“Value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Side Hotel and Pension

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Side Hotel and Pension
You added Side Hotel and Pension to your Saves list
Utangac Sok. No 20, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #238 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
Florence, Italy
“Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Very good price for the money. The personnel was always kind and available. In the rooms was warm. We had a nice view of the Blue Mosque from our balcony. The only inconvenient for the proximity to the mosques is the Call for prayer, which will be heard loudly from the room. But this will happen anywhere there are mosques around...and Istanbul has many!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed on the Pension side, with bathroom, for six nights in June/July 2012. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was excited to finally arrive and experience Istanbul. The Side Hotel completely blew me away. The location is absolutely flawless - right next to the Four Seasons, just around the corner from all the major tourist attractions of Sultanahmet; whilst Sultanahmet has a reputation for housing all the cheap hostels and backpackers, this place totally bucks the trend with a slightly older, more mature crowd. It's located on a lovely quiet street, yet the busy, more touristy streets with restaurants/bars/live dancing etc are just around the corner if you wish to partake. The rooftop terrace took my breath away when I went up for the first time - absolutely incredible views that must be seen to be believed.

My room was spotless and functional; yes, basic, but had everything I needed. Free WiFi throughout the building and on the terrace. Staff were always warm and friendly, even letting me check in when I arrived at about 9am. No air conditioning, but being on the ground floor I always had a nice breeze through the window and a pedestal fan. Breakfast was delicious - not completely filling for a 20 year old guy, but enough to get you going before purchasing a couple of pastries from street vendors around town. Yes the call to prayer is loud, but it's so atmospheric to be sitting on the roof at twilight, sipping a beer, watching the Blue Mosque illuminate as the call echoes around the city. It only woke me early one morning, but I got a few more hours sleep afterwards - I was so exhausted from all my exploring the other days that I slept right through it.

Istanbul is an absolutely amazing city and the Turkish are so incredibly friendly. My six nights here were definitely the highlight of my trip and made my experience of Istanbul just that much better. Cannot recommend strongly enough and cannot wait to return soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We was looking for a nice, simple and good-value place to stay in the city of Istanbul. This pension just matched to all our wishes. The room is simple and clean. It is only 2 minutes from Hagia Sophia and 4 minutes from the tram station Sultan Ahmet, where is the best start point of any sightseeing you can imagine. The roof-top breakfast was amazing - looking over to the sea, Sultan Ahmet and Hagia Sohia. The hotel reserved places for an impressive Turkish traditional dance show in Hodjapasha for us. We really enjoyed the stay there. there is nothing to complain. I will definitely go back there, if I go again to Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arusha, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is located right in the old quarter and is a 5 min walk from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and the start point for all the tour buses around the city.

They take $US, Euros and Turkish currencies

Breakfast is served on the terrace on top of the building which has an ice view. But I recommend going to the hotel opposite called the Seven Hills Hotel for evening drinks/dinner as it has an even nicer terrace and full dinner menu.

Help Desk Staff were really helpful giving us advice on good fish restaurant etc

There are complimentary tea/coffee facilities in the area by reception, which is are nice when you're waiting for airport transfers etc. The luggage storage faciility is also very useful.

Room Tip: Due to being so close to the blus Mosque the Call to Prayer is very loud, but I assume rooms on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Adana, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We actually was on the pension side of the hotel. The location and the price makes this a great deal. The breakfast in the morning with the view of the blue mosque was beautiful. We are planning another trip here with the kids in December.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Great value, Great location and awesome views from the terrace. One staff was a little grumpy but otherwise very kind people. A week later when passing through Istanbul they let us store our luggage there for free.

• Stayed November 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Whenever I visit Istanbul this is the place I head for.it is central for everything and reasonable price.
The staff are wam ,welcoming and friendly.I have many friends who agree and always choose the Side
For a stopover on the way to Southern Turkey

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Side Hotel and Pension? Share your experiences!