“great hotel, impeccable taste, stanning views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul

You added The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Suzer Plaza, Askerocagi Caddesi, No:6 | Elmadag/Sisli, Istanbul 34367, Turkey   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #74 of 938 Hotels in Istanbul
Moscow, Russia
“great hotel, impeccable taste, stanning views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

hotel is located in business center which looks a little bit questionalble in this part of Istanbul - it's a black shining tower which absolutely does't match with architectural style of the district. Ritzs has several floors (0-15) of the tower, the rest belongs to business center and luxury apartments. What i didn't like is that you basicall cannot walk to the hotel - better be in a car - as tower stands on the hill and you have long and uncomfortable walk if you climb down or you have to walk up on the pandus when you come from embankment. Inside you have luxurious lobby, nice bar etc. Breakfast room is nice, but breakfast itself is rich, but nothing very special. View is not very good from breakfast room. Service is fine. I actually didn;t like that much service from concierge and portier (they looked helpful and smiling, but not very sincere and hospitable - you see what i mean, you don;t really feel yourself welcomed). Rooms are really great - taste, design, bedding is fabulous. I had bosphorus view and it was really nice..especially you may enjoy your view from the bed. From services: we have rented a private boat to travel to Princess islands. It worked, but was too expensive, boat was not exactly we were promised, crew was okay. Finally the walk was very fine, but you always feel yourself chitted. SPA is good, pool is quite big. BTW only pool is the shared zone for men and women, steamrooms and saunas are separated. I have feet massage, it was good, but not exeptional. Overall impression was very good, but it was more related to the city itself.

Room Tip: of course you shall ask for higher-floors and with view to bosphorus.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel is very luxury and perfect. Great stay, big rooms, great views from the window, excellent bed, fantastic bathroom with everything served to you. The best breakfast ever had. Excellent service. Top ranking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Bosphorus. The view is enchanting.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was my first time Istanbul and I decided to stay at the Ritz. It was a great experience.
Service was great, staff was super nice and cannot say enough about them; for example, I actually drop my new phone in the taxi and the staff working in the front door somehow got it back. I don’t how they did it but the taxi driver was back in an hour with my phone, amazing. Also, the rooms are very nicely decorated, the food was very good and view from the hotel is unbelievable. Also, I wanted to especially thank the concierges; Filiz Kirmizigul and Menekse Goker. They were super helpful and in my short time, I was able to check out important sites in Istanbul. Overall, great experience and I higher recommend the Ritz to all.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Firstly We are genuine visitors not some made up story teller.
We stayed in a few hotels in different countries (Hilton,The Address,Sheraton,swissotel,marriott and so on......)I feel The Ritz tops. We came to Istanbul for our romantic holiday to get away from work stress etc just to have our "ME" time,we weren't disappointed.
The Ritz Istanbul is just where to be to remind you of why you work so hard and what pampering is all about,We were met by the door men so polite and helpful scanned the bags etc and another 2 ushers,lead us to the reception(nice clean elegant lobby)my wife already had her eyes glowing with joy,in no time we were checked in offered us tea and Turkish delights ,Then escorted to our Deluxe suite,it was just what i needed,Excellent just perfect you just feel at home,the food the service ........everything about THE RITZ-CARLTON ISTANBUL is just as you always would want it to be Class with Excellence wrapped with comfort topped with that romantic touch!!!!!!! WE RECOMMEND IT.

Room Tip: We had the Deluxe suite so i recommend it
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I've stayed here on a number of occassions and would go back everytime. The service is excellent - they genuinely seem to take a personal interest in you from the moment you walk through the door.
The rooms are decorated very nicely and well thought out.
The one downside on this trip was there was an outdoor concert close to the hotel that went late into the night that can be heard from the rooms.
Aside from this, you really can't go wrong staying at the Ritz in Istanbul.

Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We spent the night at the Ritz prior to our Bodrum trip.
The Ritz is the Ritz. From the moment you step into the hotel you feel it.
The service and care we received was on par for their standards. English speaking staff were helpful.
Unlike other reviews, I thought the location was great. We did walk to outdoor market and surrounding local businesses (even got a Turkish cut and shave). I said, we only spent the night and wish we had more time to explore.
The rooms are well appointed (forget which room we had but very nice bathroom) and clean. My room had a view of the Besiktas soccer stadium, if there were a game I'd be able to watch the match right form the room!
We felt verry comfortable. Top notch.

I want to make another trip to Bodrum at some point in my life and this will be another stop.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stay in hotels all around the world as I travel every week. I am fortunate to normally stay in 5 star hotels. The quality of rooms varies from good to excellent and the quality of service varies from poor to excellent. I have stayed in five or six other 5 star hotels in Istanbul but only when the Ritz Carlton has no rooms, not through choice. The Ritz Carlton staff give the best service of any hotel I stay in. From the moment one arrives and is greeted by the doorman, to the receptionist, the porter, the bar staff, the restaurant staff, the concierge, the management, the nice people who service my room everyone, without exception gives a great service. They do not just react to my needs but anticipate them.
This week my suitcase did not arrive at Ataturk and I felt relaxed knowing that the RC concierge was managing the situation. I was kept informed of the status of my missing luggage until it was safely delivered to my room.
This view of the RC is shared by many of my colleagues who are also frequent travellers.
The Ritz Carlton Istanbul is simply the best.
Stewart Pirnie

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul? Share your experiences!