We stayed here from Dec 6-8 2013 in room 259. We had booked a non-smoking deluxe Bosphorous view. We were checked in by Merve Temel who took us to see a ground floor room that she said was much larger although Lobby level. It was next to the children's playground and had almost no view. We then went to a room on the first floor with an OK view, but which wasn't non smoking. She offered a fan and aromatic oils. (?) They had no record of our request, but we showed her our confirmation and we ended up at 259, a truly beautiful room with a fabulous view. Although we were told it was a no smoking floor, this turned out to be false as evidenced by our neighbours.
The Laledan restaurant is great. Lovely food and really friendly service. On our second night a waiter we had not previously met knew that my husband took his coffee back and that I wanted a cappuccino before being asked! The breakfast is outstanding. A fixed price for the buffet plus any a la carte option at no extra charge. There was a gluten free section, also a diabetic section, along with every kind of food you could want. Get the French Toast. It was incredible. The Gazebo Lounge has great sandwiches and cakes, and both face the Bosphorous for some beautiful views as the sun sets. I could not fault the food or the service.
The hotel has its own taxis to take you anywhere, so there is no waiting for one to be available. The concierge is very knowledgeable and the doorman was really helpful and always remembered us.
There is free wifi with no log in every time you leave the room and come back again, and the bed was super comfortable. The TV has loads of English channels, and we were given free fruit and pastries in the room each day.
Downsides? The only thing was really when we first arrived, and were taken around the rooms until we eventually got what we had booked. I suppose it was worth a try on their part to give us something that was less popular with guests, but fortunately we weren't going to settle for something else when it was a rare weekend for just the two of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul