My experience of this hotel was one of complete excellence. From the very second you enter the exquisiteness of the front lobby area/reception you are hit by the sheer grandeur of the ornaments and decoration that greet you. This area is beautifully kept and there is no sight of any rubbish or dirt, it is simply immaculate.
The receptionist we were greeted by spoke brilliant English and helped us in every single way we requested. He then summoned another man to help us with our luggage who personally escorted us up to our room. Where he then told us all we needed to know.
The room was beautiful (503), on the large side for the executive suites I think and the bathroom was great as well. A large bathtub with 'jet' features and a good shower built in. There was a hair-dryer in our bathroom and many things came complimentary, including the usual: Shampoo, conditioner but furthermore things like razors, toothbrush & paste was available from reception at no extra cost. Also this applied to adaptors as we, rather stupidly, forgot to pack ours.
The food we ordered was exquisitely cooked and presented on the first night, the other nights we decided to sample the local restaurants.
The breakfast was nice, but nothing too special. there was a good selection however, with some cooked 'things' is the only way I can describe them. Some tasted brilliant, some not so much sadly, but that was probably my taste more than anything. A plethora of cold offerings were always presented in a charming way, including: Yoghurt, cheeses & pastries.
Another lovely little addition was the inclusion of a laptop at the reception area which had internet connectivity and was free of charge for guests at the hotel. This, although not that much, was a much needed commodity for us in particular. This allowed us to web check-in for our flights and they helped us to print our boarding passes off. They were very helpful in this department.
One receptionist, over our short four day stay, became quite well-known to us and I for one am glad he did. his name is 'Can Tekin' and he is one of the loveliest people you will ever met in the hotel trade. His English is exquisite and so is his small talk. We had talked to him a lot and he became quite friendly with us over our stay, he even remembered our name and greeted us personally. But, whilst waiting for our airport transfer taxi we had a lovely chat with him. He told us all about what he had done in the past few years and the several jobs he had. Less of an employee talking to guests but two friends catching up. Words cannot begin to describe how alluring he was to us, the stay was bettered by this, if that were possible. Nothing was ever too much trouble for any member of staff.
One final thought that has stayed with me here is the service. Whilst me & my mother were browsing on the computer in the lobby a man, whose name I never got, always brought us complimentary apple tea within a few minutes of us sitting down. He was also equally as exceptional and a stunning asset to our visit.
In summary, a beautiful hotel with even better staff to help you out.
ENJOY YOUR VISIT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully renovated historical mansion, this luxury hotel comprises a total of 22 Suites spread over 5 floors and located in the centre of Sultanahmet facing the Marmara Sea, Hagia Sophia, and Blue Mosque. 24-hour reception desk, concierge,currency exchange facility, laundry services and lift. There is also an air-conditioned a la carte restaurant, conference room. Complimentary Internet access (WLAN) as well as Health Club, Fitness Center, Turkish Hamam, Steam Room, Sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Best Western PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Acropol Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Premier Acropol Suites And Spa
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western