“Standards Maintained” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divan Istanbul

You added Divan Istanbul to your Saves list
Divan Istanbul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Asker Ocagi Caddesi No:1 | Sisli, Istanbul 34367, Turkey (Şişli)   |
Ranked #125 of 960 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Standards Maintained”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you are looking for a full-service hotel in Istanbul you can't go wrong with the Divan. I have made it my winter hotel of choice in recent years and have been pleased to find that the level of service is as high as you would expect from one of the Koç stable of companies each time I return - this time being no exception.

A few new thoughts:
I particularly like the pool - a great place to unwind at the end of the day either for those working or tourists - but the whole spa has much to commend it.

If you are taking breakfast at the hotel you might want to order breakfast from the menu. The buffet is extensive but the menu choices certainly offer better value.

My only gripe on this occasion, was that coming from a boutique hotel elsewhere in the city I was disappointed to find hat wi-fi was still charged at EUR 15 per day - time to abandon this charge and add it to the room I say.

Check out my room tips.

Room Tip: If you book a deluxe room ask for a room on the 10th floor overlooking the Park Hyatt (1004-1009) as...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
HotelManagement2014, Ön Büro Müdürü at Divan Istanbul, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Warm greetings from Divan Istanbul!
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Divan Istanbul. We really appreciate your excellent feedback. We are passionate about exceeding our guests' expectations and we are so delighted to hear that you were well taken care of by our colleagues.

We are honored that you choose Divan Istanbul and we look forward to welcome you again.
Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

2015 Valentine visit to istanbul with my hubby was great we had a great 4 night stay in Divan hotel.nice breakfast buffet lots to choose...! rooms ok for a couple...bathrooms was my husband favorite LOL mine was the shower huge water feels me relax..sad we did not try the Hammam ,spa and the pool :( we will be back with my girls soon...and we love to stay again here.
Perfect location and excellent staff... ( trying thier best to speak you in English) tumbs up!!!right from the door there was a warm welcome and smiles on the reception and guards!!
close to taksim square and other 5 Stars hotel.....!!if you love to walk its nice to see other place like military Museum and reach to Cavahir Mall...i feel safe...love the dogs and cats all over the street :) overall we satisfied....!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your nice comments.
We are glad that we were able to provide quality service and fulfil your every desire during your stay with us.
We are looking forward welcoming you back at Divan Istanbul soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

There are a few Divan's in Istanbul. This one's located in Taksim and therefore it's a great location for sightseeing with very convenient access to the Metro. Convenient for offices in the Kabatas area which is a 15 min stroll away.

This Divan has good sized rooms, great amenities and the service is excellent.

All round great experience. They've got a repeat guest here.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for very much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Divan Istanbul.
We strive to deliver genuine hospitality from the heart and we are so please to hear our staff was able to provide you great overall service.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is a beautiful but most staff are rude.i planned to stay for two nights only.but , check in was easy and quick ,I booked a classic room and they ve suggested to upgrade to junior suite .
I had to stay more for 3 nights as informed the employee at the front desk ,he didn't check but rudly replied that the hotel is fully booked and that I should leave tomorrow by 12 am . Didn't want to stay for 1 more min but my other friends didn't want to change hotels.
In the following morning I checked with another front desk employee he said we have vacancies and I stayed for 3 more nights.
We can't predict the mood of the staff to be honest I was avoiding talking to them and avoiding the bad attitude.
Another story that I was looking for the gym and by mistake I went to -2 and I was walking at the corridor, a staff approached me in a rude way not saying " what do you want, what are you looking for" I was so shocked and disappointed that's not a behaviour of a 5 star hotel !
And again , during checkout, I was allowed to stay until 1:30 which is a credit to them. I asked them to keep my luggage in store because my flight is in the night , the front desk didnt give me a luggage tag saying they know Me and they can recognise my luggage!
When I went out I saw all of luggage near the main entrance . I asked the Janitors to take my luggage inside and provide me with a tag .Janitors were really helpful and very friendly.
Concierge team is perfect and so professional and helpful .

Internet is not free i guess they should reconsider that .
House keeping is so so clean I love it .

Some employees are good but others with bad attitude would change your whole experience
You can find a better 5 stars hotel with a better service , price and location in Istanbul

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing Divan Istanbul. We would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties encountered during your stay. Service is our priority and please be assured that your comments will be conveyed accordingly to our colleagues.
I will be more than delighted to talk to you personally about this issue. Would you please provide us your contact information via e-mail at tuba.atıs@divan.com.tr at your earliest convenience?
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the service we are known for and to experience again Divan Istanbul.
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would say that Divan as a hotel is lovely only because of location. I won't give this hotel 5stars, the rooms were not as nice as expected, was also very dull.
Stuff sometimes was quite rude which I doesn't let to enjoy your stay or even stops you wondering what hotel can offer as you are afraid to ask because you can't expect what is the mood of the worker..
Wouldnt come back here again

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
HotelManagement2014, Ön Büro Müdürü at Divan Istanbul, responded to this review, 1 week ago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I planned a quick visit to istanbul for a short break.. had a great 4 night stay in Divan hotel. Perfect location and excellent staff... right from the door there was a warm welcome and smiles on the reception.. close to taksim square n other nice resturant n cafes..

Concierge service by Mr. Fatih was really helpful and assisted in planing tours and suggestions.

Overall.. Recommended for family n friends

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
HotelManagement2014, Ön Büro Müdürü at Divan Istanbul, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Warm greetings from Divan Istanbul!
Your commendations about Mr. Fatih will be conveyed accordingly. I am certain that he will be delighted to know about your appreciation for his service.
Divan Istanbul aim to delight and provide all our guests with the highest standards in service and hospitality. We go to great lengths at our hotel to ensure that our guests are given the attention and comfort they deserve.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Divan Istanbul
Tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Divan was the best Hotel I have stayed-in in Istanbul and I have been in many Hotels in Istanbul for Business and pleasure. The hotel staff is very friendly, specially the Spa staff. Take advantage of the many spa facilities. You will not regret it. The rooms are nice decorated and very clean. When you check in ask for upgrades. They usually have very good afters. The breakfast buffet was not what is expected from a 4 star hotel. Breads and simit was not fresh but the rest was ok. But even in this hotel you have to check your invoice very carefully. Specially the minibar bill. As in any other place in Turkey they try to cheat to get more money out of you.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
HotelManagement2014, Ön Büro Müdürü at Divan Istanbul, responded to this review, 6 days ago

Yours sincerely,

Been to Divan Istanbul? Share your experiences!