2013
AvicennaIstanbul, Genel Müdür at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Kabirmoynul
I would like to extend special thanks to you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. Before I begin my feedback I would like to extend my sincere apology. Only we need to know how we can make your vacation most enjoyable while you are still in the hotel.
Breakfast: We are offering Turkish Style Breakfast to match up with your Istanbul experience. Also we are purchasing the best quality of products because we don’t want to compromise the breakfast quality. That’s why we have four types of country cheeses 12 kinds of preserves, olive selections, cold cuts, fresh fruits and vegetables etc. We have also 4 types of cereals every morning on the buffet breakfast. If you have Caribbean vacation you are not able to see the selections above I mentioned but you have potential to see lots of tropical fruits.
Room: I believe Front Desk made an effort to change your stateroom which it solved the problem. As I mentioned above we just need to know. Resources might be limited but we want to show maximum effort to resolve your concern. Sorry for the limited English Channels.
Luggage service must be miss communication. Otherwise shouldn’t be issue.
Please contact with us if you are planning to stay another time I promise to made it up within possibilities and resources. We are still appreciated you stay with us.
Bruxelles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was just a nightmare, the rooms/nights overpriced, and the service very poor. The location was good. The bathroom was dirty, and when I asked why we couldn't get another room, since we asked for one on the first floor they said that we needed to pay 60€ extra per night (btw. Our room was in the basement).

• Stayed November 2013
Dear dinah001,
I would like to extend special thanks to you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. Before I begin my feedback I would like to extend my sincere apology. I know very well my apology is not going to bring the time back. I wish I met with you while you were in Istanbul. At the same time while we are receiving many positive comments about the service and hotel I am sad to hear that we weren’t able to meet your expectation. This is completely out of the frame of our commitment regarding guest service. If only the issue was cleanliness of the bathroom House Keeping team could made it up quickly and we could do something to recovery procedure. Regarding the room and prices are a different subject. As a matter affect your booking is for standard room and I admired our weekend prices higher than business days like other hotels. This is absolutely normal worldwide practice.
El Granada, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed there 3 times in the last 18 months. I travel for business and when I have days off that I want to spend at the Grand Bazaar I stay here. Rooms are very small. Hot water is scarce. The staff is friendly.
I have another trip to Istanbul next week and decided not to stay here again. The last time I stayed at this hotel I prepaid for a particular room and was told it was available, and when I got there the next day it was not.
Very close location to all the places you want to visit. While there you must go to "Sultan Ahmet Kufteci" a great treat to eat there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Balcony. Do not stay in top floor, you do have a limited view, but a narrow wind...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AvicennaIstanbul, Genel Müdür at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Sudi T
It was pleasure to have in Avicenna Hotel Istanbul. We are extremely happy to hear that most of your experience met your expectation. Also I would like to extend special thanks to taking your time and sharing your great experience and constructive comment with us. Also I sincerely apologized for missed communication about your room request. We are not able to promise specific room for future reservation but we take the guests request and try to accommodate depending of availability. We know there lots of choices but we are highly appreciated you stayed with us. We are looking forward to see you in near future. Thanks a Million.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel was the best hotel that we have stayed in, the staff was very helpful and always happy to help .Staff at this Hotel where very fluent in English and you could actually have a conversation. The morning breakfast had a great choice of variety and very child friendly. The Hotel is ideally located with only a 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque and the main high street. We have enjoyed our stay at this Hotel so much that we have made plans to revisit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sufian1982
Your comments and observations are extremely helpful to improve our product in order to serve you better on your next stay. What a wonderful pleasure to have in Avicenna Hotel Istanbul and hear that we were able to meet your expectation during your stay. Also I would like to extend special thanks to taking your time and sharing your great experience with us. Thanks a Million.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel has many good things about it.We had a very warm welcome and the staff were very helpful at all times.I was helped to checkin on line and my boarding passes printed out.

It is in an excellent location within easy reach of the main sights but in a quiet area.

Our room 212 was quite small, but probably not too bad for central Istanbul. On the last night I was kept awake by a very noisy air conditioning unit under the window outside.
We were delighted to find that there was a kettle in the room, but disappointed to find that each tea bag costs 4TL.!! I went out early in the morning to a local store to get some so TAKE YOUR OWN!!!!!

We were also disappointed also with the breakfast which was adequate but unexciting.No danger of over eating!!! Would have liked a choice of fresh fruit.

All in all we were happy wit this hotel and glad we stayed in this area.

Room Tip: Not near the outdoor air conditioning unit!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Judithannewebb
Your comments, observations and experience are extremely helpful to improve our product in order to serve you better on your next stay. I sincerely apologized some of our offers didn’t meet your expectation. We are working on many projects and we want to implement earliest possible to see you back to our hotel near future. I would like to extend special thanks to taking your time and sharing your great experience with us. Thanks a Million.
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

hotel is very nice decorated, all rooms have new beds and furniture, bathroom is bit small but you have all you need and istanbul is for citytrip, not for spending day in room.
breakfast very well, cofee not super but i got some new cop when i asked. rooms downstairs have bit much steps to get there and no terras,better book groundfloorrooms or higher,
location is very good, just behind blue moscee and bazars. hotel has taxi service to airport.

Room Tip: best book on groundfloor or higher,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Marymena
Your comments, observations and experience are extremely helpful to improve our product in order to serve you better on your next stay. Absolutely we want to insure your stay is most enjoyable possible. We are trying our best by utilizing all resources to reach 5 Stars level hospitality. I would like to extend special thanks to taking your time and sharing your great experience with us. Thanks a Million.

Been to Avicenna Hotel? Share your experiences!