“Great staff, comfortable entrance hall!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet

You added Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Teyfikhane Sok No 1 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Suite Special
Ranked #2 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
Civita Castellana, Italy
“Great staff, comfortable entrance hall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I didn't even stay here, but I had a wonderful experience a few weeks ago while waiting at 6am in the snow for my shuttle bus (which just happened to pick me up in front of the Four Seasons Hotel in Sultanahmet). After after 5 minutes of waiting in the snow, the doormen asked me if I wanted to come inside and wait for my bus in the lounge. Cold and unable to refuse, I took advantage of the warm, well-decorated entrance hall. The staff even offered me free coffee, tea, and pastries-- and I wasn't even a guest! When my shuttle bus was late, the doormen waited by the door and flagged down the bus when it finally came around. They definitely made my morning more comfortable! If I ever have enough money to stay the night here, I definitely will!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear kpontar1,

How special to read your comments!
I am specially happy because we always say that we genuinly care. Thank you for sharing this. You know you could have kept that foryourself or think, "oh! I did not stay why should I write" but you took the time and do it. Thank you.

What could we do better! help me. I noticed that you left one of the little green round dots empty.

I really would look forward for you to stay with us one day. Please let me know how I may be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Because of the exceptional characters, the property was memorable in many ways.
Perhaps because of the favorable reviews and good ranking on the net, the rooms (especially in lower priced range) sold out quickly and we could only stay for one (1) night.
As we were to arrive in the morning to the hotel, earlier than 3pm regular check-in time, we asked to leave our luggages before check-in, in response to the reminder e-mail of our expected arrival time to the hotel. Smiling team of hotel staff then accommodated by offering a prepared room before noon, explaining the history and details of the hotel, town, etc. which were entertaining.
We stayed on Xmas day, so the atmosphere was probably very merry and family-like, also among the guests.

We enjoyed the interior decoration (cheeful and tasteful with fresh plants, holiday theme, high ceiling, spacious and quiet rooms in the heart of historical hotspot), carefully prepared breakfast, and hospitality of staff who do not forget to refer to you by name. However, when we asked the man with concierge badge for the info on "James Bond tour" mentioned on the hotel's website with its heading at the bottom of the top page ("Those interested can take a special James Bond tour of Istanbul through a number of local groups and guides. It’s both an opportunity to pay homage to a movie icon as well as see how the city has evolved in the last 40 years. If that sounds like too big of a commitment, head over to the Four Seasons Istanbul at Sultanhment and grab a drink (may we suggest a martini – shaken, not stirred?) on the terrace. On a clear day, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and more are all visible from the rooftop. Mr. Bond would be proud."), we were met with brief responses that there was no such tour, with phrases "No," "Wrong information," "Different hotel," which did not form a sentence, even though I insisted that I saw the description on the hotel's website. The man didn't seem to feel the need or the urge to make efforts to check with the website or ask for further information in looking into the matter, so one wondered if there were any license complications, etc. hindering any association with the hit movie, etc. I undestood that there was no special info to be offered as I double-checked with the charming receptionist who told me that she never heard about the 007 themes, etc. I also wondered the intention behind the lengthy info on the website if the hotel did not feel the need to address any info it offered, and felt sympathy for the probably wrongly accused inmates who inhabited the premises decades earlier. As the rooftop bar was closed down in a winter cold weather, one also wished for a chance to try that particular "shaken" drink, too.

Well, hope this experience was only an "exceptional" one in this one and only establishment...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Uzuri,

You are so right, no matter what we face, our answer should have never been short and dissuasive. We have gone through it this morning with the front team and Concierge. I am sorry.

I am happy otherwise that we were able to recuperate a bit by showing care and that we were sincere in a situation that you arrive early and we look for the way to accommodate you. We know that the check in times serve as an orientation for the guest arriving and the guest departing nevertheless I am happy to see that we do give all the importance to the guests coming in that may have travelled quite a bit and if we have a room ready we do not wait to prepare it for you.

Please when you return let me know. It is true that the Hotel has only 65 rooms and we tend to be more full than anything else but I would love to be of assistance if I may. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

There is little to find wrong with the hotel, from the rooms, to the service to the food, to the location. The only challenge, frankly, was, on my second visit to the city, to find a room there. A most pleasant oasis to return to after a long, hot, dusty day exploring Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear pcinbk,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. Thank you very much for your coment for your review and for being so graceful to us. It means a lot.

Because we only have 65 rooms we are easily filling, I guess that also gives us a discrete environment. Please let me know in the future if you were to return how I may be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is magnificent!! It is located in the heart of the city, near major attractions. The rooms are spacious, and no detail has been overlooked. The service is exceptional. I ordered some extra cream to make coffee in my room, and room service brought an entire pot of coffee, cream and sugar, free of charge! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Good:
- perfect location to explore old Istanbul, walking distance from the 3 main sites in Istanbul: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace
- very comfortable luxurious rooms
- very intimate
- very friendly staff
- The fitness area with the sauna is great
- The spa and massage therapist are very very good
- definitely 5*+ luxury - well worth it

Bad:
- Restaurant is a bit disappointing...food is ok but not as great as I thought. The price also comparably is way too expensive
- Prices for everything else are very high (as expected from such a Hotel)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent Lakes, N.Y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here last fall at the end of a terrific cruise on Oceania. Our TA arranged for a big upgrade, and we had a small suite with a balcony overlooking the former jail yard, which is marvelously gardened now. The rooms were very handsome and the service impeccable, as you might expect. You should also expect to pay $15 (or was it Euros?) to press out a suit.

The roof cafe at sunset is a must do. The neighborhood is very walkable and teeming with tourist restaurants and fun. The night we dined at the hotel was rather disappointing, something the hotel should address.

For longer stays you would probably be better situated across the Horn, in more contemporary Istanbul. For our short first stay, this was nearly perfect.

Room Tip: Our rooms facing the courtyard were tranquil, except for the early call to prayer, for which ear plu...