“Amazing hotel in a fantastic location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #56 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel in a fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here from Dec 6-8 2013 in room 259. We had booked a non-smoking deluxe Bosphorous view. We were checked in by Merve Temel who took us to see a ground floor room that she said was much larger although Lobby level. It was next to the children's playground and had almost no view. We then went to a room on the first floor with an OK view, but which wasn't non smoking. She offered a fan and aromatic oils. (?) They had no record of our request, but we showed her our confirmation and we ended up at 259, a truly beautiful room with a fabulous view. Although we were told it was a no smoking floor, this turned out to be false as evidenced by our neighbours.
The Laledan restaurant is great. Lovely food and really friendly service. On our second night a waiter we had not previously met knew that my husband took his coffee back and that I wanted a cappuccino before being asked! The breakfast is outstanding. A fixed price for the buffet plus any a la carte option at no extra charge. There was a gluten free section, also a diabetic section, along with every kind of food you could want. Get the French Toast. It was incredible. The Gazebo Lounge has great sandwiches and cakes, and both face the Bosphorous for some beautiful views as the sun sets. I could not fault the food or the service.
The hotel has its own taxis to take you anywhere, so there is no waiting for one to be available. The concierge is very knowledgeable and the doorman was really helpful and always remembered us.
There is free wifi with no log in every time you leave the room and come back again, and the bed was super comfortable. The TV has loads of English channels, and we were given free fruit and pastries in the room each day.
Downsides? The only thing was really when we first arrived, and were taken around the rooms until we eventually got what we had booked. I suppose it was worth a try on their part to give us something that was less popular with guests, but fortunately we weren't going to settle for something else when it was a rare weekend for just the two of us.

Room Tip: Don not accept a room on the lobby level unless you have requested one. Ideally be on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
I was very happy to read your review and thank for your thoughtful feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you on many occasions.
Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Although Winter in Turkey is not the recommended time for most visitors, my wife and I decided we were still able to view all the sights we were interested in and hoped it would be a little less busy. Through our trip, we had a private guided tour which included 5 star hotels at all locations in turkey and upon completion of this tour we were to stay at the Ciragan Palace Kempinski as a birthday surprise to my wife. I must say, from the moment we set foot in the entrance to the moment we left, we were nothing short of astonished at the fabulous service, hospitality and uniqueness of this experience. Travelling through turkey, I found that in most hotels (inc 5 star hotels), english was only spoken by a few and as my wife has severe food allergies we had atleast 1 bad experience at an alternative hotel due to their lack of understanding or communication. I was only required to notify the hotel once of my wife's allergies which include (gluten, dairy, rice) and for the 3-4 days we stayed at the hotel, special meals were prepared in all instances to suit her requirements (including a special birthday cake). The hotel was incredibly clean and the restaurants were amazing. After trying both restaurants I would recommend LaLedan above the Tugra restaurant but this could be personal taste. My wife experienced the turkish Hamam which I have been told was quite soothing and relaxing. All in all, you may pay a little extra for your accomodation, but the inclusions have you feel like you're grabbing a bargain. If I was travelling to this region of Europe I would make the trip to Turkey once again, so I could stay at Kempinski.

Two of the waitor's names that I would like to mention are; Erkan & Nejmidden - for playing a substantial role in our experience

After staying at a large number of 5 star resorts around the world, I can comfortably say that my wife and I have not experienced hospitality the way we did at Ciragan Palace Kempinski

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor following your stay with us earlier this month.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review and we are glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
Naples, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Finally I'm out of this hotel.
Bad experience . It started with the customer assistance. They couldn't find my reservation and I stayed more than 1 hour on the chair awaitng a solution.
Wifi in the room didn't work all day ( dec 10 th ) so I was oblige to have a skypecall in the lobby with all people there.
At the end before my check out shower didn't work ...they told me because the weather.
You can put on the wall all the pictures with actors and politics...it is part of your story....now your hotel in unacceptable !! Shame!

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and kindly note our Hotel Manager Mr. Leon Baum will be at your entire disposal should you wish to discuss it further. You may kindly contact him directly at (leon.baum@kempinski.com) referring to this review in the email title.
We hope you will give us another chance with a further visit in the future and let us provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality here at the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was a guest at a wedding held at this beautiful hotel in September. In the rush to leave for the airport, I was horrified to realise I left my dress watch in the room. I called Ciragan Palace and the housekeeper had already found it and it was returned safely to me, along with a few others left in the room. The service was fast and professional, the food was outstanding quality and taste, and the facilities were superb. Excellent for a truly romantic wedding - the wedding was held at sunset overlooking the Bhosporus and as an added perk a beautiful large moon framed the bridge during the ceremony. Such magic all around. We shall return.

Room Tip: Bhosporus side is worth the splurge I would imagine but my room overlooking the city was quiet and s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us back in September.
We were very happy to read your thoughtful feedback, and are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to Istanbul a memorable experience.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in Istanbul starting this November,from the moment we arrived my we felt the warmth and attentivenes of the hotel, my wife was greeted with a bouquet of flowers.

What can say, the service from the taxi drivers to the concierge at the hotel was excellent, the food in the restaurants was of 1 star MIchelin Restaurant.

We had a room facing the Bosporus,so every morning we woke up seeing the fishing boats,Ferries and container ships go by besides, the Bosphoros Bridge,Topkapi Palace etc.

We have to give special thanks to Yi Yang in the guest relations Department.
She was always attentive to any need we had and always with a smile in her face.
We think that this is the best hotel in Istanbul ,because of their service,the spacious rooms
and general atmosphere.
We will stay again there next time

Room Tip: If you wish the best view with out staying on a suite Room 330 offers all of this
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review with great comments and thank for your thoughtful feedback on behalf of my colleague whom you mentioned in your review.
We have shared your comments with the rest of the team as well and you really made our day!
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back soon.
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was there at october . really quality placa .staff is really helpfull . I like so much . I suggest there to everyone. the hotel is center of the istanbul so you can go everywhere very easy. however landscape is so fantastic . you can see Bosporus very well . also I shoul mention about food , the taste of the food really good

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us back in October.
It was a true pleasure for us to read your thoughtful feedback and I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our culinary offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

After a 12-hour international flight, Ciragan Palace was a sight for sore eyes. I had a traditional style room with a beautiful sea view. The room was comfortable, spacious and had a great quality mattress.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent business trip to Istanbul.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many occasions.
Yours sincerely,

Been to Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul? Share your experiences!