“Hotel with large rooms and balcony” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus

You added Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus to your Saves list
Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cumhuriyet Cad. Harbiye, Sisli, Istanbul 34367, Turkey (Formerly Hilton Istanbul) (Harbiye)   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #169 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
world traveller in Netherlands
“Hotel with large rooms and balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

The main benefit of this hotel is that it is one of the oldest in Istanbul, thereby commanding (a) extensive grounds (b) have balconies and (c) have large rooms, unlike any of the other 5x hotels in Istanbul. This apparantly makes this hotel very attractive, as it is always busy (except for January/February). As it is so attractive,it makes it sometimes difficult to reserve rooms. However, if you have local contact they are always able to get a room... Strange.

The views from the rooms are great on the Bosphorus (but you pay more). The business ounge is well equipped. The restaurants are good. Taksim square is nearby.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
SaschaKoehler, Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
Thank you for your nice comments . We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Istanbul. We hope that your travel plans will include Istanbul again soon!

Hilton Istanbul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I used two stay two times with friends . Always we were waiting 2PM - official check in time because the hotel was full.

The hotel is about 40 min by taxi from the airport and is situated in the City centre. We stayed at the executive room. I would not say stay it was big enough for three of us and it took us some time to get an extra bed (room were not ready). We paid 370 Euro per night for this room and was not happy with its size.

The hotel provide very good breakfast with fresh juices. The views from the restaurants are gorgeous.
The SPA area was very small and we were very unhappy with its quality and facilities. I would recommend to stay in this hotel only on business or if they provide super deal (about 120-150 euro per night) because there a lot of much better hotel around.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
SaschaKoehler, Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
We appreciate your kind feedback and valuable comments. I am sorry for the wait upon check-in; we are truly busy at the time. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

The Istanbul Hilton is a favourate destination for me for the last seven years. I look forward to my stay all year long.
The property is superb, in the middle of the city you have the feeling of being at a resort.
with it's extensive gardens, spacious pool area and outdoor spaces.
During the last trip unfortunately I was disappointed. The air conditioner regardless of setting kept blasting cold air. There was a constant annoying voise apparently from the bathroom exhaust fan. A long red hair strand was across the bathtub when we checked into the room.
One morning as I reached under the bed in search of a pen that was dropped, I noticed that the floor underneath had not been cleaned from previous guests. Our drinking glasses were not changed. These problems were brought to the attention of guest services but not was apparently corrected. I also found the service in the executive dinning room very inconsistent, from having to look for a waiter to being ignored and another time being greeted and attended to.
I'm hoping better supervision and coaching will keep the hotel's standards high.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback.
We are very sorry to note the inconveniences you have experienced regarding your room features and attitudes of our team members. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared to be addressed immediately.
We would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

Graz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Travelling to Istanbul is going back home for me, and Hilton sure makes me feel at home. I have not seen this friendly hotel staff ever anywhere. The hotel sure is not the most luxurious one out there, and it sure needs small repairs here ant there; but I don't know how - they always make me feel at home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to read your feedback.
Thank you for your nice comments and loyalty. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Istanbul. We hope that your travel plans will include Istanbul again soon!

istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

my stay was amazing in hilton istanbul. i took myself in to hilton and they look after me afterwards.
everything was amazing. i stayed there for 2 days with my girlfriend, especially in the breakfast service they remembered my name and they did not ask again on the second morning.
Also server in the breakfast saloon recognise us and he serve us the same decaffeinated cappucino.
Also for the people who would like to have a rest they created upper location at the pool area, so you do not need to stay just beside of the pool and hear the children noise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
SaschaKoehler, Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
It is great to learn that your have enjoyed your stay and our services! Your nice comments have been happily shared with our team. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Sascha Koehler Hotel Manager Hilton Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We visited Istanbul in July 2010 and stayed for couple of nights at Hilton and before that 3 nights in other hotel. All I can say is that we regretted that why didn't we stayed the previous 3 nights also at Hilton. Staff is one of the biggest asset of Hilton. Be it the Door Uncle (as my kids said), Housekeeping staff or Front Office staff .. All were very polite and knew the meaning of hospitality. Dragon restaurant certainly the best place to be in the evening and the live band is the feather in the cap of it. My daughter enjoyed the company of the BOSS's daughter(as the staff said) who were helping out at the Dragon restaurant. May be the only thing they can add is couple of sliding rides at the kids pool for kids and the Internet needs to be free as it is now a part of the room in most of the hotels. Otherwise a perfect place to stay in a perfect city. Room size is something which is incredible along with the balcony. I saw some of the reviews said that NO Furniture at the balcony but I think they forgot to ask for it from Housekeeping staff. All the requests were promptly attended with no follow-up required.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SaschaKoehler, Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
It was a pleasure to read your positive and detailed feedback. It is great to learn that our team has secured an enjoyable stay for you and will be thrilled to hear about it. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Sascha Koehler Hotel Manager Hilton Istanbul
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I have been regularly staying in this hotel for the last 3 years and am almost addicted to it. I like the view from the executive lounge, which itself has become very charming, particularly after the renovation. There are 6 computers for free usage, but that sometimes leads to lot of noise as children play games etc.
The location is just superb, just walking distance to Taksim - which is the hub of all late vening activities.
The hotel looks can sometimes confuse one, with its 'hostel' kind of appearance. But once you are inside, I think everything is perfect.
The pool is superb and so are all the sports and other activities. The indoor pool is very small though.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to all business executives and individuals alike.
Manish Joshi

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
SaschaKoehler, Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
It was a pleasure to read your detailed feedback. Thank you for your nice comments and loyalty. It is great to learn that your have enjoyed your stay and our services. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Sascha Koehler Hotel Manager Hilton Istanbul

Been to Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus? Share your experiences!