The Hotel is located in the Besiktas area of Istanbul, quite far from tourist attractions like the Blue Mosque or the Hagia Sophia. Depending on when you arrive at the airport the trip to the hotel can take you longer than 90 minutes through some of the densest and undisciplined traffic I have ever seen. With that in mind, no trip to any tourist attraction is without considerable time spent in a traffic jam.
If that is not an issue, the hotel is fabulously located on the shores of the Bosphorus. A 19th-Century Turkish Palace adjoins the property and is where large events and conferences are held. A beautiful infinity pool allows you to observe large ocean-going vessels gliding past you as you swim. A well-kept park/garden invites guests for a peaceful stroll.
The hotel has several restaurants. I recommend the Laledan restaurant because of its lavish breakfast or sunday brunch. There is a well-regarded turkish restaurant in the adjoining Palace, which I enjoyed. The bar is stylish and the cocktails are fine. There is an area outside where guests can sit and enjoy a drink and/or a smoke. The service at these facilities is mediocre, you really need an effort to get their attention.
All of the modern, well-appointed and fairly recently renovated rooms are in the main hotel building, not in the Palace itself. They mostly face away from the road and thus are quiet. The rooms are divided into Bosphorus-side, Palace-side and Park-side and are priced accordingly.
This is a premium Hotel and, as such, has premium prices. It may be a while before management notices that charging 12 Euros for a Bottle of Evian is going to drive away more customers than it attracts. On the other hand, fortunately, the Hotel does not charge for WLAN.
If you feel that you need peace, quiet and distance after the hustle and bustle of a turkish bazar/mosque/palace/traffic-jam, this is the place for you. If being in the middle of it is your thing, there are better hotels for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Splendia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul