“Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel has everything!
a great location, a luxurious decor, a lot of details in every corner great service! the common areas are just beautiful with a view to the Bosphorus and the bridges the bar is just great!
i really recommend this as the most luxurious hotel in Istanbul

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following recent your stay with us.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a review with great comments.
We have shared it with the rest of the team as well and you really made our day!
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Indeed a magnificent piece of historic building with breathtaking views of the Bosphorus. Many people come to stay at Ciragan with expectations higher than the skies. Our 6 days stay in this magical Palace has been nothing short than a priceless experience. The Palace lush gardens, grounds, pools are so vast and pristinely kept. The rooms looking over the Bosphorus is just unreal. We were welcomed with a bottle of fine Red and complimentary snacks in the afternoon including delish chocolate covered fresh strawberries every afternoon for our young children. Breakfast was excellent every single day. Service is something EVERY leading Hotel strive to excel in, Ciragan is no exception, if everything were perfect, staff will be complacent so theres always room for improvement and it is evident in Ciragan where the staff goes to great lengths to understand your need and it gets very difficult when every guest demands the Royal treatment with little or lack of grace on their own part which we have witnessed for ourselves. Personally, my family and I have enjoyed our time immensely in this Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to meet us, Ralph it was indeed a pleasure. Our favourite porter, Engin has been so helpful with all our queries and we feel his passion in making his guests feel special. Highly recommended place to EXPERIENCE. A great man in the Hotelier once said to us just recently, "it is not enough to be passionate in this business, you have to be OBSESSED" by Ralph Radtke.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
It was indeed my pleasure to meet you and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our Palace suites located in the historic Ciragan Palace.
I do thank you again for your thoughtful feedback on behalf of my colleagues, who contributed to making your stay with us a memorable one and look forward to you welcoming you back here in Ciragan Palace Kempinski , the only Ottoman Imperial Palace and Hotel on the Bosphorus, on many occasions.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

one of the best hotel experiences I had ever!!
stayed in the palace, perfect staff, really felt like a sultan!!
great food, highly recommend the Tugra Restaurant, great view w/ spectacular food!!
totally worth it, would definitely stay there on my next visit to istanbul!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was very happy to read your review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us last month.
We do appreciate your thoughtful comments and hope we will welcome you home in the not too distant future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fifth time in Istanbul, first time in Ciragan.Was welcomed by the hotel staff. Had trouble with my corporate card, yet pre-paid 11 nights of stay with it (by pre-paid I mean the amount was withdrawn vs. just frozen as a payment for my whole stay). Yet due to frequent trips there were not enough funds to provide for incidentals (500 Turkish liras per day as I was informed). Yet I infromed I had 2 of my private cards with me that could be used. So 5 minutes after I was in my room there was a knock on the door and a waiter with an orange plastic crate (literally like the one they use in a shop) came in and started taking all the soft drink and alcoholic beverages out of the mini-bar. When I asked what was going on, he said this was instructed by the reception. It is for the first time that I see such a level of service in a hotel, especially in a hotel that positions itself in a luxury category. It is surprising to hear then on the hotel's television General Manager of the hotel talking about "loving people and valuing guests". Probably the cost of the whole mini bar was less than a night's rate in here. This is the most humiliating experience I have ever had. Scared to think what I may come next.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
You may kindly note requesting deposit for incidentals is an industry-standard practice however we thoroughly believe that it is our responsibility to have it carried out without creating discomfort for our guests in any ways. Thus please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. If you would like to discuss it further, our Hotel Manager Mr. Leon Baum will be at your entire disposal and you may kindly contact him directly at (leon.baum@kempinski.com) referring to this review in the email title.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here a few times. It has great location and one of the best breakfast buffets anywhere in the world. These days I prefer to stay at other hotels but do occasionally come over for the breakfast alone. For me it has a bit of an "industrial scale" hospitality feel to it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
I deeply regret to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your last stay with us in December 2012. Personalized service is of great importance to us thus we would like to discuss the shortcomings you experienced with you in detail at your convenience. Kindly contact our Hotel Manager, Mr. Leon Baum directly at (leon.baum@kempinski.com) referring to this review in the email title.
I do hope you will give us another chance with a further visit soon and let us provide you with the finest personalized service at its best.
Geneva
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was highly recommended that we go to the SPA at the Palace. First, the staff could not speak English properly. Second, I was offered to have a massage outdoors, but the place was totally open [no curtains], by the pool so people were passing by, and it was little disconcerting to have passing tourist boats looking at my being massaged. The prices were prohibitive by any standards. Not worth the trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us earlier this month.
I deeply regret to hear that your outdoor massage experience was not up to your expectations. We have taken note of your constructive feedback and appreciate it truly as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide. Please rest assured that we have immediately passed your comments onto Sanitas Spa and our Hotel Manager Mr. Leon Baum will be at your entire disposal should you wish to discuss it further. You may kindly contact him directly at (leon.baun@kempinski.com) referring to this review in the email title.
We hope to be your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Ciragan Palace and had a wonderful stay! We had been here before, in Dec. 2006, and we had very good memories about it, and I was curious to see if something had changed over the years. Well everything is still there! Beautiful, large, exquisitely decorated rooms and bathrooms, flawless and attentive service, stunning and well kept grounds. From the moment we walked in everything was perfect.
Breakfast buffet is very good, with freshly squeezed juices, lots of food to choose from and a good selection of healthy options (I'm not a bacon and eggs lover). We also had dinner at the Ottoman restaurant, on the terrace with a superb view on the Bosphorous; It's truly a culinary experience!
My two teenage children and I, spent some time in the SPA and in the gym. I experienced the "turkish bath massage" which was absolutely blissful! The gym is large and well equipped with modern Technogym machines for cardio workout. The outdoor swimming pool is very large, you can swim lengths. Both staff at the SPA and at the swimming pool are very kind and helpful.
The only turndown are prices at the SPA. I spent 85 Euros for a 45 min. pedicure, which is extremely expensive even on Swiss standards.
A part from prices at the SPA we truly had an exceptional holiday and we definitely would like to come back here.

Room Tip: Definitely a room with view on the Bosphorous. Money well spent!