“Offers everything: value, comfort, service, location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Citadel Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Citadel Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Citadel Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kennedy Caddesi Sahil Yolu No.32 | Ahirkapi, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #172 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Offers everything: value, comfort, service, location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

One of the best waterfront locations in Istanbul with spacious rooms (we had a junior suite with sitting room and verandah with a fantastic view of the Bosphorous and Sea of Miramar) and within easy walking distance of the Sultanahmet landmarks. Features a nicely appointed patio cafe and bar, indoor cafe and quite lovely banquet rooms. The rooms are nicely appointed and extremely clean with very nice amenities offered, e.g. bathrobes, shower scrubs, good quality toiletries, razor and toothbrushes. More than one often gets at higher starred hotels.

The hotel offers and very extensive breakfast with hot and cold selections, omelette and waffle station and lots of fruit, juices and coffee. Front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This was a really, really nice hotel stay.

The only negative I can think of is that this 3 storey hotel does not have an elevator which may pose a problem for those with mobility challenges.

Other than that, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: I gather from other reviews that some rooms are on the smallish side. The junior suite wasn't lo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWThePresidentHotel, Genel Müdür at BEST WESTERN Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the hotel management and all the hotel staff, I would like to say that we are always honoured to welcome you to “ BEST WESTERN CITADEL HOTEL’’. I would like to say that our highest priority is to provide you with a memorable and pleasant experience each time you stay in our hotel. We will do our best in order to serve your needs in the way that will meet and exceed your expectations. Being a BEST WESTERN Hotel which is a part of the BEST WESTERN Hotels’ chain, in order to maintain our quality of service and products, our guests’ satisfaction is taken into consideration immediately.

Thank you for your kindly feedback, thank you for your attention and giving time to write a feedback at tripadvisor. We are honored.

We appreciate for giving us an opportunity of hosting you. We look forward your next arrival, we are pleased & honored serving you.

ISTANBUL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed only one night and can only applaud the location overlooking the water and close to all the important tourist sites but hotel is very dated with heavy dark wood furniture, heavy tapestry curtains that have seen better days and a carpet that needs replacing asap. The staff was nice enough although the night reception employee did seem to be so asleep when I left at 7 am that he forgot to help me with my luggage. They did pack breakfast for me- a cup of coffee and a pastry- for the road, which I did appreciate later. I chose this hotel for its proximity to the very early morning ferry to Bandirma and it served its purpose with a spectacular view from my second floor balcony room.

Room Tip: choose higher floor with sea view for quieter room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Schomberg, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed three nights in this hotel. The location is wonderful and provides easy walking to the attractions in old Istanbul. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. The rooms are spotless, quiet and very comfortable and the included breakfast is fresh and plentiful.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the road side, and it was totally quiet. Great windows and sound-proofing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Location of the hotel was spectacular, very calming and relaxing place for a quiet visit for Istanbul, and the cafe and restaurant of the hotel had a very beautiful view, very close to the most important and beautiful landmarks of Istanbul-Old city which are "The Blue Mosque", "Aya Sofia", "Eygyption Bazaar", and "The Grand Bazaar". Moreover, the exceptional Reception Clerk Mr.Turkur SUBASI for being a friendly and a very good guide to whatever you ask.

Room Tip: Sea Side view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I just recently stayed at this beautiful hotel, checked in on 27/8/2012. As soon as I arrived the view of the bosphoros was incredible. Great location amazing views and walking distance to grand bazaar, hagia sofia and blue mosque Wich are all located at sultan Ahmet. Using back door of hotel only takes 15 mins at the most to reach your desired destination. All rooms were well equipped thoroughly cleaned and well air conditioned to suit istanbuls highly humid weather during summer. Yes the rooms may be a little small but nothing to complain about especially if your there for sight seeing and touring Istanbul as you won't be spending to much time there. All staff speak English very well and are so kind and helpful. Food was amazing especially breakfast was my favourite! Restaurant and breakfast sitting area is just mesmerizing as you get to enjoy the beautiful view and sea breeze of the Marmara right there infront of you listening to the water :) I will definitely recommend this place to all family and friends. Thankyou so much all staff at cidadel hotel for your great service and hospitality hope to see you all again one day in one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. Istanbul!!! I could say so much more thankyou again!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

In general this is the second times sating in the hotel and during that period I was interesting and spent enjoying time at hotel

Also I would like to take the opportunity to extend my great thanks to the Front Office Manager Mr. Turker SUBASI whom was facilitating my journey over the clock.

Also I will not forget the Night maintenance engineer for his support

Thanks and Best Regards

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWThePresidentHotel, Ön Büro Müdürü at BEST WESTERN Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013

ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were brought to that restaurant by our guide tour of Istanbul. Turkey is known by serving amazing food. Having lived in the Middle East for many years , I expected , at least a nice doner lunch. The food they brought to our table ( we were about 75-100 people) was the worst food I have ever ate - the thinnest pieces of beef were dry as if had been cooked and cut the day before. This was served with mashed potatoes and white rice. Since when turkish eat doners with mashed potatoes ( which was already cold). The salad came in a pool of oil and vinegar, and to finalize instead of serving us with Good Turkish Backlava ( the best in the world) , they served us with watermelon and melon.
I advise people coming on cruises , ask before which restaurant you'll have lunch. Do not agree with Citadel. Even the doner at the Sultanameht plaza would be much tastier!!!!

Room Tip: N/A- I WAS NEVER A GUEST OF THE HOTEL ; I do not have comments about the rooms; only the restaurant
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Citadel Hotel? Share your experiences!