Maybe it's just not to my taste. The rooms are done up quite ostentatiously....lots of heavy drapery, thick carpeting. It's over the top...and not easy to clean. Not the best environment if you have dust mite allergies. Even the bathtub had two layers of drapes.
If you like grand and chintzy, I guess it's for you. It really isn't allergy friendly. For those not forking out for a Boaphorus view, it's on the road leading towards Bebek and traffic noise can be a pain.
And it is tied to the palace, but unless you're staying in one of the super luxe suites, you would be in the modern building next door. Service is not exceptional.
Bosphorus view can't be faulted though. And breakfast is nice- smoothies, wide selection of cheeses, kaymak (clotted cream) with honey and the usual continental breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul