“One of the finest small hotels anywhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uyan Hotel

You added Uyan Hotel to your Saves list
Uyan Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Utangac Sokak No 25 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #155 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“One of the finest small hotels anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I landed in Istanbul on April 10 and since I had booked direct with the hotel, I was picked up at the airport in a nice shuttle van. My 3 nights stay was in a fine clean room with a very nice breakfast included. Every member of the staff was helpful and very professional. My luggage was lost by Turkish Air until found on the 24th and they contacted the hotel even though I had changed the contact information when I left Istanbul for Antalya on the 23th. The hotel staff sent me an email and I was able to get the luggage on the 29th to return home. The location is perfect as it is about 300 meters from the Blue Mosque and more with close access to the tram. If I ever return to Istanbul, I will book this hotel well in advance as I couldn't get a room upon my return to come home.

Room Tip: The front for a view of the street activity.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

our family of four, two adults and two kids, stayed here for one night in late april. i agree with all the great reviews this hotel gets. very clean. staff very helpful. and you cant beat the location. less than 5 min walk to blue mosque and hagia sophia. it's right in the heart of sultanahmet area. breakfast is good, and roof top gives spectacular view.
very safe area to walk around in the evening with family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Uyan for 4 nights in mid April. We had a small room on the fourth floor that was quiet, clean and light. The room looked out onto one of the domes of the women's hamam that was part of Hagia Sophia. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were good.

The best thing about Hotel Uyan is its location. One minute from the two great mosques and close to the tram stop for Sultanahmet.

All in all a classy place in the heart of the Old City.

• Stayed April 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here only one night, only because I couldn't reserve more time (hotel was full). The one night was very nice, and I would certainly stay here again. The staff was professional and helpful, and the room was comfortable. I highly recommend spending time on the roof terraces for coffee or tea, as the views of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia are impressive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very central location, few steps from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia
The hotel is located in not modern building, with beautiful furniture
Service standard: I had to start in the early morning and they give me a cup of tea and a sandwich nothing special and without kindness
Beautiful rooms, sometimes noisy, maintenance to improve

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Because we stayed for 5 nights the hotel picked us up from the airport which was very handy late at night. Location could not be better - right between Haggia Sohpia and the Blue Mosque, a 5 minute walk to each. The hotel is in a lovely little street with many restaurants, a convenience store on the corner and a travel agent. The rooftop breakfast room was amazing. Apart from the great continental breakfast the views were wonderful. It was worth paying a little extra for a Superior Deluxe room which gave us a bit more space and and windows overloking the street. We booked directly with the hotel via their website and got a discount....maybe because of the length of our stay I'm not sure.
Yes the toilet in the bathroom clogged up a few times and cable conncetion on the tv was iffy but they got fixed and were only small glitches in the wonderful stay. I would definately stay there again and have recommended the place to friends who have also had good experiences there.

Room Tip: Splurge for a street view superior deluxe room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
perth, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I arrived at 9am tired from an overnight flight ex Singapore and was invited to have breakfast, and wash and was then shown where to change money a short walk away, with apologies because my room was not ready! ( I had just hoped to leave my bag!)
I thought breakfast was great, a choice of cereals, local breads, cheeses, meats, olives, yoghurt, fresh and dried fruits, preserves, juice, tea, coffee etc, what more could one want?
I loved the hotel being so close to the Blue Mosque, though I would recommend a very early visit to avoid crowds.I was awed by Hagia Sophia, enjoyed shopping and the trip on the Bosphorus and recommend an organised tour to the Palace for info and to avoid queues. Coming back to my little room as a solo traveller was always welcoming and restful..like being in a gracious guesthouse. Best of all I was there at the end of Ramamdan and after delicious traditional lentil soup and lamb in the cafe opposite and a walk among the couples and families admiring the illuminated mosques at 9pm I wandered to over to the back of the Whirling Dervish cafe for a cool drink...there 3 musicians arrived and began to play and to my surprise a young man in dervish robes appeared .I watched for 2 hours..I will definitely be coming back to Istanbul with my partner and will definitely be staying at Hotel Uyan.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Uyan Hotel? Share your experiences!