“An oasis in the midst of tourists and hawkers.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet

You added Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Teyfikhane Sok No 1 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Suite Special
Ranked #3 of 939 Hotels in Istanbul
Granbury, Texas
“An oasis in the midst of tourists and hawkers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We just returned from our second trip to Istanbul. After previously staying in the Taksim area we wanted to stay in the older part and enjoy the Tultanahmet area. The Four Seasons is convenient to every attraction and walking distance to most everything. It's small and intimate and the services, staff and attention to detail that we have come to expect from the Four Seasons did not disappoint. After walking the busy streets and sites, we found that returning to our hotel was like returning to an oasis in the midst of tourists of street hawkers. We treated ourselves to a leisurely and delicious breakfast every morning and enjoyed the courtyard and visiting with our friendly and interesting waitstaff. The "Signature Sultanahmet Massage" is not to be missed! The Four Seasons helped make our trip a delight!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

ultra qualified and friendly staff, in the best location in Istambul...you can walk in few minutes to the Haghia Sofia, the blue Mosque or the Topkapi Palace, even the famous water cistern! comes at a price, though....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear jjjaaa_10,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel for other travelers.

My name is Felix Murillo and I am the General Manager of the Hotel.

With your permission I would like to share your comments with the rest of the team, in particular to show them the importance to always be able to show value for the price that our guests pay to stay with us.

May I leave with you my email address, I would love to be of any assistance should your travels bringş you back to Istanbul. felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially and thank you,

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Boutique style, with an extremely comfortable setting in a historic building that's newly restored without losing its essential elements, located in the center of the action where you're literally a walking distance from everywhere

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I took my mother to Istanbul for her first visit there, and she tipped into heart failure the morning after we landed - just outside the hotel. The staff rushed her to the nearest hospital, in the General Managers own car, and stayed with me at the hospital interpreting and helping me arrange her treatment. They saved her life! The hotel was there for me through the whole trip, advising, offering top class assistance and managed the whole ordeal in an empathetic, caring and truly 5 star manner. The food was excellent, the staff unbelievable and the support they offered me far surpassed my expectations. I will no doubt visit again with my mother when she is better, and can recommend this hotel to anyone visiting istanbul for the first time. It is close to the main historical sites, and there are many places to eat within walking distance. Do visit!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
How special is to see your comment in Trip Advisor!.
I had shared it with the team and it brought up emotions all around the employees.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have no words to describe our impressions about the hotel. Maybe just one word... is perfect! The hotel is located (as you have guessed) at Sultanahmet, where you can dive in the atmosphere of old Istanbul, just in 2 minutes from Aigha Sophia and Topkapi. The hotel staff is an example to follow - friendly, effective, professional. It was our first stay at Istanbul and at Four Seasons Hotel chain at all, but we've got room upgrade on arrival. The room we've got was excellent. So, the staff tries to use any opportunities to satisfy the clients. You can ask me - Is it pricey? No, it is not pricey - I'll answer to you. It is insanely expensive! But if you would like to know what does it mean "perfect", you would spend some money to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet at least for two or three days.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Service exemplary just as you would expect from a Four Seasons.
Beautiful room overlooking courtyard
Really enjoyed the heritage of the building

Good location

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear thellovetravelbird,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your kind rating and comments to the Trip Advisor. It is very nice to see that you took the time to write something for other travellers.

If I may be of assistance in the future please let me know at any time. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

What a wonderful little hotel, the smallest Four Seasons I have stayed in. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The location is perfect in seeing the most important sightseeing locations. Great attention to detail and always able to fill special requests. We called the front desk to ask where we could get a contact lens case and they went out, found one, and delivered it to us within 20 minutes. Also when the manager of the room service found out it was our last day, he personally brought up a plate of Turkish delights for us to take home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear tamiraesong,

Thank you very much for your kindness, for taking the time to write in Trip Advisor about us so gracefully. You made our day!

With your permission I would love to share your comments with the rest of the team, specially with our Front Office Team and with Onur from Room Service.

Please let me know how I may be of assistance at any time. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Felix

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet? Share your experiences!