“One night stopover :-)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yesilyurt Mah. Sahil Yolu Cad. No:2 Yesilkoy, Bakirkoy, Istanbul 34149, Turkey (Ataturk Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #319 of 911 hotels in Istanbul
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“One night stopover :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped over 1 night at this hotel as we where off loaded from a BA flight that we where due to travel on. Check in was smooth and fast and I was allocated a room that had two queen beds. Bathroom was nice and clean however the bath was one of those with a enclosed shower screen and it did feel close and small, it may have been a three quarter bath. Overall the room layout was good and there was a fair set of TV channels to watch. Bed was nice and comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The bar had a live band in the main area and in my view was a bit too loud and took away from the fact that the bar area was quite a attractive large place to be. Overall a good solid hotel about 15 minutes away from the airport on a good run. However please note that this hotel may not be suitable for you if you are interested in seeing the sites as there are a number of better options centrally located.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments, we are delighted that we met your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us in Istanbul.

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Lake District
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great staff.

Stayed there for a couple of conferences in 2012.

The higher rooms have a great view of the sea, if you are on the right side of the hotel.

Rooms pleasant and comfortable.

Bar a bit too dark & dingy for my liking.

Pools & gym great.

Shops in the basement mall a bit pricey, probably due to the fairly captive audience.

Food OK not brilliant, but this is often the case on conference rates, I find.

Conference facillities good, but internet slow/patchy if relying on things like skype.
Conference support staff excellent as are the rest of the venue staff.

Not much else in the locality, a couple of shops and bars/resturants.

A bit of a haul into town from here but not too far, 20-30 mins in a taxi.
(Can be much longer, depending on time of day!)

10 mins from Ataturk airport.
Shuttle bus available, bookable at reception

Quiet location though.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and for the nice comments. I am glad that we have met most of your expectations and wanted to let you know that I shared your review with all our team.

Our pricing and the speed of internet are in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truely sorry.

We appreciate the time spent on this review and certainly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Best Regards,

Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you are looking for a safe and secure place to stay in Istanbul, near the airport, with full American style space, comfort, and service, this is your place. The Renaissance Polat is everything you expect from a high end Marriott property. It was a bit of a shock when my taxi was stopped and searched before being allowed in, and then having to pass through airport like x-ray and metal detectors. For many though, this level of security is a comfort. I had no complaints, and certainly nor worries.

The staff is phenomenal, willing to help in any way they can. The concierge on Club Level was willing make dinner reservations (as my Turkish is non-existence) and map out directions to the local train station. The full Turkish breakfast included on Club Level was amazing, with a selection of pastries, fruits and vegetables, cheeses, and more.

The Turkish bath in the spa, as well as the pool and Jacuzzi, make for a wonderful way to unwind at the end of a long day of sight seeing (or meetings).

The only reason I gave this hotel a four instead of a five is the distance from the city center. It is about a half hour by train or taxi, which though not terrible, is not as convenient as walking out the door and being in the city center.

Room Tip: Club level if you can...breakfast, snacks, and great concierge services.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

Thanks Again,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Spent a long weekend at the Polat whilst on business travel to Turkey. This is a very good international 5-star hotel with everything you'd expect of same. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped (a couple more English channels on the TV would be nice though). The main bar is a nice place to be with a good bar menu. I ate at the fish restaurant which was good and the Champions Sports Bar which noisy but fun with good staff. The Polat also has an extremely good gym that puts most hotel gyms to shame and spa facilities that I didn't have time to use.

Minor quirks are that some of the staff can be a little flat-footed at times, but once you have their attention they are all very good...and it's a bit of a haul from the old city...but the train is a short walk and the hotel operates a daily shuttle. They also operate and hourly shuttle to the airport (doesn't work for early morning flights though). Overall I'd rate it very highly.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments with us. I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay at Renaissance Polat İstanbul Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in our Hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

In general quite a good stay as i had a corporate deal for 80 euro per night.

Staff was very nice! The design is kind of nostalgic and a bit old fashioned, but ok. The rooms are very mcht outdated! Pink tiles on the floor in the bathroom and a shower in instabile pressure is not ery comfortable. Also the beds are short.
Airco wasn't working and windows cannot be opened, resultif in not a very good noght of sleep.

The spa is very nice with a good gym, sauna and steambath.

Would stay here again for this price but would ask for a room where the airco is working

• Stayed March 2013
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the feedback you provided will help us assess our services that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have had with the Air Condition.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel does have plus points...
It's close to Ataturk airport, the gym facilities, pool etc are very good but like a few others it's the smoke smelling rooms which is my real bugbear.
Everything else is 'fine', nothing special, just average. Certainly not the jewel in the Renaissance crown.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are delighted that we met your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us in Istanbul.

Erfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

With a flight schedule meaning a very late arrival in Istanbul after an inter-continental flight, and an early flight out of Istanbul scheduled for the next day, I selected this higher-end hotel as a convenient, reliable and comfortable way of getting a few hours sleep. This presumption turned out to be a big mistake.

After arriving at the hotel, I was made to wait more than 15 minutes for the staff on duty to finish what sounded like a personal call. I was then informed that my room had been given away to another customer and that they had tried to reach me on my mobile phone (there was no voicemail message left or missed calls). I was then informed that they had made arrangements for me at another very nice hotel with an upgraded room. I was taken by taxi to a different hotel about 10 minutes away which was nowhere near the supposed "standard" of the Renaissance. I was given a very basic room that had an unbearable smell of smoke, despite the room being designated as non-smoking. I then was moved to a different room where the room key did not work so I had to go back down to the lobby. At around 3.30 am, I finally made it to bed and had 2 hours sleep instead of the 4 or 5 I would have had if the Renaissance had not demonstrated its total lack of regard for its customers.

Since the stay, I contacted Marriott Customer Service. I received a very half-hearted response from the hotel manager, offering me an upgrade when I next stayed at the hotel. I expressed my dissatisfaction at this response to Marriott, and why I had no intention of paying for such a hotel after the inconvenience previously caused, and received a second half-hearted apology.

When previously thinking of Renaissance hotels, I envisaged them as being in the premium range of the Marriott collection and as a Gold Member of Marriott Rewards I had expected a certain level of customer service and satisfaction. My stay at this hotel changed this opinion completely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel? Share your experiences!