the call of duty. Yes, the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul is one of those top "luxe" palaces (and yes, it really was a palace before it was transformed into a hotel, but that's not why I will always remember our stay.
In spite of packing four suitcases, I managed to forget an essential medicine. I discovered this after more than 16 hours of travel and 8 time zones. When I contacted the concierge for advice, he asked if I would like to see the physician on duty. Huh? A doctor in the house? I thanked him, but thought I could remedy the problem myself together with a call to FEDEX. Unfortunately, the $$$ cost, time delay, and impossible rules--can't remember, but there seemed to be affidavits and certificates involved if I wanted to ship a prescription medicine overseas) made that an impossible route, so I asked to see the MD. Turns out, she was available every day until four pm.
Imagine a concierge doctor...no waiting and ready to help.
It took a while to find the medicine and it would not be available until the next day and yes, the cost was not negligible, but at that point, it did not matter.
And, as promised, the medicine was delivered as scheduled, the charge was added to our bill and we were able to enjoy the sights of Istanbul.
I cannot add much more to other visitors' impressions of the Ciragan Palace, other than to say we heartily recommend this hotel and are most grateful for the medical service that was provided. In a foreign land, this makes life a lot easier.
- Also Known As:
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul Hotel
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski Hotel Istanbul
- Ciragan Palace
- Istanbul Ciragan Palace Kempinski
- Kempinski Istanbul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cıragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul offers the ultimate in luxury and glamour of a genuine Ottoman Palace with its 313 rooms including 22 suites in the hotel and 11 suites in the historical Palace. This 5-star luxury Imperial Palace hotel is located on the shores of the magnificent Bosphorus overlooking the ancient city of Istanbul, provides a one-of-a-kind experience with its historical ambiance and excellent Kempinski service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.