“Excellent location! 10 mins to the Blue Mosque...T1 Tram” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul

You added Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul to your Saves list
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Cad. Kapi Agasi Sok. No:5 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34400, Turkey (Sultanahmet)   |
Special Price
10% off & Free pick-up
Ranked #15 of 1,022 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent location! 10 mins to the Blue Mosque...T1 Tram”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My first time in Istanbul and the Dersaadet hotel was an excellent choice! I had no idea what to expect and was tagging along with friends from DC. Sometimes smaller is better and this time it was. Everything worked like clockwork. The hotel arraigned the transfer from the airport and it was painless. The hotel is a short ride/trip from the airport, about 20 mins depending on traffic. When we arrived at the Dersaadet, we were warmly greeted by staff and served hot tea with a Turkish delight. The room and bath were clean; I was impressed with the tiled bath in my room. The bed were comfortable. The morning breakfast was the traditional European breakfast veggies, eggs, coffee, juice, grains, yogurt, mixed fruit, sausages to name a few of the items. The roof dining area is enclosed with glass roof with an exterior balcony on nice sunny days. I can't say enough about the staff. They were very attentive and pleasant to be around. The Dersaadet is close to the T1 tram line, the Grand Bazaar, the Palace, Blue Mosque and several other places all being about a 10 min walk up the narrow streets where you get to mix with the locals. I never had a worry about safety, even when coming in at 2 AM, At one point we got lost on the narrow streets but still felt safe. Even the Morning Prayer at 6:30ish was not too bad, and after being in the city you get used to hearing it. My only complaint, if I had one was the WiFi didn't work too well on the roof, but it did perform well in the room. I definitely would, and have recommended the Dersaadet to the locals who may have friends or family visiting. I’ve already recommended it to friends who have trips planned to Istanbul in the spring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Superb hotel for a city trip to Istanbul. Location, service, rooms... everything is 100% perfect. Best value for money! The stuff is very friendly and helpful. The most exciting rooms are the ones with view to the Marmamr Sea. The only thing you have to like, is the cry of the muezzin at 6:00 a.m. ;-)

Room Tip: Seaside view!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My partner and I went to Istanbul for a 4 night mini-break. We stayed at the Dersaadet Hotel; it's a lovely small hotel with a terrific location and splendid staff. Highly recommended. Many thanks to Busra and the rest of the team. Jim & Susie.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We really enjoyed our 3-night stay at the Dersaadet. They greet you with cay and lokum in the lobby while you check in. The staff were very helpful when we had questions about where to go etc. They also offer free simit in the lobby all day long. The whole place feels like it's run by real people and not just a cookie cutter box hotel.
I thought our room was really cute! It is pretty close to a couple of mosques and you will probably get woken up by the call to prayer. For me that's part of the charm of being here, but I imagine some folks won't like that. Otherwise it was a very quiet location yet just a couple minutes' walk to the blue mosque, sultanahamet tram etc.
We had complimentary washing mitts and pumice stones in the bathroom, not just the usual shampoo etc. one of the few hotels in Turkey where we stayed that had a tub not just a shower.
Only complaint was that the coffee was really weak, both at breakfast and one afternoon when we bought a coffee at the hotel bar. The breakfast wasn't the most lavish we experienced on our trip but everything was fresh and tasty, with pleasant views of the Bosporus.
I would definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time in Istanbul and this great little gem of a hotel.

We felt at home the one we walked into the hotel. Our room was very nice with a great view. On our last day, we were upgraded to an even nicer room. The staff even moved our luggage for us.

Each and every member of the staff was warm and friendly and went out of their way to help us when we needed anything or had any questions.

The location was great and close to all the major attractions.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again on my next trip to Istanbul.

Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very nice small hotel, located 5 minutes ago from the blue mosque! From the roof terrace you have a wonderful view to the Marmara Sea! The staff is totally helpfull and friendly and if you require something, it is no problem to get it! We really felt very comfortable and will definetely come back! Only one thing: the coffe could be better;-))

Room Tip: We had a normal room on the third floor with Seaview! Was very good!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The wonderful staff at Dersaadet Hotel is like no other. I am General Manager of a casual Luxury restaurant in NY, I am quite aware of how tiring and difficult the hospitality industry is.

The grace and warmth of the staff is like none other, and I will certainly return once time allows me to cross over the ocean once again. I felt at home as soon as I walked in the door.

The hotel is located near all the sights of the Old City (all within a few minutes walking distance)

I wish only the best for this hotel, as it was an absolute pleasure!

Room Tip: Try to book the room with the Turkish Bath, very lovely.