“Stay here, it can't get better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Teyfikhane Sok No 1 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Suite Special
Ranked #5 of 900 hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stay here, it can't get better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The Four Seasons at Sultanahmet was one of the high points of our stay at Istanbul. They were in touch with us even before we landed and offered to accommodate our changes of flight and arrival time. The General Manager, Mr. Felix Murillo, was really helpful and always accessible.

Their attention to detail is excellent - one evening, one of the screens in our room did not close completely and they had someone come over within minutes to fix it. The rooms themselves are very well maintained and evoke clear connections with the past. The restaurant is beautiful and the hotel grounds look stunning at night. It is within walking distance of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque and many other attractions and the hotel staff are more than willing to help out with questions and information. They accommodated our every need (delayed luggage, missing stuff) and it was fabulous. We could not have chosen a better place to stay in Istanbul, we sorely missed it when we left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear happy_world_travels,

You are so gracious. Thank you very much.

Your note is very special. I hope I may be of assistance one day again, at any time.

Respectfully,

778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

What an incredibly delightful experience in every way possible -- with the added bonus of being located perfectly in the historic old district. We stayed four night at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. This hotel exceeded every expectation we had from the decor to the staff and dining to the best massage I've ever had. They made excellent recommandations for dining. We wanted to stay forever.

(Forget the Four Season Bosphorous, where we spent two nights late in our stay in Turkey. It's huge, overpriced, inconveniently located and looks like a modern business hotel anywhere expect for its terrace directly on the Boshporous.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the interior garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valmarchese,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I look forward to share with the team your review, wiith your permission. Thank you very very much for taking the time and for saying such nice things about the Hotel and the team.

Valmarchese, please if I may ever be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Beautiful Hotel - stunning conversion of an old prison. Restaurant is a must and deserves all the acolades

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tom L,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I promise you that I and the rest of the team will work very hard to be at the level of the wonderfull description you did of the Hotel. Thank you very very much!

Please, if I may ever be of assistance let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and son over the Easter break. It's a fabulous property. The rooms are superbly furnished, with really wonderful bathrooms - no amenity overlooked. For example, the hotel provided an iPad in our room that my son latched onto for the entire visit. The bathroom included both a whirlpool tub and a shower room with a steam setting. The toiletries were Bulgari. We had a suite, which was spacious and big enough to easily accommodate my son in the main living room. The staff were equally wonderful. No request too small to handle. We arranged a guided tour, car service, and a private boat ride through them. Breakfast was a treat, with the usual hotel fare plus local specialties (Turkish breads, cheeses, honeycomb, etc.). We dined in the hotel restaurant one night and also enjoyed that meal. Apart from the sheer fabulousness of the property and service, the hotel is extremely convenient for sightseeing. Definitely a special treat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear americantravelgirl,

During the days that you were with us, I was away of town. It makes me so happy to read your note, thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

Please let me know if in the future I may be of assistance at any time. My direct email address felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Our week at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet capped a five plus week 50th anniversary trip for my wife and me. Our stay in Istanbul, and the Four Seasons in particular, was wonderful. The hotel's location is phenomenal. While there are many other hotels of varying sizes nearby, none comes even close to offering the luxury that the Four Seasons offers. The location cannot be beat if one is interested in the history of Constantinople, the greatest city of the western world for nearly 1,000 years. Within a five minute walk are four of the world's greatest cultural sites - Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofia Museum (1500 year old former Byzantine cathedral and then mosque), the Blue Mosque and the Basilica Cistern. Every one of these is a jaw-dropping experience. Even public transportation - frowned on by the hotel - is within 5 minutes.

Enough about location within a spectacular city. The hotel itself is simply wonderful. Our room was very spacious, although at the bottom of the ladder for price and size. The bathroom is large, elegant, and fully outfitted with absolutely top of the line linens and toiletries. There was morning and evening maid service and fresh fruit and water on a daily basis. Nothing was left out. The hotel is immaculate, heavily staffed, beautifully conceived, and ultra service oriented and worth every penny of the cost, which was high to say the least. My only quibble is that the one dinner we ate there was only OK. On the other hand, we had a delicious lunch at the sister hotel overlooking the Bosphorus. For an impeccable location and great experience, this can't be beat.

Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband booked my son and I into the Istanbul Sultanahmet 4 Seasons because he knew that we would be well taken care of, be extremely comfortable, and feel very safe based on his previous experience. The staff is exceptionally friendly, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. The hotel was a Turkish prison, which is not detectable, but good for humourous stories. The hotel itself is steps away from the Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque, and a relatively easy walk to the Tokapi Palace (1 of the 2 former Sultan's Palaces in Istanbul). The staff just couldn't be more personable or accommodating. Very luxurious and service-oriented and provide a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel is so well appointed that it may be difficult to have a bad room. I don't think that I...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons at Sultanahment 28-29 March 2012 and have to say it was one of the best, if not the best, hotel we've ever been in. We travel extensively for business and pleasure and this hotel was ideal from the staff to the facility to the location. I truly can't say enough positive things about this hotel. Superior, superb, and excellent are the best adjectives I can come up with.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet? Share your experiences!