“A prison with attitude...Thumbs up” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Teyfikhane Sok No 1 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 917 hotels in Istanbul
Langkawi, Malaysia
“A prison with attitude...Thumbs up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The four seasons at Sultanahmet location is very convenient because it is located in the old city of Istanbul. Every attraction or point of interest is with an arm reach including the grand bazaar and the Topkaki palace...etc. I love the idea of Four Seasons converting the old city's prison into a hotel I just love the rooms, spacious bathroom, lovely view and great service .You can't go wrong with the four seasons I guess wherever you go , the front desk staff are very helpful so as the restaurant staff too. I had the best experience at this hotel and I really recommend it because of its location the warmth and friendliness of the staff and the amazing service they provide.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear zakovic,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

When we arrive to Sultanahmet over 16 years ago. I was feeling a bit strange at the begining as we were converting an old prison into a Hotel. But like you soon after I arrived, the energy was great and I thought that the idea was fantastic.

Thank you very much for coming and staying with us and for being so kind to write about us. If I may ever be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

No wonder this is consistently ranked in the top 25 hotels in the world. I have stayed all over the world in Four Seasons and other high end hotels and i can tell you the FS in Sultanhamet offers one the best experiences ever. The hotel is in a fantastic location in the old city. What makes the hotel so special is the service. The front desk accommodated every request we had. The dining staff was so good that they anticipated certain likes or dislikes we had from the night before. The rooms are spacious and in perfect condition. We asked for certain amenities (e.g. soft pillows) before we arrived and plenty of soft pillows are in our room upon our arrival. I can't say enough great things about the hotel. One just has to experience it.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Hagia Sophia are wonderful.
Dear neilw360,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. Please forgive me if I do not want to believe that we are at the top of the Hotels in the world. I always believe that the best efforts of the climber are while going up, once he reaches the top... The only way is down.

What I do know, is that I and the entire team in the Hotel are very thankful to you, for your kind words and appreciation. We were and are very lucky to count you as our guest.

If I may ever be of any assistance to you whtin Four Seasons or Istanbul please please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had 3 nights stay and it was marvelous, we have been to the same hotel last year and was great .. But this time was more memorable experience.
We were amazes, that they recognized us at the gate, they gave us the keys to the room immediately, we did not wait a minute in the lobby, they knew us by name, recognized.
The rooms... what to say.. Four seasons.. Cannot say more.
Housekeeping is amazing; this hotel is so special in my opinion.
We had a premium room.. And it worth it.
Also,,, main point is this hotel in the heart of the attractions of Istanbul.. you would not need a taxi for 2 days just to move around.
I can say lots more... but .. i would recommend this hotel as the best luxury hotel with no reservations.
Aha… do not forget the shoeshine service.. the best in the world, your expensive shoes that you are so careful about will return like new..

Room Tip: if you can pay for it.. go for the premium room.. usually it is in a corner with great view.. do no...
Dear navigator0,

My name is Felix Murillo, I ma the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. We have been making an effort to ensure that the guests that return do not have to go through the check in process, and I am so so happy that you noticed it and appreciated. Thank you very much.

You have been very kind to us and I really, on behalf of each and every employee of the Hotel, thank you for it. If I may ever be of any assistance to you please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com..

Yours Respectfully,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service was EXCELLENT They were very attentive and made our stay super enjoyable. For example, they had some toys already in the room for our daughter when we arrived as well as a baby bed ready to go before we arrived. The quality of the hotel and the food are excellent as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear gio c,

You are so kind on your comments.When you right the word Excellent!. It makes me feel great and yet. I want to make sure that we do not believe it. We will always be as good as our last guest feeling. And I am thinking of all the guests that we have now that how they are doing.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Istanbul, please let me know. My name is Felix Murillo and I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a big fan of Four Seasons hotels we were looking forward to staying based on the glowing reviews and it did not disappoint. What placed this hotel into a 'magical' category is the fact that you can feel the sense of history simply by walking around the grounds. It's fun to think that you are staying in an old prison - how different it must have been! The grounds are beautifully kept and the courtyard is a haven in Istanbul.

As the hotel is so small, you get a real sense of intimacy, like you are staying in a beautiful home. The architecture is stunning and the attention to detail in the interior design is second to none. It was all very soothing and thoroughly relaxing. As for the room, it was my favourite out of any city hotel in the world - high ceilings, tasteful furniture and great views out to the Blue Mosque. Let's not forget the service - it was superb, especially the gracious welcome when we arrived.

Thanks to all of the staff for making our stay so memorable. This is one of the best.

Dear FourSeasonsFanUK,

You are very welcome! We are very thankfull to you for having decided to come to our Hotel. At first sight it must have not been so enticing to come to what it was a prison one day. And now an expensive Hotel.

In a way, I must also be a fan of Four Seasons: After 20 years in the company and 11 different destinations, there is something else than a job. I was here already when we open the doors, actually way before, after I went to other properties and then return to Istanbul. What a great feeling!

Thank you very very much for writting about us, for your beautiful comments. If I may ever be of any assistance in your travels within Four Seasns or Istanbul please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm not kidding. I've stayed in lots of nice hotels, including several other Four Seasons, and this is just a really special place. I had stayed here ten years ago, and it always stood out in my mind, so when we planned a return trip to Istanbul, I booked it. We checked in at night, and I looked around the room and thought, "well, this is certainly nice, but I don't see why I remember it as being so outstanding - it's just another nice hotel." When we woke up in the morning, I remembered. There is something really magical about breakfast in the courtyard with the sun streaming in. No matter what the weather (I was there the first time in June and the second in March), the birds are chirping, the plants are fragrant, and even indoors, the sunlight is lovely. The service, also, is impeccable - you are made to feel honored and treasured, and they really will do anything for you. The location is the best you could ask for, and it is an oasis of calm in a city that can get a little dirty and chaotic. Highly, highly recommend this one.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, which was actually street level. It wasn't a big deal, but in hinds...
Dear JFS190,

May I start by saying that God bless the baby in your hands in the picture of your profile!

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, and I know that your comment about us will be with me in my memory for a long time. I wil treasure the feelings you express. Thank you. Please if I may ever be of any help, please let me know (felix.murillo@fourseasons.com).

Respectfully,

Kiev
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is fantastic hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and freidly. The level of service is really at the level of what we would expect from such a hotel. And the location is just perfect! To sum up, it was the perfect choice for us to stay in Istanbul and to wlk in this wonderful city. I absolutely recommend as the probably best hotel if you want to stay in the center and enjoy this wonderful city

Dear polokiev,

Thank you very much for your nice comment about us and the team here. I really appreciate your note and it means a lot to all of us. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Please if I may ever be of any assistance to you within Istanbul or Four Seasons please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@forseasons.com

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet? Share your experiences!