“Amazing hotel...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul

Save Saved
You added Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul to your Saves list
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Cad. Kapi Agasi Sok. No:5 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34400, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #17 of 912 hotels in Istanbul
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

lovely hotel in a great location - close too all atraction in the old city. Qualified staff. The room we stayed in is the phenthase suite it was very big with great balcony with amazing sea view. I would like to thank one amazing employee of the hotel – his name is Samet. He is simply an amazing man, he helped me for almost 3 hours to find my I-phone that I forgot in a taxi. He done such an amazing work till the taxi driver agreed to return my phone. He is one of a kind and again thank you dear Samet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

As we sat on warm, sunny mornings enjoying our breakfast on their rooftop overlooking the Sea of Marmara and the ships lining up to go through the Bosphorus on route to the Black Sea, I thought about how perfect this hotel was as to location and service. Admittedly the rooms vary from small to luxurious and one should plan ahead by asking which room they will get and looking on the hotel's website to get an idea, however we found them all to be workable. There are street sounds (voices etc) but it is the old quarter and everything is very close together. We stayed for two nights when we got to Istanbul. Then left for two nights for a tour out to the Gallipoli battlefield. Then we returned for three nights while touring Istanbul, and then returned again 10 days later after touring Izmir/Antalya/Cappadocia regions. Each time they gave us a totally different style room and overall it was a lot of fun. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were so helpful (and will answer your emails from abroad if you have questions). The location is walking distance to many of the 'must see' spots in Istanbul. The tram is an uphill walk but we used it to go to the Golden Horn and visit the Spice Market and once just took it all the way to the end of the line just to get an overall feel for Istanbul. Bottom line, the location, staff and breakfast more than make up for any room's shortcoming, IMHO.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After reading the positive reviews of this place online, I decided to stay at this hotel for the first several days I was in Istanbul. My stay was extremely disappointing and the hotel was not good. I will not say it was horrible, but it was depressing, to say the least. My room was so unpleasant, I did not want to return to my room until bedtime. The location is good, which is about the only positive thing I can say about it. I do not like to write negative comments about a place, but since I relied on Trip Advisor for recommendations, I think it is important to convey all opinions. I should also say, that I stayed in wonderful places, and this hotel was the only disappointment. First, my room was small, dingy, and had no ventilation whatsoever. It was extremely warm outside and inside, and the air conditioning system was apparently broken (first explanation). When I complained the next day, I was advised that the air conditioner was not broken, but instead, it was turned off automatically in October, and the only ventilation available was heat (second explanation). When I continued to complain (my room was sweltering), I was told that a technician was called to repair the air conditioner, but he did not work on Saturdays (third explanation). Needless to say, no one ever repaired the air conditioner and I never received an apology. On the third day, someone brought a fan into the room (by this time, I was looking to move). As for the shower, it was so small that I could not move once inside. It would be impossible for a man to fit inside the shower. There were virtually no amenities. The bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was awful - the sheets did not look clean, and the pillows were terrible foam. When I requested alternative pillows, they brought me one pillow. When I requested additional pillows, the woman on duty said "you only asked for one". The service was completely not at the level it should be. The breakfast was the worst I had at any of the hotels in Turkey - the toaster was broken, so we could not toast the bread (which was sitting out and was stale). The meat looked like a poor quality American hot dog. The internet access was also not working the entire time I stayed there. The place is really tired, and needs renovation. While the location is good, I must also add that because I had no air in my room, I had to leave the window open. The street noise was terrible until extremely late hours (2 am). The only positive thing I can say, is that some of the hotel staff were very nice and pleasant. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel, however if you find yourself there, do not select a room with a windo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Breakfast included Turkish specialties like tahin&pekmez, cokelek and nice local pastries. Rooms felt homely and were very clean.

Front office kindly agreed to pick up our things from the dry cleaner/laundrette around the corner when I realised I wouldn't be back in time to pick them up myself.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

It was just the perfect place to stay not only for the location (we were close to the Blue Mosk, Topkapi Museum and Sainte Sophia), but more importantly for the kindness and the efficiency of the staff, giving all the information we need and doing its best to facilitate our stay in Istambul.
We were very pleased with the charm of this small hotel, and the comfort of our room; we enjoyed the fabulous breakfast on the roof terrasse, with a very special view on the Marmara Sea.
We visited Istambul fo its historical, cultural and tourist attractions, and we will certainly return in this “hotel de charme”.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my second time at this hotel, and my husband's third. The staff are very friendly and helpful and we felt welcome from the moment of arrival when guests are seated and given tea and Turkish delight while they fill in the check-in paperwork.

Bathroom spotless - this is very important to me!

Roof terrace with view on one side over the Blue Mosque and the other over the Sea of Marmara is a lovely relaxing place to sit at the beginning and end of the day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Dersaadet is a meticulously appointed hotel, well run and friendly, great location, great roof top terrace. They have a helpful, friendly woman concierge/excursion planner who checks in with you every morning to see what she can do for you; she comes to you, you don't have to go to her, great idea..The only fly in the ointment:a little pricey.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul? Share your experiences!